Seeking a Recommendation - AKV 1 bd vs OKW 1 bd

ljandbucket

Earning My Ears
Looking for input from anyone that has been to both locations. I've stayed at AKV with a savanna view and really enjoyed that. I've not yet stayed at OKW so don't have much perspective on the quality of the rooms or other pros cons. Appreciate the insight.

I like both but would rate AKV much higher than OKW. We loved the location and the setting of OKW but found the rooms very tired and not very clean

AKV 1 bedrooms have two bathrooms. OKW villas only have one. That may be a factor in your decision.

We would choose AKV Jambo House (any view) over OKW (or AKV Kidani).

OKW is the oldest DVC resort and it shows. That's not bad, just dated with very mature grounds and sometimes a musty room smell.

:earsboy: Bill

OKW 1 BR's are HUGE! Room and patio biggest onsite. I have enjoyed my stays there... I love Olivia's... Scenic grounds and boat to DTD, and walking/running path SSR.

Theming at AKL is nicer... Love BOMA!! Pools are nice.
Funny as I am typing this out I think OKW might win out for me because a huge CON for me with AKL is the lack of outside grounds.
Thanks
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter