Seeking Tide Pools at the beach

grammakelly

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are putting the finishing touches on our annual trip this week.
We will be at the Happiest Place on Earth from Feb 22 to Feb 28th.
We want to take one beach day, maybe the 21st...as it has rained on our beach day the last 2 years...
My kiddos want to see tide pools at the beach this time. I see some listed at Corona Beach.
A neighbor says they stumbled upon some a bit closer and toward Huntington Beach, but she cannot remember how they got to that spot.
My question is: Where would be the best spot to go, but not too far away? We would go to Corona, but would rather not travel too far.
Thanks! I love the DisBoards!

Bummer about your rained out beach days, but I can't say I'm surprised. Californians perpetuate the myth of perfect beaches in the state. As a displaced Californian living in Hawaii, I can attest that what California has is NOT beach: it's rainy, cold, seaweed infested, muddy salt water :)

That being said, the sea life living in that frigid water is amazing. We found some good tide pools at Crytal Cove State Beach (PCH, between Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach). Other good ones I've heard about are Laguna Beach's Main Beach (PCH and Laguna Canyon Road), Little Corona Tide Pools (Corona Del Mar, corner of Ocean and Poppy off PCH), Treasure Island Beach (Wesley & PCH in Laguna Beach), Shaw’s Cove Tidepools (Cliff Drive & PCH in Laguna Beach), Heisler Park Reserve (Cliff Drive & PCH also in Laguna Beach), and Cresent Bay (intersection of Cliff Drive and North Coast Highway).

So bundle up like a sea captain and head out there!

Last edited:
Little Corona isn't too far and this time of year shouldn't be crowded. Be sure to check the tides, you don't want to miss anything due to high tide inaccessibility. pirate:

Thanks Mary C. We will be getting there about 2 pm and low tide is at 5:30 that day, so I am pretty excited. Appreciate the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter