Seems like ADRs have gotten a little easier

ladybugsister

Earning My Ears
My 180 days plus 10 was this morning and I got all the ADRs I wanted including CP and CRT for pre-park opening.

I had been keeping my eye on available ADRs prior to my booking and it definitely seemed to be a vast difference with availabilities since Disney shutting down all those ADR booking sites. I remember trying some of the same ADRs this summer (as a test) at 180 days with no availabilities since I figure those sites set up fake reservations to get the benefit of booking those hard one with the bonus of the plus 10. So thank you to Disney for figuring it out and making it easier for the regular folks.

I'll be interested to see how the no ADRs for Skippers Canteen works out and if Disney will modify more of the restaurants to follow suit.

Has anyone else noticed ADR bookings getting easier?

No, I've never not gotten an ADR when I booked at 180 days out. The only time it gets tougher is when times are near dates people think will be free dining. Folks hoard reservations then in ways they don't the rest of the year

I agree! I booked at 180 days, one day at a time as we're staying off site, and had no problems getting exactly what I wanted at the exact times I wanted. That has never happened before.

I've definitely found it to be easier. In several weeks since booking at 180 days plus, I have had no problem changing my reservations to whenever I want, including toughies such as Le Cellier. It seems the days of having to rise at dawn to grab reservations are gone. A victory for humans over bots!

I was surprised at how easily my husband scored BOG reservations and CRT for the week before Easter. It was a minor miracle getting the BOG res last year! Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

I guess just don't wait - do it exactly on the 180 day mark - we just booked our trip today - we were about 170 days out and well there is nothing left that we wanted - so disappointed. Well okay I mean if we want to eat dinner at 9:30 we can do that.

We were surprised when we booked 5 months out (late change of plans) we could get what we wanted pretty much when we wanted. Now we are going on a slow time in February, but it was easy. The only thing we couldn't get at a time we really wanted was le cellier-it was either 4 or before or after 8 for the 5 of us (looking for four though out of quriosity opened up many more times). We ended up deciding it wasn't worth it for us anyway. We booked lunch BOG, chef mickeys, and ohana (as well as tusker house lunch and rainforest which don't seem as hard to get) at the exact times we wanted.

The only reservations I have noticed being hard to get (within a week or so after 180+) was a decent time for CRT, BOG (if you have small children who like to eat before 7 pm) and Dining with an Imagineer was gone. I managed to snag one for the last day of our trip (not ideal) but after a week or so of checking I got the day I wanted.
So yes, it definitely seems easier. Last time we went was not free dining and ADRs were tough.

My 180 days plus 10 was this morning and I got all the ADRs I wanted including CP and CRT for pre-park opening.

I had been keeping my eye on available ADRs prior to my booking and it definitely seemed to be a vast difference with availabilities since Disney shutting down all those ADR booking sites. I remember trying some of the same ADRs this summer (as a test) at 180 days with no availabilities since I figure those sites set up fake reservations to get the benefit of booking those hard one with the bonus of the plus 10. So thank you to Disney for figuring it out and making it easier for the regular folks.

I'll be interested to see how the no ADRs for Skippers Canteen works out and if Disney will modify more of the restaurants to follow suit.

Has anyone else noticed ADR bookings getting easier?

I was able to get a 5pm for Bog this morning at around 10am!! That was at my 180 day -- never used to happen, and I am pretty convinced that it has a lot to do with the "+10" not working online for a ton of people. I never had a problem before --- the other day, it wouldn't work, (kept getting the "sorry about the paws" error. On another thread, looks like this ongoing problem has existed since November !!

Wow! This is good news! I know tht on our next trip I want to take the girls to BOG dinner but was prepared to iss it based on the last two trips.

Earlier tonight I booked BOG dinner for April. Didn't get CRT pre-opening but still got it for breakfast... will keep stalking that one. But at only 3 months out I wasn't expecting to have a shot at either of those!

I was able to book this morning my 180 days for BOG and The Castle both for dinner for August with no problems and was able to change times after.

We are doing a last minute trip in March and so far I've gotten a BOG for 4 at 1:20 (slightly later than we normally eat, but no worries!) and a CRT at 12:05-- I do check multiple times a day, but I've been so happy with the availability!

Agreed-- we planned a little late for our trip last October (booked in June) and I had a HORRIBLE time getting reservations. We have gone several times at that time of year, and almost never book before 180, and I've never had trouble getting prime ADR's with a little diligence. That was when the booking sites were in full swing.

We just booked a very last minute 2-day trip at the tail end of our Keys spring break trip. I have very ADR we wanted ('Ohana, LTT, Plaza and Cape May breakfast.). I know not all of those are super-high demand, but I was never able to find an Ohana, Plaza or CM in October, and I searched like crazy. I'm glad to see the playing field a little more leveled.

Totally agree. BOG had availability all day for +180 today when I tested the system in preparation for making our ADRs next week.

we've just started planning a trip for April, and we're also having a much easier time. our most recent trip was last November--we overlapped with free dining but we were paying OOP for food, and it was the most difficult trip to plan. I kind of like chasing ADRs, to be honest, but for that trip it was a bit much. I remember the cancellation thread was dozens of pages, and the poor moderator was constantly deleting wanted/trade posts. the cancellation thread for this April is 2 pages. it's incomparable. also, to be fair, we're a party of 2 and we aren't looking for anywhere super popular (although fingers crossed club villain continues into April!) at about 65 days, we booked 1900 park fare dinner, Sanaa lunch, ohana breakfast, mama Melrose dinner with F!, and boathouse dinner, all at great times.

All of this seems like great news! I am curious if aside from the booking sites, if the inflated TS food costs are playing a role in this? Wonder if people are cutting down their TS meals & doing QS instead. What are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:
I just booked ADRs for the third week in August and had no issues at all getting things like pre-park BOG, Ohana breakfast and dinner and Lunch H&V Fantasmic package. I am very pleased! All our other trips have been during free dining and it was almost impossible to get the kind of ADRs I got with very little effort this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter