Seeing Cars before Cars Land

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by kermit116, Apr 1, 2013.

1. kermit116

kermit116 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

I have never seem the movie "Cars" - is it a "must do" prior to our upcoming visit to DLR & DCA, or will I still appreciate all the theming even without seeing the movie?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

You make a good point, and I think the answer is probably. We haven’t seen any of the Cars movies, and thought Carsland in DCA was boring. We only stayed for five minutes or so, and had no idea what the hype was about

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

I would suggest seeing the movie....just helps you enjoy Carsland more IMHO.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

There's no doubt that you'll enjoy the theming even if you haven't seen Cars. But I think it makes you appreciate more how much effort went into creating Carsland if you have seen the movie. :car:

6. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I wasn't a big Cars fan, but made sure to watch it again before visiting Cars Land. I think you'll get the "wow factor" more if you do so. This was definitely the case for me.

7. jpeka65844

jpeka65844 DIS Veteran

It literally feels like you stepped into the movie. For that reason, it might be a good idea to watch it first.

I loved Carsland. It's one of those places you can spend hours looking at all the details.

Nightime was my favorite. I think they should do a little ceremony though when they light it and play the Sh-Boom song.

I watched a few minutes of the movie a few days ago and found myself saying "ok, now down around the corner is RSR!!"

8. 786boxer

786boxer Earning My Ears

You have to watch the movie

9. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

I believe they do do that. When I was there and the lights came on, they played Sh-Boom. I saw a couple bebopping as they strolled along, in time to the music. It was so cute.

10. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

I believe they do do that. When I was there and the lights came on, they played Sh-Boom. I saw a couple bebopping as they strolled along, in time to the music. It was so cute.

11. SA mom

SA mom DIS Veteran

Watch the movie. You won't understand how clever it is without watching the movie.