Seeing The World for the 1st Time (again)-1st time PTR w/pics INPUT WELCOME

You have UG! - so go online and find the best parks/parks to avoid for each day and go with that to develop a schedule (you can always tweak it later) ... With a 6-year old, I wouldn't be too concerned about EMH. And you know what days the MVMCP are scheduled ... so that will also limit your park options ...
alas, I can not locate my UG right now. I've been looking for two days! I carried it everywhere and no it's nowhere (stomping foot like a 5 year old!)

Why not go for lunch instead of a late-breakfast? - then head back to POP for your afternoon break or ride the monorail a bit ... It will tough to leave the MK (i.e. drag Leon kicking and screaming from the most magical place in the world ... ) after only a couple hours, and if you head back to the MK, the crowds will be bigger in the afternoon ...

I hardly ever have breakfast - I mean a real breakfast with eggs and bacon and everything. And I love breakfast! Why don't I have it more often? .....well obviously because it tastes better when someone else cooks it!! I figure a late breakfast 11:15 will really be an early lunch. Ultimately the plan is eat a light breakfast in the room (or on the bus) go to MK for morning EMH for rope drop, hit a few must see rides take the Mono to Contemporary for Chef Mickey's. Shake some hands, twirl some napkins, sing Happy Birthday and then head back to the hotel for some pool time and a snooze. I also have TGM which I like because they divide the croud levels by morning and evening times. Still waaaay-ting for the calendar to come out!

I would keep your arrival day "simple" - get your feet wet, a good night's sleep, and then dive into WDW the next morning (early ...). If you're going to have a late night ( ... MVMCP), I would have an "easy" day and plan on sleeping in the following morning ...

I agree, I don't want a late night on arrival day however I am not so sure I am capable of keeping it simple. I've got plans, BIG plans!! (said in my best Cosmo Kramer voice - which is really bad actually). but more on that later.

So - give him a hearty beakfast in the room (of whatever you have left on your last day ...), toss him onto the pirate boat - and you and the DH go to breakfast ...
SOLD!!! - but where? Ron isn't going to be into Alice or Mary either.

Surprisingly good food at H&V ... We liked Mama Melrose's, too. The Characters were only OK - so you won't be missing much.
Good to know - that helps

The DW and I LOVE Boma!! - we planning on eating there at least twice on our trip. It's not as "exotic" as you may think and there's a pretty wide range of food selections ... And you want to check out the AKL ...

Hmmmmm... me thinks, me needs to re-think this.
Oops Gotta go, It's Family Fun Night at the school tonight.

How's it going? I don't think I'm doing so well here eating out a lot with the in laws while they were here but I'm trying to do better.
It's going slow but at least its going
Chef Mickey’s for Breakfast We loved it here last time. I'm considering going back. Even picky Corbin would eat here! Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House We're planning on eating here-I think I have an 8:10 ADR. We're hoping to finish by 9 to get right to the safaris since I think they're very close to each other!!
I have to discus it with Ron bt I may squeeze a second one out of him

Biergarten Isn't this the place where you sit with strangers? I don't know if I could do that with my boys. I *never* know what's going to come out of their mouth next!
:rotfl2: :scared1: :scared1: I should really be worried for the other guests
Sci-fi Dine-in This looks cool and we want to try this one too!!
Ron and I loved it and I know Leon will too. But I am going to skip this

We're doing the Coral Reef with a diver who will have a sign for Corbin and Daddy (and hopefully Carter on the next trip!)
That is really cool! How much does that cost.

Sounds like we could almost be going on the same trip!!
We SHOULD be going on the same trip! :dance3:

I'm going to work on my new ADRs this afternoon-Gram gave us the 100% last night that she's in so now I'm here for another 20 minutes then home to change the ADRs. :scared:
Goodluck

Hi, My name is Jill, …and I am a list maker.

I love :lovestruc making lists. I have made; lists of lists, to do lists, wish lists, packing lists, chore lists, grocery lists, etc. You name it, I’ve listed it. I have even made lists of things I have already done, just so I could cross it off.
My favorite types of lists are Wish Lists. Wishcentral.com is my favorite place for this. I have opened up 4 accounts there for my various wish list needs. 1 for me, 1 for Ron, and 1 for Leon, the last one is a wish list for the rest of my family and friends; I maintain all 4 of these lists myself. Whenever I see the perfect gift for someone online or even in a store I bring it up on the computer and link it with a photo to the applicable list. Some people hate the idea of a wish list, but I love it. I just love finding the absolute perfect gift for people, I put a lot into it and this helps me keep it all straight.
My second favorite list is my to-do/chore list. Shocking I know. I am actually allergic to any type of housework: dishes, dusting, sweeping, mopping, laundry, IRONING, you name it, so quite often it gets put off. I suffer from CHAOS (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome).:confused:

So the list gets quite large. It is actually a permanent list in a word doc that I edit as needed. When I, I mean we decide to buckle down and get things done we blast the music and dig in to the list, there is a lot of satisfaction in having everything crossed off at the end of the day. Another plus to this list is Ron will often just pull it up and try to get stuff done without me – BONUS!!!!:cheer2:
This next post will be dedicated to my NEW favorite lists; my Disney planning lists. I plan to come back to edit the post often, adding and crossing out things as I go.

** Next installment - #44 My Disney Planning Lists - Lists, lists, & more lists

This particular post will be dedicated to my NEW favorite lists; My Disney Planning Lists. I plan to come back to edit this post often, adding and crossing out things as I go.
If it's in PINK, it's DONE. If its BLUE, it's started but not finished. If it's BLACK I have not started yet.

Disney To Do List: (updated version of post# 3 list)​
  • Read everything I can find on WDW. (UG, Birnbaums, Passporter, etc) - DONE
  • Search every website I can find for Disney info. (Mousesavers, AllEars, The Dis, etc.)
  • Decide on dates
  • Book Hotel
  • Find Airfare and Book it
  • Check out Dining options, menus, and prices
  • Make ADRs on June 2
  • Research Park Tickets
  • Buy Park Tickets – AP’s
  • Buy MVMCP tix
  • Collect items for special Birthday Basket from Mickey to Leon
  • Put Birthday Basket together for easy set up at resort
  • Mapquest directions for first day
  • Make printouts for Disney Binder (ressies for air, hotel, car, ADRs, etc.)
  • Print out address labels for postcards
  • Order Discounted Advance Purchase Photopass CD
  • Decide which date and which resort to do the photo shoot at
  • Book Photo shoot the week of Nov 1
  • Check UG and TGM for crowd levels
  • Make Cool Dude res
  • Make Pirate Cruise res
  • Research Holiday Activities
  • Make a daily itinerary
  • Make a list of what to bring
  • Make a list of Groceries
  • Make a list of other items to buy
  • Make DISigns list

Packing List
  • PJs
  • Matching T-shirts (from Creative DISigns, Matcheez.com , Ebay )
  • Shorts
  • Long pants
  • Under things
  • Socks
  • Swimsuits
  • Walking shoes
  • Sandals
  • Pool Shoes (Crocs for Leon and me)
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Soap
  • Deoderant
  • Face wipes
  • Sunblock
  • Aloe
  • Insect repellant wipes
  • Baby powder
  • Brush
  • Hairbands
  • Hats
  • Skull caps
  • Sunglasses
  • Swim goggles
  • Feminine products
  • First aide kit (bandaids, Neosporen, Pepto, Advil, etc)
  • Eye drops
  • Anti itch gel
  • Tylenol PM
  • Sea bands
  • Fanny pack?
  • Teddybear Blankets (for Leon and I - they are like buuuttteerrr)
  • Leons stuffed elephant
  • Pillows
  • Cells
  • Cameras
  • Camcorder
  • Leapster
  • Zune
  • Laptop
  • Powerstrip for chargers
  • Batteries
  • Flashlight
  • Spillproof kids cup
  • Cards
  • Mr. Potato Head heads
  • Drawing pad & crayons
  • Mister Fan
  • Super Shammy
  • Disney Binder
  • Ins. Cards
  • Med info
  • Guidebook
  • Coupons
  • AAA Card

Grocery List (Bring most from home, buy rest at Walmart)​
  • Cereal (1 Box or single serve size)
  • Milk
  • PB & J (either individual mini jars or Uncrustables)
  • Cold cuts
  • Bread
  • Grapes
  • Bananas
  • Milk
  • Juice boxes
  • Fresca
  • Water
  • Drink Drop ins
  • Tea
  • Yogurt
  • Mozzarella Sticks
  • Paper Plates
  • Paper cups (for drinks and cereal)
  • Plastic Cutlery
  • Ziplock Bags
  • Snacks
  • Mini fridge or cooler

Items to Buy (non-grocery)​
  • Hats
  • CoolMax Socks
  • Retractable Sharpie (for autographs)
  • Moleskins
  • Walking shoes
  • Chamois clothe
  • Earplugs (for Leon at the fireworks)
  • Chafing Cream
  • Aireborne
  • Children’s Benydryl
  • Thermacare
  • Pepto
  • Advil
  • Ponchos
  • Laundry detergent

Items I may or may not buy​

DISigns List​
  • Collect various DISigns to personalize for invitations, t-shirts, activity books, etc….
  • Decide which ones to use for what.
  • Order supplies for shirts and printouts
  • Print out invitations for ADRs to be left by Tink
  • Print out door magnets and signs to decorate hotel room
  • Print out envelopes for tips, ADRs, & Disney Dollars
  • Print out autograph pages
  • Print out activity book pages
  • Print out passport pages
  • Make Tie Dye shirts
  • Make a list of supplies:
  • T-shirts
  • Tie Dye
  • Rubber bands
  • Waxed Thread
  • Dark Transfer Paper
  • Card Stock Paper
  • Magnetic Printer Paper

Things to Do Once we get to WDW (besides the obvious)​
  • Get DDE
  • Decorate room for Leon’s Bday
  • Send a Postcard from Mickey Thanking Leon for visiting

** Next installment - #52 Happy Birthday to Leon, Happy Birthday to Leon, Happy Birthday to Yoooou - Birthday Surprises

Is it me or does Disney make everyone cry?
Yesterday I watched joelp's home video (link was in his PTR) and it brought tears to my eyes. All I can say is, I better not have a shift in hormones when I am in Disney, else I'll be balling throughout my entire stay.

My DW started on the ME bus when the video came one ... got something in her eyes again the next morning at the MK Welcoming Cermony ... still had "eye trouble" the following day at Epcot ...

but finally "adjusted" to her surroundings after 4 or 5 days ... :love:

I'll be prepared with lots of kleenex the next trip ... :rotfl:

I'm a list maniac, too - my Mom says I've been doing it since I was a kid ... and now the DD is starting (even though she can't write, yet!! :lmao:) - must be (good) genes ... :thumbsup2

BTW - a WDW list is never "done" ... it's a living, evolving, ever-changing creature ... :rotfl2: (that will suck every working brain cell out of your skull if you let it ... which actually isn't such a bad thing ... :laughing: )

I may put your packing list to use ... but a word of wisdom: we only used about half the clothes we brought to WDW for the DD (and she ended up in PJs only about 2 nights ...)

I'm a list maniac, too - my Mom says I've been doing it since I was a kid ... and now the DD is starting (even though she can't write, yet!! :lmao:) - must be (good) genes ... :thumbsup2

Ha ha - Leon too!! We are going to an air show at the beach this morn and Leon was up ay 6am and in our room with a paper and pencil asking "how do you spell shovel" ....6am grumble, grumble, grumble - he's lucky i didn't throw a shoe at him

BTW - a WDW list is never "done" ... it's a living, evolving, ever-changing creature ... :rotfl2: (that will suck every working brain cell out of your skull if you let it ... which actually isn't such a bad thing ... :laughing: )

Ha I like that - Don't Do Drugs, Do Disney! Nuttin Better Than A Disney High! That should be on a T-shirt or at least deserving of a visit from the tag fairy? Hello????? Anyone????

I may put your packing list to use ... but a word of wisdom: we only used about half the clothes we brought to WDW for the DD (and she ended up in PJs only about 2 nights ...)

Oh Poop! I forgot to put PJ's on the list! I hear you about the clothes but both my boys (DH is included in that) are Messy Marvins
(....remember Messy Marvin??? - I am dating myself here)
(Well I am not actually Dating, dating myself ,that would just be ackward, I am just showing my age)
(what's with all the parenthesis?)
(heck if I know..)

........Okay cut it out it's 8am and I barely got any sleep last night and I should be packing up for the beach right now. Okay now step awaaay from the computer....

but first go add PJ's to the list

Is it me or does Disney make everyone cry?
I know that everytime Leon experiance another Disney first (which will be several times a day) I'll have to wipe my eyes. I am misting up know as I write this. What IS IT about Disney and Mickey Mouse that brings me to tears??
All I can say is, I better not have a shift in hormones when I am in Disney, else I'll be balling throughout my entire stay. How do you explain to a 5 year old the Mickey Mouse just makes me cry.:upsidedow

This is so me. Sometimes DH looks at me and smiles and sometimes he just laughs at me! I'm sure I was the only person crying at AK rope drop in Feb but it was our first park, first trip, first everything. Corbin now asks "Mommy what tears are those?" :goodvibes He knows his Mommy is a little loopy and he's learning to deal with it.

Hi, My name is Jill, …and I am a list maker.

I love :lovestruc making lists. I have made; lists of lists, to do lists, wish lists, packing lists, chore lists, grocery lists, etc. You name it, I’ve listed it. I have even made lists of things I have already done, just so I could cross it off.
My favorite types of lists are Wish Lists. Wishcentral.com is my favorite place for this.
My second favorite list is my to-do/chore list. Shocking I know. I am actually allergic to any type of housework: dishes, dusting, sweeping, mopping, laundry, IRONING, you name it, so quite often it gets put off. I suffer from CHAOS (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome).:confused:

Another plus to this list is Ron will often just pull it up and try to get stuff done without me – BONUS!!!!:cheer2:

OMG this is so me! I have a list for everything! DH just shakes his head. Corbin's picking it up too...He's got his own paper and pen to make his lists! :rotfl: I need to try that website too! A little organization is always a good thing!!! I just wish my DH would figure out there's a list of things to do around the house and make an effort to cross something off it! I think I have the same allergies as well as the CHAOS! :lmao: [/QUOTE]

........Okay cut it out it's 8am and I barely got any sleep last night and I should be packing up for the beach right now. Okay now step awaaay from the computer....

but first go add PJ's to the list[/COLOR][/B]

I always forget one thing on my list and it's usually the pjs! Hope you had a good time at the beach!!

How was everyones weekend? We had a good time.
Saturday we went to watch the airshow on the beach. It was lots of fun. Leon ran around impersonating the planes.
Here is hiz best impression of a plane flying over a shovel:
IMGP6579.jpg

and this is him up close:
IMGP6600.jpg

He isisted I take this pic "sideways" because planes are always sideways.:rotfl:
He is such a ham!
On Sunday my mom took him to a fair. and then he slept over her house. We spent the day tearing the house apart sorting through what to sell at next weekends garage sale (Garage saleing for Disney :woohoo: ). That evening we went out for our Anniversary. Originally I wanted to go to The Melting Pot but after looking up their menu and prices I decided $100 on dinner for two was ridiculous. We ended up at Boulder Creek and then Indiana Jones popcorn:: (and then I did something I haven't done since I was a kid ...we snuck into a second movie:rolleyes1) we also saw Narnia. Both were really good. On sunday we put the house back together minus quite a few items :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: . Leon came home and we had family dinner.

How was everyones weekend? We had a good time.
Saturday we went to watch the airshow on the beach. It was lots of fun. Leon ran around impersonating the planes.
He isisted I take this pic "sideways" because planes are always sideways.:rotfl:
He is such a ham!
We spent the day tearing the house apart sorting through what to sell at next weekends garage sale (Garage saleing for Disney :woohoo: ). That evening we went out for our Anniversary. Originally I wanted to go to The Melting Pot but after looking up their menu and prices I decided $100 on dinner for two was ridiculous. We ended up at Boulder Creek and then Indiana Jones popcorn:: (and then I did something I haven't done since I was a kid ...we snuck into a second movie:rolleyes1) we also saw Narnia. Both were really good. On sunday we put the house back together minus quite a few items :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: . Leon came home and we had family dinner.

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!!! Love the pictures-he's too cute! We have a garage full of stuff for a garage sale and I'm leaving it up to DH if he's going to help with a garage sale or if we're going to donate it all and write it off on our taxes...

I can't believe you snuck into another movie! Shame on you! ;) Gald you had a good time!!

:rockband: Happy Birthday to Leon, Happy Birthday to Leon, Happy Birthday to Yoooou:cake:

By far one of the most fun things about planning this trip is planning the birthday surprises for Leon. I have so many things planned. Aside from having Mickey Mouse call him to wish him Happy Birthday, and getting him the birthday button – which hopefully will get him lot of attention, I would also like to order a cake to be delivered either to a restaurant or the room. Although I really don’t know if they will deliver to the Pop. I spent a lot of time trolling the Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread and I fell in love with the Mickey head cake. I just wish it weren’t so big. I know I can take the rest back to the room. But I will have lost tons of weight by then (hows that for positive thinking?) and I certainly do not need a cake staring me in the face for a week – plus it’s $45 :scared1:
I also plan on having the Birthday Fairy visit to decorate the room with a birthday banner, streamers, and some balloons. She has been visiting us since Leon’s 1st Birthday. Every year Leon wakes up on his birthday to a room full of balloons and a house decorated in whatever theme the birthday party is in. For his 1st birthday we had a Time Capsule theme, a Thomas theme for his 2nd and 3rd birthday with train tracks and everything, a Pixar CARS theme for his 4th and the best one yet - a Pirate theme last year for his 5th. I have no idea how I am going to top last years!!!! I tend to go a bit overboard when planning his parties (feel free to look at the links for pics) . I just love to plan parties, especially children’s parties. (Tooting my own horn here …people often tell me I should plan parties for a living – now if only I had the $$$ to start my own business)
When we told Leon that we finally decided when to go to WDW and that we would be going on his birthday. His only concern was whether or not he would get to have a birthday party. When we told him that we would be going to Disney instead, he said “never mind, we don’t have to go to Disney World” WHAAAT!!! :eek: Kids! They just don’t get it. So now we decided that we would have a small (ha ha ha ha, I said small:rotfl: ) party a month early around Halloween. So now he’s all right with going to Disney on his B’Day. Now we just have to come up with a theme. If I had my way it would be a come as your favorite Disney Character Costume Party….:chewy: ::MinnieMo pluto: :tinker: :ccat: :donald: :sulley: :tigger: :smickey:
I also have to figure out the birthday fairy thing – will she show up a whole month early to decorate for his party? Should she show up for both or should she keep the tradition alive by only showing up to decorate on his actual B’Day? Hmmmm. Gotta talks to that fairy!:tink:
I, I mean Mickey Mouse is planning to put together a special birthday basket for him. I have been having a blast picking up things here and there to put in it. Some items were free, some are garage sale finds, some are dollar store finds, and others are clearance items. Finding the bargains was the best part. I am taking my inspiration from a basket I found on DisneyFlorist.Com, it looks like this:

imageload.jpg

Okay, now ask me what’s in the basket, go ahead ask me, ask me.....

** Next installment - #53 A Tisket a Tasket a Great Big Birthday Basket....- More Birthday Surprises

Oh, okay if you insist - I'll tell you ..... no better than that, I'll show you:

Keep in mind, I did say that I tend to go a little over board with some things, soooo... I may have been a little over zealous with my purchases. Not all of these items will make it into the basket.

Okay, so here is one of the first things I purchased, a pair of Mickey Gloves for the outside decor from ebay for $15 including shipping:
IMGP6433.jpg

I will probably use a wrapped carton (that I can fold flat for transport) instead of a basket or bucket

Some Mickey Mouse swim goggles for the pool from a dollar store:
IMGP6448.jpg

A Light-up Mickey Spinner for the parades and fireworks that I got at a garage sale for 50 cents, yes you heard correctly, it was only 50 cents!
IMGP6412.jpg

Another 50 cent garage sale item was this Goofy hat:
IMGP6408.jpg

I don't know if I will add it or not though. It's a little big. I got it about a month ago, but I was still on the look out for a nice baseball cap to keep the sun out of his face. I had it in my head that I would get a personalized hat that said Birthday Boy on it. This way no one would miss it.

But then last week I found this for $15. I know, not on sale but it was too cute to pass up. The ears stick out from the cap:
IMGP6416.jpg

Here are some T-shirts I bought at the $5 Graphic Tee Sale at the Disney Store a week or two ago:
IMGP6421.jpg
I don't know if these will go in the basket

Or if these will:
IMGP6430.jpg

can you believe it I ordered these as soon as we decided to celebrate Leon's Bday at WDW and BEFORE I even knew about Alien green Mickey heads. (here's the back) :
IMGP6429.jpg

I found these at the Dollar spot in Target:
IMGP6413.jpg

These at Dollar Tree:
IMGP6427.jpg

IMGP6456.jpg

These stickers too, which I will use to decorate the M&M tubes filled with coins for the pressed penny machines:
IMGP6458.jpg

I will use these to decorate the box:
IMGP6462.jpg

And I was thinking of using these to make some handmade pins:
IMGP6466.jpg

Speaking of pins, I bought these from mouspinsonline.com for trading, back in March when they had a sale on grab bags; any amount of pins for $1.60 per piece.
IMGP6441.jpg

I also ordered these specific ones from mouspinsonline.com. We each get one to wear, we are a pirate family of course. Can you guess which one is mine? These will not go in the gift box from Mickey, these will be left for us by Tink or Captain Jack Sparrow:
IMGP6435.jpg

I have one more I bought specifically for Ron. This one was from the Disney Store - I had a 20% off coupon and he loves Nightmare Before Christmas (also a Tink/Capt Jack gift) :
IMGP6442.jpg

cont.....on next post

Here is something else I found at the Target Dollar Spot. I think I will use it to put notes from Tink or Capt. Jack or maybe the restaurant invites I plan on printing out from Natalie's Bag of Tricks....Invitations thread:
IMGP6447.jpg

And while we are on the pirate theme, how is this for a GREAT deal? I got this nifty backpack for his autographbook and water bottle, on clearance from Target for $2.39:
IMGP6454.jpg

This was on clearance at the Disney Store for $1.99:
IMGP6411.jpg

I got this for FREE off of craigslist.com - Gotta LOVE Craigslist!
IMGP6424.jpg

I was going to get Leon a throw-away camera because he loves taking pictures (just like his mommy), and then I found this underwater digital camera ....drumroll please.... on Kaa-learence! for $12 at Target.

IMGP6449.jpg

I don't know how good the pix will come out but who cares, he's five.
IMGP6451.jpg

Oy! So much stuff... here is the rest of it:
IMGP6444.jpg

IMGP6456.jpg

IMGP6457.jpg

IMGP6461.jpg

IMGP6467.jpg

IMGP6423.jpg

Well that's all of it! Or is it?popcorn::

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!!! Love the pictures-he's too cute! We have a garage full of stuff for a garage sale and I'm leaving it up to DH if he's going to help with a garage sale or if we're going to donate it all and write it off on our taxes...

I can't believe you snuck into another movie! Shame on you! ;) Gald you had a good time!!

My girlfriends and I get together at one house and do a yard sale once a year. We are pros at it by now. The best part is we sit around drinking sangria or whatever while we hang out and people watch and make money (for Disney pixiedust: )

yeah i am a movie sneaker-into-er:bitelip:

Great basket items! I'm making a gradutation basket for my niece and love finding stuff to put in it. It's not as fun as a Disney basket though. He'll love it!:yay:

Love the basket items! You've done an awesome job!! I wish we had a Disney store closer. I'm going to have to check into our old one in MI to see if that's closing or not. If not, I'll have to hit it up for the deals when we go back this summer.

Too funny....DH's friends and family have been telling me for a while that I should plan parties or become a professional photog. I personally don't think I'm good enough at either but love doing both!

Love the deals and can't wait to hear more!! :cool1:

Have a magical day!

Catching up here!

I am right with you and the lists! My dh thinks I'm a nut, but it's something I have to do!

I had one of those goofy hats from when I was little. My dad bought it for me on our trip.

What a fun mom you are! The parties look great! And all of those goodies you've been picking up are great too.

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter