See what a little Wishin' can do? A very ENGAGING January 2015 trip! *COMPLETED 10/9*

Minimal wait for Test Track and Soarin' ... so awesome!! That is the best way to start an Epcot day!

I love Joe's reaction to the Beverly ... I laughed when I watched that video!

I'm kinda entertained by your reaction to Labatt. In my world Labatt is basically synonymous with Canadian beer ... so while I think it's great that the sell some beers that aren't so readily available, I can't imagine a Canadian beer cart without Labatt... (well, that or maybe Molson)

Sorry to hear about the wine tragedy. I love me some red wine, but that's why I mostly drink white - less visible damage when you spill it!

Thanks for sharing another great update! I hope you guys had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

I LOVE lots of comments!

Holy crude nuggets might be my new favorite expression :rotfl: Talking Mickey IS seriously the coolest thing! It's so crazy. I read recently that he can speak Spanish too...whaaat!

Oooo...BO + Disney...it's one of those things you know to expect but is NEVER fun...especially during a show about wishes...your wish probably ends up having something to do with the disappearance of BO which just isn't very magical.

If you can dream it you can do it right?! Galactic Hero, here you come! I have faith!

You feel free to use HOLY CRUDE NUGGETS whenever you please. I give it freely to you and the world!! LOL. I would love to hear Spanish Mickey. I do a pretty good English Mickey and even though I don't speak Japanese I can do a Japanese Mickey impression. Yeah, I just tooted my own horn right there.
That darn Florida heat and Humidity... it really messes with BO!! I was happy when Wishes was over ( that was the only time). Some people just need to layer up on the Deodorant. I'm just saying.
Thank you for the faith in my Buzz. It will be mine!!! (insert the opposite of evil laugh here... heroic laugh)

Just stumbled upon your trip report this weekend and am really enjoying it!! Too much to comment on but I will say:

a BIG CONGRATS on your engagement!!

My artistic talents are like yours and we are just fine

Jalapeño cheese pretzels are one of my favoite snacks at disney. So freaking good

You know I always thought nose bridges were really overrated! :laughing:

I think you did a good job!

I get so jealous of people who can draw! I cannot draw AT ALL! Maybe its a good thing the closed the Animation classes cause now no one has to see my stickman Elsa!
:rotfl:

That is such a cute picture! :goodvibes

MTE regarding nose bridges:rotfl:

SAME WITH ME! I've always wished I could draw well...mostly so I could try to be a Disney animator, who are we kidding? I am so with you on stickman Elsa:laughing:

I am drooling over your cupcakes in HS.. Gahh. I need to try the Butterfinger! I feel like you guys got so much accomplished on your HS day. As much as I hate that there's not a ton to do there right now, I'm determined to stay past our usual 1 PM next time lol.

I'm not too picky of an eater but the Sci Fi meal just sounds so bad! Sorry it was awful, that's the worst.

I agree with you on the un-magical CMs. It happens like you said, not everyone can have a great day. But it's kinda like an "aww man" feeling when a CM isn't super magical and friendly.

Laughing at your Labatt mishap.. :rotfl: Being so close to Canada in northern PA (well, kind of..) Labatt is frequent around here and it's just another Bud, Miller, Coors to me. So exotic! I guess it must be for some. ;)

And that ice cream sandwich sounds delicious, holy cow. I had the salted caramel ice cream from there last time and it was god awful, tasted like burnt caramel. Might need to try the ice cream sandwich next time.:thumbsup2

DEFINITELY try the Butterfinger! I cannot wait to get those cupcakes again, oh my. We actually did get a lot accomplished this day! There'll be even less to do next trip so we'll see if the 1pm exit time is necessary this time around...:(

There is no getting around how bad that Sci-Fi meal was. I was going to try to kind of sugar coat it but...it honestly just wasn't even possible.

You totally get that "aww man" feeling with unmagical CMs. I mean, if I'm at Cedar Point or Six Flags and someone gives me 'tude it's whatever but in Disney it especially sucks just because you expect so much more!

The Labatt thing is still embarrassing to think about:rolleyes1 Haha you really do forget that not everyone has easy access to it!

That is such a bummer about the salted caramel! I'd be so sad - that's my favorite flavor!!

Minimal wait for Test Track and Soarin' ... so awesome!! That is the best way to start an Epcot day!

I love Joe's reaction to the Beverly ... I laughed when I watched that video!

I'm kinda entertained by your reaction to Labatt. In my world Labatt is basically synonymous with Canadian beer ... so while I think it's great that the sell some beers that aren't so readily available, I can't imagine a Canadian beer cart without Labatt... (well, that or maybe Molson)

Sorry to hear about the wine tragedy. I love me some red wine, but that's why I mostly drink white - less visible damage when you spill it!

Thanks for sharing another great update! I hope you guys had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

It really is the best way to start an Epcot day! I forgot that during the summer and holidays it isn't that easy to get multiple rides on the two big ones in Epcot.

Joe's reaction to Beverly was classic...I was so disappointed he didn't have more of a reaction but then...:rotfl:

Molson is Joe's go to beer when we're at Red Wings games!

You feel free to use HOLY CRUDE NUGGETS whenever you please. I give it freely to you and the world!! LOL. I would love to hear Spanish Mickey. I do a pretty good English Mickey and even though I don't speak Japanese I can do a Japanese Mickey impression. Yeah, I just tooted my own horn right there.
That darn Florida heat and Humidity... it really messes with BO!! I was happy when Wishes was over ( that was the only time). Some people just need to layer up on the Deodorant. I'm just saying.
Thank you for the faith in my Buzz. It will be mine!!! (insert the opposite of evil laugh here... heroic laugh)

I'm so glad holy crude nuggets isn't trademarked! It's the little things in life.

I think we might need video evidence of this Japanese Mickey...

I also might need a video of a heroic laugh...:rotfl:!

Just stumbled upon your trip report this weekend and am really enjoying it!! Too much to comment on but I will say:

a BIG CONGRATS on your engagement!!

My artistic talents are like yours and we are just fine

Jalapeño cheese pretzels are one of my favoite snacks at disney. So freaking good

YAY I'm so glad you're reading :goodvibes!!! Thank you so much for the congrats :)!!

I'm glad I'm not alone in my lack of artistic skills...they're pretty bad. At least the drawings come out entertaining...just not in the way you'd hope:laughing:.

Another jalapeno cheese pretzel lover! Those are my absolutely FAVS! I honestly think about them at least once per day...don't tell anyone that.:blush:

January 14, 2015 - Future So Bright

I really need to get finishing this! The countdown is ON. Well, let me not act like I haven't been counting down the days til our next trip since we booked it six months ago. But it really is the FINAL COUNTDOWN (duh nuh nuh nuh). One week from right now we'll be at AKL hopefully eating too many club level snacks. :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

We last left off at the Boulangerie in France! We had some FPs to use back in Future World so we decided to take the lazy route and hop on a Friendship boat. We used our Soarin FP and then had a Spaceship Earth FP to use next. There are many great things about Spaceship Earth but one is, of course, the ability to peak into your future. And now the dining room proudly presents...our future.

IMG_6066.JPG

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6070.JPG

It's lookin' bright, guys.

Since we really didn't need our FP anyway, we hopped right back in the SB line of Spaceship Earth.

And since we didn't get a clear enough picture of our future last time...

IMG_6088.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

And look, everyone even knows where these two people with such exciting futures are from -

IMG_6090.JPG

future.jpg

So bright.

Next we had...dun dun dun...Mission: Space FPs to use. Now, I'm normally a big baby when it comes to rides and I always love to pride myself on the fact that I ride EVERYTHING in Disney World (because, ya know, thrill seekers and coaster enthusiasts probably have WDW as #1 on their list). Everything except...Mission: Space. I HAVE ridden it before though! This trip I was really set on not riding it. Small spaces + me = a bad time. Joe, however, loves all the rides. RIDE ALL THE THINGS might be his motto when it comes to these situations. He also would 100% go to space if given the opportunity. Me? I don't really ever want to fly again in my life and anything past two feet in the air is just not for me. You could call me cautious. Or a wimp.

So, needless to say, when it came to Mission: Space Joe was very excited to ride and I KNEW he was going to try to get me on it...

Well, the first time around there was no way I was doing it. I think I might have said something along the lines of "you ride it, tell me how it is, and maybe I'll do it if you say it's okay." Like he wasn't going to say it was okay. I was secretly hoping that motion sickness that crept up on him on Star Tours might show its face again. Not because I wanted Joe sick but for selfish reasons like I don't want to ride a ride that has 14,675 warnings about how NOBODY SHOULD RIDE. I decided to go through the line with him and they still made me use my FP. Not that I cared a bit about this FP going to waste. We both got orange cards well past the line to even get inside. So, we were still outside and they wouldn't let me return my card even though I "decided" I didn't want to ride. They made me follow the line inside and wait in it. Then I had to go inside the pre-loading area where everyone is loading into their ride vehicles. I had serious anxiety even waiting there! I just wanted to be outside and away from this ride. Call me a wimp. It's okay. I'm used to it.

Finally, when it was everyone's turn to load they released me into the wild. THANKS.

After Joe rode, of course I got the "it's really not bad, it's so cool, I love it, omg I'm gunna make you ride this and feel guilty about not riding it with me because I'm a mean person" spiel from Joe. So, what did I do? I did it. And I had an actual mini panic attack the entire time. LISTEN TO THOSE WARNINGS. I would rather eat ribs at Sci-Fi for every meal for the rest of my life than do this again...:eek::eek::eek:

In my notes I have "anxiety", "I really hate Mission: Space" and "ugh" written so...

forest.jpg

Why didn't Spaceship Earth warn me about this when they were telling me my future?

Moving on.

We had an hour or so to kill before our dinner ADR which was somewhere I had never eaten and one of the places I was most looking forward to!

I'll give you a hint...

when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...

I know, I know, it's hard to figure out from that but be patient young grasshopper, we'll get there.

We walked around World Showcase for a bit and I took this picture in Germany

IMG_6091.JPG

And then we headed towards Japan and explored the shop pretty thoroughly. There's just so much to look at in there. We watched pick-a-pearl for awhile and I remember it being much more crowded now in the evening than when we had done it a previous day much earlier in the afternoon.

IMG_6092.JPG

Last edited:
January 14, 2015 - When The Moon Hits Our Eyes Like A Big Pizza Pie

And then at 6:40 it was time to check in to that hard to guess restaurant.

DSC09112.JPG

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Joe and I are pizza crazy. I wouldn't call us pizza snobs but...

wait, yes I would.

We.absolutely.LOVED.Via Napoli!!!

We each got our own pizza - I got the Picante: tomato sauce, Italian spicy sausage, and mozzarella

IMG_6095.JPG

And I think Joe just got a pepperoni - I may have stopped taking pictures of his food at this point for fear of judgement.

They brought us out a little "congratulations" dessert for being just engaged.

IMG_6096.JPG

But we also each got the Coppa Bruti Ma Buoni: “Ugly But Good” Amarena cherry & vanilla gelato sundae.

IMG_6097.JPG

This. This took the cake. Or ice cream? We talk about this dessert a LOT when we're playing "if you could be eating anything in Disney right now, what would it be?" This is definitely a top contender.

This meal was fantastic. For this next trip (!!!) we're doing Food & Wine for the first time and a lot of what I read said not to make a dinner ADR during Food & Wine since you'll be eating so much at the booths. I followed that advice for the first day but I knew we couldn't stay away all trip so we'll be back in just about two weeks! Can't WAIT!

Since we kind of skipped Illuminations last time since we were dead, we had to see it tonight. We found a spot by the friendship boat launch on the Canada side at about 8:15 and I was finally able to try WDW popcorn for the first time. And let me tell you, I don't know what they put in that stuff but it is SO GOOD!

IMG_6098.JPG

Since my camera is from 1989, I didn't take any pictures. I might have also started to get pictured out at this point.

I will say that we both really loved Illuminations. I don't remember really caring for it one way or another but I really enjoyed it this time and Joe loved it too!

We headed towards the bus stop after Illuminations.

And at some point we posed with a car. I have no idea.

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

:confused::confused::confused:

alrighty.jpg

The line back to Pop was pretty long so we decided to hop on the next AoA bus since the line was much shorter and just walk over to Pop. We did this a couple times and it worked out great!

Joe was talking to one of his friends on the phone this night and was raving about Disney World:hug::cheer2::love: I picked a good one. He was even talking about planning a guys trip:laughing: I'd love to see that.

That wraps up DAY ELEVEN! Wow. One more day to go...:sad2::sad1::sad::sad2::sad1::sad:

But only FIVE til we leave for our next trip:worship::lovestruc:thumbsup2:cheer2::banana:party:!!!!!!!

Til next time:goodvibes!

Last edited:
I'm so glad holy crude nuggets isn't trademarked! It's the little things in life.

I think we might need video evidence of this Japanese Mickey...

I also might need a video of a heroic laugh...:rotfl:!
I am all for it. Of course I am basing my Japanese Mickey off of a parade soundtrack from an old Tokyo Disney parade. Soooo, I am not sure if it is current and up to date.
Yeah, heroic laughs are pretty awesome and deserve to be documented. So many times we hear these "evil" or "maniacal" laughs. Holy crude nuggets, We need more heroic laughs in this world LOL.

Hey Candance!!! I haven't been here in awhile but I'm all caught up with your almost done TR!!!
But first? We had to do some dancing at the bus stop. Naturally.
Dancing in Disney is a must!

And of course, Joe had to point out - for the 16,783rd time - that he was a Galactic Hero.

We headed right to RnRC and were met with simply ridiculous crowds.

dsc09029-jpg.120267
I NEED to come at this time of year, it's awesome how you have no crowds! :cool1:
:lovestruc LOVE.

We got the Butterfinger cupcake and the Red Velvet cupcake. I must have only gotten a picture of one of them?

dsc09051-jpg.120287
YUM

Then he turned to me all excitedly and said the same thing - "I BUCKLED MYSELF IN ALL BY MYSELF!" and he was met with many high fives and "GOOD JOB!"s from me. Adorable.

This made my day reading this...how adorable! :goodvibes

Our next experience was...hm. It wasn't the greatest meal we've ever had. In fact, and I hate saying this at Disney but, it was one of the worst meals I've EVER had:o.

We take you now to...Sci-Fi DIE Inn.

dsc09060-jpg.120308

Aw gosh, sorry about the extra horrible meal here. I will remember that next time to NOT make a reservation here. The important part is you didn't let it put a dent in your awesome HS day!:thumbsup2
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fantasmic. It is RIGHT there behind Wishes. Nothing will ever and can ever replace Wishes for me (especially now!) but Fantasmic has a huge piece of my heart.
Same, it's such a wonderful and always magical show:goodvibes

We were getting a little hungry at this point so we stopped at Sunshine Seasons where Joe got an apple caramel pastry and I got a coffee. We found a table and just sat and relaxed for a few minutes. These are actually some of my favorite Disney moments. It's no secret I'm a type A planner and our Disney trips are often go go go. So I actually really enjoy those calm, relaxing, unplanned moments a lot and this was one of them!
Yup, these are the best moments:thumbsup2

This face says it all, the video was great too!!! :rotfl::thumbsup2

While in France, I had something on my HAVE TO GET list and France was where I could get it. The brioche ice cream sandwiches!

dsc09110-jpg.121609

So cute, Mickey!!! :goodvibes Looks delicious as well.
In my notes I have "anxiety", "I really hate Mission: Space" and "ugh" written so...
Yeah....I have only ridden the green "safe" side of this ride. It will take a lot of convincing for me to go on the more intense side...::yes::
We walked around World Showcase for a bit and I took this picture in Germany

img_6091-jpg.124367

This picture is absolutely gorgeous. You could blow it up, frame it, and put it on a wall in your home. Wow.:goodvibes

And then at 6:40 it was time to check in to that hard to guess restaurant.

dsc09112-jpg.124375

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Joe and I are pizza crazy. I wouldn't call us pizza snobs but...

This sounds awesome, I am looking forward to trying this the next time I am here!!!

You are leaving so soon!!!!! You and Joe must be getting super excited!! I love your halloween costume ideas for MNSSHP! and F&W sounds like a blast as well. I can't wait to hear all about your trip! :goodvibes

I am so with you on Mission: Space. Not good with the small spaces. I've never done it and I don't want to try. I'm very sorry to hear that Joe forced you to ride and I hope he's learned his lesson and won't force you to do it again (in less than a week!!!)

That car is very random ... I don't think I've ever seen a car randomly in Epcot. So okay then.

Can you believe you're going to be back at Disney in just a few very short days??? I'm so excited for you!

Just started reading your trip report and wanted to say congratulations on the engagement!

I'm so enjoying your trip report. I'm almost to the engagement but work is getting in the way so I'll have to wait until later to read how it all played out. I just wanted to say congratulations.

ETA~I just finished reading it through. What a fun trip! From someone who has to visit around school schedules January seems like the perfect month to visit Disney. I'll have to remember that. Anyway have fun on your next trip. Please post a link to that trip report when you start it.

Last edited:
Still following!! So happy for you!! Loving the TR and looking forward to the rest & your next one :jester: Enjoy!!

Well, here we are. Home. No magical welcome show when we're about to start our days. No dining plan when we go out to eat. MagicBands don't seem to work on our door.

:sad::sad1::sad2::sad::sad1::sad2:

I can't be too sad. We had a great trip! But man was it HOT!!! I started a new TR but I definitely will finish this one as well. If you'd like to read along on how this trip went you can here: http://disboards.com/threads/from-a...n-as-did-we-just-become-deluxe-snobs.3453568/

Hope to see you there :goodvibes!

I am all for it. Of course I am basing my Japanese Mickey off of a parade soundtrack from an old Tokyo Disney parade. Soooo, I am not sure if it is current and up to date.
Yeah, heroic laughs are pretty awesome and deserve to be documented. So many times we hear these "evil" or "maniacal" laughs. Holy crude nuggets, We need more heroic laughs in this world LOL.

I don't even think it matters if it's up to date and current:laughing: I'll take an outdated Japanese Mickey anyday!

Holy crude nuggets is right :rotfl: Bring on the heroic laugh!!!

Yahoo. 4 days count down is on!
'

I miss this countdown:sad:!!! What do they say, the best cure to Disney depression is to plan another trip...that's what they say right...?

Hey Candance!!! I haven't been here in awhile but I'm all caught up with your almost done TR!!!

Dancing in Disney is a must!

I NEED to come at this time of year, it's awesome how you have no crowds! :cool1:

:lovestruc LOVE.

YUM

This made my day reading this...how adorable! :goodvibes

Aw gosh, sorry about the extra horrible meal here. I will remember that next time to NOT make a reservation here. The important part is you didn't let it put a dent in your awesome HS day!:thumbsup2

Same, it's such a wonderful and always magical show:goodvibes

Yup, these are the best moments:thumbsup2

This face says it all, the video was great too!!! :rotfl::thumbsup2

So cute, Mickey!!! :goodvibes Looks delicious as well.

Yeah....I have only ridden the green "safe" side of this ride. It will take a lot of convincing for me to go on the more intense side...::yes::

This picture is absolutely gorgeous. You could blow it up, frame it, and put it on a wall in your home. Wow.:goodvibes

This sounds awesome, I am looking forward to trying this the next time I am here!!!

You are leaving so soon!!!!! You and Joe must be getting super excited!! I love your halloween costume ideas for MNSSHP! and F&W sounds like a blast as well. I can't wait to hear all about your trip! :goodvibes

HI! Yes, you definitely must visit in January! I remember thinking the weather was kind of crappy but throughout all of our September trip I was WISHING for that weather! And the weather was really the only downside to visiting in January so I think it's an extra-great time now!

That meal at Sci-Fi...yeah. We actually decided to try a new restaurant at HS this trip since we've been 0-2 so far (well Joe has been 0-2...he didn't like Sci-Fi or 50s...it goes without saying I didn't like Sci-Fi but I love 50s!). This trip we tried Mama Melrose...stay tuned to the new TR to see if we finally find our HS restaurant...spoiler alert: we didn't:sad2:).

I can barely even do the green side of Mission: Space! This trip Joe didn't even ask if I was riding with him; we kinda just walked to it, he handed me his stuff and went on in:rotfl:

MNSSHP was pretty neat! I'll write all about it in my TR but it was fun and a cool new experience! Food and Wine was awesome - I'd love to do it again!

I am so with you on Mission: Space. Not good with the small spaces. I've never done it and I don't want to try. I'm very sorry to hear that Joe forced you to ride and I hope he's learned his lesson and won't force you to do it again (in less than a week!!!)

That car is very random ... I don't think I've ever seen a car randomly in Epcot. So okay then.

Can you believe you're going to be back at Disney in just a few very short days??? I'm so excited for you!

I'm so glad you understand about Mission: Space. I honestly don't understand how people tolerate it! I wouldn't try it if you're like me and hate small, confined spaces. You're just totally stuck and it's pretty awful. Joe definitely learned his lesson - this trip as we walked past Mission: Space he just handed me his stuff and headed in. That's right, Joe!

Yeah I have no idea where those car pictures came from...:rotfl:

Just started reading your trip report and wanted to say congratulations on the engagement!

Oh YAY! Hello! And thank you for reading:goodvibes!!!

I'm so enjoying your trip report. I'm almost to the engagement but work is getting in the way so I'll have to wait until later to read how it all played out. I just wanted to say congratulations.

ETA~I just finished reading it through. What a fun trip! From someone who has to visit around school schedules January seems like the perfect month to visit Disney. I'll have to remember that. Anyway have fun on your next trip. Please post a link to that trip report when you start it.

Stupid work getting in the way of Disney. Don't you hate that? Happens to me all the time. But thank you :goodvibes It's a pretty fun story for us to relive!

January really is such a great time. I mentioned above in response to someone else but the one thing I didn't like about January was the weather. I was missing the hot, Florida weather. Well, this trip we just returned from made me rethink that completely. I will NEVER miss that Florida heat again after 110 degree days with 100% humidity! So now I think January is the PERFECT time to visit! The crowds were MUCH lower in January too. I was surprised how crowded it was in September!

I posted a link to the new TR above! We'll see how I do balancing two at the same time...:laughing:

Still following!! So happy for you!! Loving the TR and looking forward to the rest & your next one :jester: Enjoy!!

Yay, I didn't lose you:rotfl:!!

Thank you so much! New TR is posted above:thumbsup2!

January 15, 2015 - We've Got The Last Day Blues

Today we didn't plan a whole lot of anything. Maybe I was subconsciously anticipating us being bummed out since it was our last day. And bummed out we were. But we still had a whole day ahead of us so let's get to doin'! ...Oh Stacy.

We woke up around 9am. Since we still had a park day left on our tickets, we made the decision to end our trip with a bang in the MK! I hopped on My Disney Experience to snag us three FPs and it worked beautifully, even last minute. Almost everything was available except for SDMT, A&E, and Wishes. So I grabbed Buzz (of course, the obsession is real), Haunted Mansion, and Space. I have mostly positive feelings about FP+ and this experience supported those feelings.

We headed down to the food court at Pop for some breakfast. I got the bounty platter and Joe got some pancakes and Pop waffles. I have in my notes that the waffles were awesome and that sentiment rang true on our September trip too. The potato casserole that came with the bounty platter was AWESOME. I could've eaten just those for breakfast. Unfortunately the potatoes that came with my bounty platter at All-Star Sports this recent trip weren't quite the same.

I'm not really sure why, but we decided to head to Downtown Disney for a bit before we hit MK. I took a quick picture of our elaborately decorated window...

DSC09117-001.JPG

Haters gon' hate.

We arrived at Downtown Disney (can I still call it that since this was in January?) at 11:30. Even though we had just eaten, somehow we must have managed to find ourselves hungry as we ended up in front of Earl of Sandwich pursuing the menu. We were both shocked at the prices - and for once in Disney I mean that in a good way! It was very affordable. We didn't eat quite yet though.

Before we left for this trip, Joe had a little issue with the police...

He got pulled over for expired registration. What can I say, I'm engaged to a bad boy.

It was actually kind of a crappy situation though. He got pulled over initially and before he had a chance to address the ticket and prove he had his registration, another cop pulled him over in a different city and even after Joe explained the situation the officer STILL gave him ANOTHER ticket. It was pretty crappy and annoying that now he had to deal with TWO separate tickets.

So how the heck does this relate to this trip? I guess he had to call the district court to address these tickets before a certain day. So that was how we spent a little bit of our time in Downtown Disney. Well, Joe did anyway. I spent time taking pictures of my toenails.

DSC09119.JPG

After we got that issue figured out, we went into World of Disney to grab some souvenirs. I got a 2015 magnet, this keychain

mickey keychain.jpg

and this mug

when you wish mug.jpg

I felt it was fitting considering the little thang that happened during Wishes!

While we were shopping, we were talking about how much fun it would be to do a couples trip with some of our friends down to Disney. We still talk about it and it WILL happen one day!

At about 12:45 we headed back to Earl of Sandwich since that menu did a great job of making us want to have lunch there! I'd also heard great things about EoS and I'll just tell ya right now, it lived up! This place was great.

What wasn't great? Was the line to order:faint:

DSC09121.JPG

This place was popular! I ended up getting the Earl Club with a Coke and a vanilla bean cupcake.

DSC09123.JPG

It was really good and the cupcake wasn't your standard Disney cupcake. It was from some other bakery and was fantastic!

Apparently the cupcakes didn't fulfill our sugar needs since we found ourselves in Ghiradelli after lunch. We wanted to use a snack credit but were told we could use one only on things under $5 and that was pretty much nothing there except one scoop of ice cream. We were both kicking ourselves later for not just ponying up the $10 it would've been to get one of those amazing looking sundaes.

So instead we headed to Goofy's Candy Co. where we'd be able to use our snack credits. One thing they mentioned, and this may have changed with the new dining plan changes, was that you couldn't use your snack credits on pretzel rods (since you got three) and caramel apples. But we weren't in there for those things anyway! Rice Krispie treats it was!

I must've started to get lazy in the picture taking - no picture of those beautiful treats?!

We headed out of Downtown Disney and hopped on a bus to the Contemporary. Once at the Contemporary, we got on the monorail to go to MK but since it stopped at the GFlo first, we went in to explore there a little bit!

DSC09125.JPG

DSC09127.JPG

DSC09128.JPG

This place is just beautiful. Joe and I have veryyyyy briefly started just talking a little about DVC. Not anytime soon but I think it's something that's going to make sense for us in the future. Especially after our AKL stay in September...I don't know how you go back to values after staying deluxe.

After drooling over the beauty that is the GFlo, we headed to MK and arrived about 3pm.

Last edited:
January 15, 2015 - Squeezing Out The Last Of The Magic

We headed towards Tomorrowland to use our Buzz and Space FPs and, let's be honest, probably ride TTA.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7158734201.jpg

Typical. No Galactic Hero status this time:sad2:

And Space. I think I mentioned previously in this report that every time we rode Space this trip we were so confused. It was just pitch black. I couldn't remember there being stars and planets and stuff so we were both just kind of bewildered by the ride this trip. It wasn't until we got home and I read something about the stars "not working" during our trip and it finally made sense. In September when we rode Space, everything worked perfectly and we liked the ride a LOT more!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7158786794.jpg

Joe was just completely over the lack of stars.

And two of the loves of my life!

DSC09131.JPG

We went to the potties over in Tomorrowland after and as we were leaving a person told us congratulations after seeing our pins. When we went to say "thank you!" we noticed he was wearing a shirt with the logo of the company Joe worked for before his present job. It isn't a huge company so it was pretty crazy to see. We talked with him for a bit and then were off toward Adventureland!

As we were strolling that-a-way we were rehashing the trip and the "bad parts" came up. If you hadn't gathered in previous posts, of course those bad parts included Sci-Fi and Disney Quest. Joe also included 50s Prime Time but that would never enter on my bad parts list! Joe also said "I know one thing that was bad for you. You said 'yes'." :rotfl: Lies.

I made Joe take a couple engagement pics in the hub. Of me and the castle.

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

It's love.

Of course, once in Adventureland we had to get a Dole Whip. We ate it in this little alcove that had a few tables across from Swiss Family Treehouse right after Aloha Aisle. It was a really nice, serene area. Joe deemed this Dole Whip "just as good as the first one." While we were eating, more trip rehashing occurred. This has become a new favorite tradition - rehashing the trip. In September, after getting home on our last night Joe said "let's lay in bed and look through pictures and talk about the trip!" ...and then we both proceeded to fall asleep before that could ever happen. But the intention was there!

Anyway! While we were eating our "just as good as the first" Dole Whip we naturally starting discussing our favorite treats. We decided our favs were our California Grill desserts, Dole Whips, jalapeno cheese pretzels, and our Via Napoli dessert (which Joe may or may not have ate TWO of on our recent trip). Disney food...it's half the fun.

Aladdin's Magic Carpets, let's do this.

DSC09140.JPG
And let me creep on Joe while we're at it.

We should both be ashamed of that video.

We wanted to ride Haunted Mansion but what we REALLY wanted to do was find that darn wedding ring that is supposedly somewhere in the cement outside the ride. We tried googling and failed to find it. Stay tuned in our new TR to see if we were successful in finding it that trip!

DSC09147.JPG

We tried to ride IASW next but it was down and had been for about an hour and there was a pretty long line forming outside of it waiting for it to reopen. It was pretty funny actually - this huge line forming waiting for IASW of all rides to reopen. We can't really laugh too hard though...as we joined that line and waited right there with everyone:laughing:.

Finally it reopened! And thankfully all that waiting was worth it because...

IMG_6115.JPG

:cheer2::woohoo:

Last edited:
January 15, 2015 - Sadness In The MK

Some more IASW pics

IMG_6117.JPG

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

IMG_6122.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG

After IASW, we had to start heading out:sad1:. But it was for good reason. We had an Ohana ADR and it would be the first time for both of us!

On the way out, we had to stop in front of the spot where we got engaged and reminisce (is it considering 'reminiscing' if it's about just a few days ago?). And take a few pictures of course.

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_6125.JPG

IMG_6128.JPG

And a "please don't make us leave" picture :sad:

IMG_6130.JPG

And one to make us happy again

IMG_6133.JPG

Ugh, leaving is the worst. And leaving MK for the last time is really the worst. I'll admit it here but nowhere else...I definitely shed some tears. This was such a great trip and I hated seeing it come to an end. We had so much fun and of course had one of the biggest days of our lives on this trip! I knew we had lots of Disney trips in our future based on our much fun we had and what had happened on this trip made it such a special place for both of us. I was so thankful for everything that had happened on this trip and I knew we had a lot of wedding planning ahead of us but I was still just really sad that it was coming to an end:sad1:.

As we were heading towards the exit, we stopped in the glass shop and watched the guy blowing glass for awhile which was very cool to watch. Move It Shake It was also going on so that lifted our spirits temporarily. We had some snack credits left so we each got two things at the Confectionary.

Now it was really time to say goodbye to all our company...Joe was really cute and made up stop, turn around, and look at the castle to say goodbye:sad:. We stood there with our arms around each other, looking at the castle and at least one of us was probably crying. I remember telling Joe the Winnie the Pooh quote that goes something like "how lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"...and more tears. And then I said to Joe "well, at least we still have dinner together" and Joe paused and said..."and like the rest of our lives and stuff..." Oh yeah...that too...:rotfl:

I remember waiting for the monorail to go to the Poly and just being really really sad. First world problems.

Lots of people on the monorail were saying "congratulations" to us and one guy goes "did it just happen? On the monorail...?" And I said "well, I probably would've said 'no' if it did..." and we all had a good laugh which helped the sadness. A little.

Last edited:
January 15, 2015 - All Good Things Must Come To An End

At 6:40 we checked in for our Ohana ADR. Here we had our longest wait for a table, which I kind of knew to expect. But it still wasn't very long of a wait at all. We were laughing because we had just been talking about how we hadn't really waited for any of our ADRs and then of course at Ohana we have the longest wait of the trip.

DSC09159.JPG

Our buzzer finally went off and we were taken to a great table. We could see the castle perfectly and it was just perfect.

I didn't take many pictures of our food here - I think the sadness was really preventing me from wanting to do any of that - but it was all just amazing! Definitely one of my favorite meals of the trip. I wished we weren't doing it hours before we were leaving!

The potstickers were probably my favorite part. I asked our server if we could have a few more and then...

DSC09160.JPG

He brought us that and said "I don't play games." :laughing:

I don't know if you've gathered but we really like going back over our trip and talking about our favorite things, least favorite things, etc. So of course during dinner our conversation revolved around our favorite rides and shows of the trip. Joe's least favorite part of the trip he claimed? When they brought out all those potstickers:rotfl: He went on and on about how he thought it was such a waste of food and I got what he was saying but I still thought it was funny.

They piped in Wishes and our last Wishes experience began. It was so great. I ended up being glad we ended with this meal - we both said we were thankful we didn't end it with Sci-Fi:laughing:. It was a great experience and definitely one of our favorites. We did learn a lesson here - there is a STRATEGY to eating at Ohana. You really have to pace yourself!

And of course we got to finish with this little beauty.

IMG_6134.JPG

It was fantastic but I still think the bread pudding at Raglan Road wins.

We started talking about our favorite restaurants and decided our favs were Ohana, Raglan Road, BOG, California Grill, and Via Napoli. We repeated every one of those in September! Our favorite QS were BOG, Tangierine Cafe, Sunshine Seasons, Earl of Sandwich, and ... Pizza Planet. I LOVE IT for some reason!

We also were talking about how nothing really went wrong on this trip. Everything went really smoothly. Joe said "well, you said 'yes', that went off without a hitch...that had a lot of room for error." :rotfl:

And that's the last note I have for this trip. :sad2::sad1::sad:

We had SUCH a fantastic trip. I'm actually getting sad that this TR is coming to an end! Everything went so perfectly on this trip. January was such a great time to come and while I complained a few times about missing the hot Florida weather, I will NEVER complain about that again after visiting in September! Aside from everything going so perfectly and having such a great time we kind of, ya know, GOT ENGAGED during this trip so it will always always hold such a special place in our hearts. We had mostly great meals (cough couch Sci-Fi) and mostly wonderful experiences (cough cough Disney Quest). I feel like this trip also really jumpstarted a mutual love for all things Disney that we could share forever! Which made me SO happy. I mean, Joe probably knew that he kind of had no choice but to love Disney but I could tell he genuinely had a great time and was so into all of it. In fact, he was the one who pushed us to book our September trip! I am so thankful for this trip for so many reasons. And I am so thankful that all of YOU stuck around to read about it! That means so much to me. While I'm sad this TR is coming to a close, I'm excited because it means I can focus on a NEW one!

Welp, that should do it. See ya REAL soon and THANK YOU to every one of you for reading, commenting, and adding so much to this TR:goodvibes!!!

See what a little wishin' can do?!:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Last edited:
I remember telling Joe the Winnie the Pooh quote that goes something like "how lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"...and more tears. And then I said to Joe "well, at least we still have dinner together" and Joe paused and said..."and like the rest of our lives and stuff..." Oh yeah...that too...:rotfl:
Everything went really smoothly. Joe said "well, you said 'yes', that went off without a hitch...that had a lot of room for error."
I have to be honest... you guys are awesome. Keep it up!! I am so happy I stumbled on to your TR. I genuinely enjoyed reading it. Leaving MK and WDW is never easy. I can't imagine ending a TR about a great trip is any less easy. Both deserve a few tears or sighs (cause we guys don't cry, sniff sniff:sad:). I look forward to your next TR and all your crazy September adventures. Let the good times roll and see ya real soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter