See what a little Wishin' can do? A very ENGAGING January 2015 trip! *COMPLETED 10/9*

Wait times are tricky, but it's always a good day when you get to have the wait time card.

I'm actually not about the Ballroom but I'm glad you were so happy to be seated there, it is beautiful inside BOG for sure.

"First bite kinda tastes like Lysol but then it's good" :laughing: Joe is doing desserts wrong.

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest story ever. And hey, as long as you said yes in the end it doesn't matter that you were a bit thrown at first ;)

That is a beautiful ring too. So Congratulations!

Congratulations! What a sweet engagement story. Gave me goosebumps! Wishing you many happy (Disney) years ahead!

Congratulations on your engagement!Candace, you know the second best day of my life was? I got married at WDW in April 19 yrs ago at the Polynesianresort Disneymade it a very Magical day. We go to WDW every year to celebrate our anniversary and Disney has always filled our trip with lots of pixie dust and Magical Moments. Just like you I had to work hard to get my DH to love Disney like I do and now its the only place he wants to go. Like us , you and Joe will have lots of great memories of your Magical moment when he proposed.

OH MY WORD!!! THAT IS FREAKEN FANTASTIC!!! AWE-SOME!! He's got some slick moves!! I am very happy for you two. It is one of the best feelings to this point in your life knowing that you belong to someone who loves you without end. That is how I felt when my wife said yes. Every day after has been wonderful. You are both very lucky! CONGRATS!

I am so enjoying your TR....we, (my granddaughter and her SO) are planning a trip in Jan of 2016 and I hope we find the lines and crowds as you did!!!! Am hoping for the same outcome of your trip!!!! Congrats!!!

Oh you will LOVE January!!! It's such a great time. Christmas decorations are still up, at least in the beginning of the month (if you're one of those people who isn't ready for the holidays to be over by the time they are! haha), weather is nice, crowds are low, good promotions...it's great!

Michigander here joining the party late. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYY!!! GO GREEN!!!!! I like you already ::yes::!!

And now I'm blubbering at work.... :rotfl: What an AWESOME proposal!!!! Love the Facebook post-- that pic of you two in front of the castle is just perfect! Can't wait to read more!

Ohmygosh THANK YOU so much!!! I'm still not even close to over it. It was definitely the most magical moment of my life!!!

LOVE your engagement story!! So awesome and such an experience that you will never forget. So amazing that he rode around all day with the ring...I would have been so nervous!!! What an amazing guy you have!! And a perfect whole day before it...your dinner sounds so yummy and the atmosphere was perfect too!! We wend to BOG for lunch only - couldn't get in for dinner. But loved it too.

You asked how old my DD was (the one that wouldn't go on 7DMT...) yeah...she's....9 lol. You probably expected me to say 5 or something lol. She does not like fast rides. She likes the teacups and spinny rides...but wouldn't go on Splash or any of the mountains for that matter. So I wasn't surprised when she bailed on 7DMT...BUT...at least we didn't wait in line for it first lol. She decided before getting in line. I HAVE been that person to wait in line though and have a kid bail after...but thankfully never the type of lines you see at 7DMT!!!

Congrats again on your engagement and am very happy for you that the day turned out so well!!

THANK YOU so much!!! I will definitely never ever forget that experience! I couldn't believe he had the ring on him all day - I couldn't have done it! He is definitely an amazing guy :goodvibes

Hey, at 9 I was completely terrified of roller coasters so I get it! That feeling you get in your stomach when you drop is something to get used to for sure. BUT I will say if there is going to be a "first" roller coaster, 7DMT is a good one! It honestly feels like a fast train with some little hills.

Just joined in. Congratulations on graduating and getting engaged!

THANKS!!! It's been quite a year so far!

I am DYING at your story Candace!!! I love it!!! Omg. We got engaged in September in the Plaza Rose Garden, and my phone was also at like 5%, haha. Seriously great to just have that us time though :) I can't wait to read more about your trip.. Amazing start!

I swear I remember reading that TR but now I can't find it!

CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!! Ahhh to me there is no better place to get engaged! We definitely picked some good ones::yes::

I enjoy Frozen as well, but I'm still not on board with Frozen taking over the Castle Lighting. I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's Cinderella's castle, NOT CinderElsa.

Wishes... Is... Disney!! Period.

Oh Candace, :sad1: :sad:, what a memory. I can't even imagine what was going through Joe's head knowing this was coming and just being too unable to focus on anything else... even Wishes. You know it's a big deal when Wishes can't distract you. To propose, in Disney, DURING WISHES!!!! Absolutely perfect. Well done Joe. Well done. :worship:

I do have to agree with you on that. Cinderella>Cinderelsa. I had never seen the Castle Lighting before this trip so I had nothing to compare it too so maybe that softened the Elsa takeover a little bit.

AH THANK YOU! Wishes IS Disney. I'm pretty sure I could go and just watch Wishes over and over...and go to Via Napoli...and Be Our Guest...and ride Splash...

It is the greatest memory!!! One of the most special moments of my life by far! And you are so right, it is a big deal when Wishes doesn't distract you!!! I did briefly consider telling him "no wait wait, it'll be over in a few minutes" when he got down on one knee...

Juuust kidding;)

Amazing update!!! So exciting that really makes such an amazing memory and I think it's so perfect that he waited till wishes!!!

Congratulations and now you can be an obsessive planner for a wedding!!!

I was so glad he waited until Wishes!!! I've been talking about being proposed to during Wishes since I was in the womb.

You can bet I already have Disney-style spreadsheets for the wedding:hyper:!!

Congratulations!! So exciting!

My now husband proposed to me by Cinderella's wishing well....we went back for our honeymoon and it was closed for refurb :( glad to see its back up!

The wishing well is SUCH a great spot!!! Joe almost did it there! That is such a bummer to go back to visit and have it be closed. Reason #1208 to go back?!

Okay, so, I discovered your TR and stupidly decided to start reading it right before I have to turn off my computer and leave the house, so I don't have time for detailed comments, but here are a few brief comments:

A) You're awesome and I'm really loving reading about your trip
B) Congrats on grad school!
C) Totally with you on BOG ... love it!
D) Super congrats on the engagement. And kudos to Joe on what sounds like a great ask - getting engaged during Wishes is so special! The ring is beautiful.

I can't wait to read the next installment!

I do that ALL the time with TRs :rotfl:

THANK YOU so much, you're so sweet:goodvibes BOG is THE BESTTT. I'm having a HECK of a time getting reservations for our next trip though:sad:

THERE IT IS! THERE IT IS! I've been waiting for this moment! Congratulations! I'm SO happy for you!

I love reading TRs and waiting for that "moment", whatever it be, and finally getting to read about it! THANK YOU a million times!!! We're still reeling from it four months later :laughing:

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement and bravo to Joe for an excellent proposal! Wishes AND a proposal?! Brilliant, Joe! :worship:

Even though people were dying that you weren't calling immediately, I think it's nice that you had some time alone with the life-changing news.

I hope Joe was able to see Wishes a second time when he could actually pay attention to it without distractions! :goodvibes

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Didn't he do the best job?!

It did end up being really nice having that time to ourselves before we shared the news with everyone. Joe WAS able to see it a second time...this time without a proposal. Haha, it was funny watching it the second time because he'd be like "yep, wasn't paying attention here...", "here I was trying to feel for the ring in my pocket..."

So awesome!

My now fiance proposed after we had a fabulous fancy dinner at Chefs de France last May :) It was totally perfect!

We also did some post-engagement pictures in front of the castle because they are awesome.

This just sounds like so much fun! I wish we had thought to get buttons, but we were mostly just excited; glad you were able to have such a great trip so far :D

THAT'S SO AWESOME!!! Chefs is such a romantic restaurant!!! You have to get the post-engagement pics in front of the castle! They're the best:wizard:.

Oh my lord! That was completely worth the wait. Let’s face it - the spoiler alert was in the title of the report, and yet I was still scrolling ever so slowly so I wouldn't spoil the surprise. :) Congratulations and best Wishes!

Hehehe yeah I didn't really keep that too secret:rotfl: THANK you so much!!!

Congratulations!!! That was seriously the sweetest engagment story! Wish you and your fiancée lots of joy and happiness! Thanks so much for sharing your magical story with us.

Ah, thank you!!!!! Joe did such a good job!

That is an awesome story :lovestruc congratulations. What a way to make something you love so much and make it that much better. It sounds like you had the most perfect day and then you had the whole vacation to enjoy your engagement:goodvibes.

THANK YOU!!! I didn't think Disney could BE more special but Joe found a way!

:jumping1::earsgirl::earsboy::tinker:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:tigger::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo: Love love love!!! (Candace's mom here...they are so perfect together!) And more please!!!:wave::wave2:

HI MOMMMM!!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Okay....first of all - CONGRATULATIONS!!
Next....I'm hurting from laughing so much at your story! I can totally relate. If anyone tried to take my attention away from the castle during Wishes I would be upset!
I can only imagine how he felt but it all ended up fantastic with a story that you can tell forever! Congrats again!

THANK YOU! It is quite the story to tell...haha "ARE YOU KIDDING ME" is our new favorite thing to say about everything.

Congratulations! I teared up reading the proposal - so sweet and romantic.

My husband and I are staying at Pop for the first time next month - I'd love to hear what you thought about it (especially the food court).

Can't wait to read more :)

Lissette

Oh you are so sweet, thank you!!! We LOVED Pop. We're actually going back in September with free dining and are SO bummed we couldn't get Pop. The food court was great, we didn't actually eat in it too much except a breakfast here and there but I loved the food! Lots of options. It seemed to be the busiest in the mornings. There's a lengthy thread here on the Dis about Pop on the resorts board that was really helpful to me when planning!

:tinker:Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dreams come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc:cloud9::cloud9:

Dreams DO come true! THANK YOU so much!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

:goodvibesTHANK YOU!!!:goodvibes

Wait times are tricky, but it's always a good day when you get to have the wait time card.

I'm actually not about the Ballroom but I'm glad you were so happy to be seated there, it is beautiful inside BOG for sure.

"First bite kinda tastes like Lysol but then it's good" :laughing: Joe is doing desserts wrong.

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest story ever. And hey, as long as you said yes in the end it doesn't matter that you were a bit thrown at first ;)

That is a beautiful ring too. So Congratulations!

Any wait can be made better with a wait time card. I'm glad you appreciate:rotfl:

Joe was definitely doing desserts wrong and I hope he learned his lesson for next time. When you're in the Beast's castle YOU GET THE GREY STUFF.

Oh, thank you so so so much!!! Hahaha true...I did say yes and that's all that really matters.

Awesome story! Congratulations!

:goodvibesThank you!!!!

Congratulations! What a sweet engagement story. Gave me goosebumps! Wishing you many happy (Disney) years ahead!

Oh, thank you!!! We both hope there's MANYYY Disney years ahead...we're already going back this year :laughing: I hope that's a good sign for the future...!

Congratulations on your engagement!Candace, you know the second best day of my life was? I got married at WDW in April 19 yrs ago at the Polynesianresort Disneymade it a very Magical day. We go to WDW every year to celebrate our anniversary and Disney has always filled our trip with lots of pixie dust and Magical Moments. Just like you I had to work hard to get my DH to love Disney like I do and now its the only place he wants to go. Like us , you and Joe will have lots of great memories of your Magical moment when he proposed.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I LOVE your story! It's so nice to be able to go back and visit such a special place. It's fun brainwashing them, isn't it...hehehe

Congrats!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Congrats!! So magical!

It was VERY magical:wizard::goodvibes THANKS!!!

OMG OMG OMG. SO AWESOME!

It really was!! Thank you!!!

OH MY WORD!!! THAT IS FREAKEN FANTASTIC!!! AWE-SOME!! He's got some slick moves!! I am very happy for you two. It is one of the best feelings to this point in your life knowing that you belong to someone who loves you without end. That is how I felt when my wife said yes. Every day after has been wonderful. You are both very lucky! CONGRATS!

Didn't he do the best job?! I was SO impressed with him! It is such a great feeling. That is so sweet!!!

Congratulations! I'm loving your TR.

Thanks SO MUCH!!! I'm loving writing it! I can't believe it's only day two...haha

First of all, THANK YOU so much to everyone for all the congratulatory wishes (no pun intended?) :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It was so fun to relive the proposal! And with some of the wedding drama we have going on :faint:, it's nice to take a step back and remember what it's all about.

Oh, and notice that little Mickey in my signature jumping his way to September 24...? WE'RE GOING BACK!!!:banana::cheer2::cool1::woohoo:party:
It actually was all Joe's idea too! He mentioned wanting to go back this year and every time I'd bring it up I'd say "well if we go to Disney..." and he'd say "no, WHEN we go to Disney..." About that brainwashing...I think it worked:rotfl2:! We'd been waiting for the free dining promotion to come out and almost everyday Joe would text me from work "did Disney release free dining yet...?" and I'd say "no, not yet, I promise to be the first to know as I stalk the free dining thread on the Dis." So when they FINALLY released it, we booked and thank god we didn't run into any issues in the booking process like so many others seem to have. The only issue we ran into was having to switch resorts as everything we wanted was gone by the time I booked at 7:15...:confused3 I was hoping to finally be able to stay at CBR or CSR since we'd be saving so much money with FD. But when they required you add on the park hopper or water park option and then all the standards were gone at CBR, CSR AND Pop we ended up having to go with All Star Sports. I was kind of bummed, never really had a desire to stay at the All Stars. When I explained it to Joe, his optimistic self said "well, if we want to stay at every Disney resort we'll have to stay there at some point!" ...that brainwashing...;)

BACK TO THE REPORT!

Thursday January 8, 2015 - Gooooood morning Hollywood Studios!

Thursday we woke up around 7:00, I probably spent most of the morning staring at my ring and we headed to bus stop. We were headed for HS! We arrived at about 8:30 and it was COLD.

cold.jpg

But actually it was COLD. I think Joe made a joke (1,000 jokes) about the ice on my finger contributing to the weather...

I'd heard reports of HS letting you in a few minutes early and I had my fingers crossed that would happen today. And then at 8:45 we told the guards to open up the gate (THE GAAATE) and we were off! We headed straight to RnRC where we were met with a wall of people. :crazy2: So much for being let in early. The ride wasn't open yet and that was the crowd we were waiting in. We ended up waiting here for way too long - in hindsight, we should have just headed to ToT and came back to RnRC after. But we ended up talking to two ladies in front of us who were asking all about the proposal and actually ended up being from Michigan. Not only were they from Michigan, one of them worked with Joe's mom! It's a small world after all?

FINALLY at...wait for it...9:30:headache:, a full half hour later, the ride opened and we were on our way to board a super-stretch limo.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7150942654(1).jpg

That guy who's sitting in front of us...his face

face.jpg

That photopass picture? Took us forever to actually get. We noticed it never showed up on the screen so we went and told a CM...who had NO idea what we meant or how to get it back??? Seems like a fairly common issue but it took us FOREVER to explain it and finally when he started flipping through the photos for us to find the right one he was flipping through them SO fast I couldn't even make out any faces! I ended up spotting us by some miracle but man...it was quite an experience.

So even though we waited forever for the ride to actually open, it only took us a total of ten minutes from the time we actually got in line to the time we were done. By then, though, RnRC had a 40 minute wait and ToT had a 60 minute wait. So my plan to ride them multiple times was nixed and we headed to the ride Joe was probably looking most forward to. STAR TOURS!

Now, I had read on the boards about a little secret to becoming the rebel spy. Apparently, they only have a few seconds to grab a picture so they look for someone who gets settled pretty quickly (ie not fiddling with their seatbelt or putting their stuff under the seat). And you have to be looking straight ahead with a 'pleasant look on your face.' So I told Joe all of this and then we waited. The ride started and it was awesome. I knew Joe would love it. And then...there he was!!! IT WORKED! Rebel Spy Mission: ACCOMPLISHED! I was so happy. I knew he'd love the ride but would love it even more if he was picked! He went back and forth on whether to get the "I am the Rebel Spy" shirt (ps Disney...AWESOME marketing). He ended up deciding against it but I think he regretted it...there's always SEPTEMBER!

We rode again and afterward I said to Joe "we can ride The Great Movie Ride now" and he said "we just did..." :rotfl:Star Wars fan, he is.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7150977595.jpg

That is pure happiness right there.

On The Great Movie Ride we were hijacked by some COWBOYS which I've never experienced! I remember excitedly saying to Joe "WE GOT THE COWBOY SCENE!!!" and being met with this look

dalmatian-sideeye.gif~c200.gif

After all that cowboy scene excitement, we'd worked up quite an appetite. We were so excited to try some HS QS options! ...insert sarcasm symbol.
To ABC Commissary we go...:rolleyes:

We were so starving, the food quality didn't even matter to me but Joe has since mentioned not wanting to go back there...

DSC08754.JPG

We each got the Angus Cheeseburger.

DSC08756.JPG

This cupcake though? MORE than made up for the lack of quality of the cheeseburgers! It was their specialty cupcake and I had no idea you could get it as your dessert option on the dining plan but you could! It was a chocolate cupcake with banana buttercream icing and caramel drizzle and it was HEAVEN. We ended up getting this again when we ate at Pizza Planet our next HS day.

We had lunch at 11:15 and eating before that crazy lunch rush is so worth it. We didn't wait at all to order our food and by the time we were done around 11:45/noon it was much much busier.

Next we had something I was actually really looking forward to...I apologize to those who are over Frozen...I'm not QUITE there yet :rolleyes1

IMG_5620.JPG

Obligatory "awful picture" comment but seriously :crazy2: Pics or it didn't happen, though.

An FYI for those planning - we arrived at 12:20 for the 12:35 show and there were lots of seats left. By the time the show started, though, the place was full.

IMG_5621.JPG

IMG_5631.JPG

I have to say... I loved this. It was so well done and the historians really made the show. They were hilarious. I was laughing out loud and so was Joe which was awesome. I actually, not gunna lie, got a little teary at a couple points. One was just watching everyone, grandparents, parents, little kids, adults 'let it go' (I apologize) and just sing their hearts out. Everyone around us was singing. And watching the little ones around us with a look of awe on their face was absolutely adorable. Also...during "Love is an Open Door" when Hans says "can I say something crazy? Will you marry me?" and Anna says "can I say something even crazier? Yes!" I may or may not have had to stop singing because my voice was cracking...:sad: I had just gotten engaged the night before - is that an excuse?! No:headache:? Needless to say, I can't wait to do this again. Minus the tears. Maybe.

Last edited:
The One Where Minnie Has Too Many Dole Whips

After that emotional experience, we headed to something that we were pretty sure wouldn't make me cry (you never know though...).

DSC08762.JPG

IMG_5636.JPG

I made it though without crying. Phew. Joe thought this was cool but we probably won't do it again next time.

Next we had a TSM FP to use!!! YAY!

After reading up on how to get better scores on Buzz Lightyear and being successful, we decided to do the same thing before we rode TSM. We sat on a bench and googled it...and then got overwhelmed and just decided to go ride.

This is what happens when you don't know the secrets to a high score...

IMG_5637.JPG

Next time.

I also took this at some point...

DSC08763.JPG

I just loved them:goodvibes

We headed for another ride on Star Tours and were in line at 2:25 where the SB wait was posted at 20 minutes. We were on 15 minutes later. No rebel spy this time but we loved it again!

So the next thing we did ended up being one of our favorite things of the whole trip. It was something I had done before and loved but it was new to Joe.

DSC08765.JPG

Animation Academy! While waiting in the little holding area for the next show, we had the BEST CM! She was telling us all sorts of Disney history and was just very knowledgeable and personable. Her name was Jae and we meant to go to guest relations to tell them how great she was but never got around to it. She saw our "just engaged" buttons and gave us some stickers (LOVE DISNEY STICKERS) and asked Joe "how'd you get her to say 'yes'?" :laughing: We explained the story and she said "not one person has said 'no' in front of the castle"...true DAT.

Once we got in, we discovered we were drawing Minnie!!! I was SO excited. However, my actual drawing didn't make me feel as excited...

I now present to you - Minnie who has eaten too many Dole Whips

DSC08767.JPG

Joe did better than me but his still looks a little like someone's face after discovering you have to book Fastpasses at 60 days out...:mad:

DSC08768.JPG

We tried.

FINALLY we were able to go ride one of my favorite rides in all of the World with FPs...

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7151527237.jpg

Love love LOVE this ride. When I was younger, my mom, sister and I were in Disney. My mom is a huge thrill ride freak whereas my sister and I ride the WDW Railroad with our arms in the air. Needless to say, it took some prodding to get us to ride ToT. It worked a little better on my sister than me and she finally agreed to ride it and would tell me how it was after. They went, came off and my sister raved about it. This coming from the person who would rather walk up 60 flights of stairs than take an elevator. So I decided to do it. And we proceeded to ride it about 15 times in a row.

Having worked up an appetite again, it was time for our ADR at 50's Prime Time! This is another family favorite.

10400486_674320813544_2827_n.jpg

That's my mom in 2008 in time-out for having her elbows on the table:rotfl:. Our server had the whole restaurant point their fingers at her and yell "SHAME SHAME SHAME!" It was amazing.

Last edited:
50's Prime Time and a Game Time Decision

Now, I LOVE 50's. Love the food, love the atmosphere, love that it's a family tradition. This was Joe's first time and sadly he wasn't as impressed. I think it was mostly the food he wasn't impressed with. My theory is that the fried chicken he got was just the tipping point for all the heavy food we were eating and it was just too much.

DSC08771.JPG

He really wanted the chicken pot pie but HATES mushrooms and they weren't able to remove them.

I got A Sampling of Mom's Favorites and I LOVED it.

DSC08770-001.JPG

We were able to get milkshakes as our drink with the dining plan which I promptly did by ordering the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake. Joe got a coke blended with cherry and vanilla flavoring and it was AWESOME. We tried to recreate this at Sci Fi a few days later and it wasn't nearly as good...big fail and, spoiler alert, a LOT of things failed during our Sci Fi meal.

For dessert I got the S'mores which were fantastic. Joe got the 50's Bostom Cream Parfait which he liked.

DSC08773-001.JPG

DSC08774.JPG

I think during this meal everything was catching up to us. I remember both of us were really tired from all the excitement of the night before and being up late making phone calls and celebrating. So we made the (REALLY UPSETTING) call to skip Fantasmic this night. I was a little okay with it because I knew we'd be back a few nights later to see it but it's one of my favorite shows so I was definitely a little bummed. It ended up being a good call though, I think.

The line for the Pop buses was crazy. So I told Joe that if we wanted we could hop on the AoA bus and just walk back over to Pop. We decided whichever bus showed up first was the one we'd hop on. It ended up being AoA and it worked like a charm.

And that concludes day four! (HOW am I only on day four?!)

Last edited:
Oh, and notice that little Mickey in my signature jumping his way to September 24...? WE'RE GOING BACK!!!:banana::cheer2::cool1::woohoo:party:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! By my calculations, that puts you exactly 1 week behind me. Then again, I will still have a little left to do for another couple of days.

But yeah, that free dining was crazy nuts. I just stuck with the room discount which is fine by me. It'll be my first All Stars stay as well (Music... And Spa), so I'm hoping it'll be ok.

And then at 8:45 we told the guards to open up the gate (THE GAAATE)

Darnit, I actually did sing that out loud.

Not only were they from Michigan, one of them worked with Joe's mom! It's a small world after all?

This I did not sing out loud, just for the record.

RnRC had a 40 minute wait and ToT had a 60 minute wait.

WOW, those are some sick wait times for early morning January 8 one would think. Don't they know you just got engaged????

I remember excitedly saying to Joe "WE GOT THE COWBOY SCENE!!!" and being met with this look

HAHA, non DISers just don't get it.

I gotta say, your whole Frozen sing-a-long experience made me :D

"not one person has said 'no' in front of the castle"

OK, I officially love Jae.

dsc08767-jpg.94401

Awww, Minnie has the mumps. Or maybe you were just going for a Minnie/Chip & Dale hybrid? Gotta store them nuts somewhere.

Ummmm, I'm a little terrified right now.

Having worked up an appetite again, it was time for our ADR at 50's Prime Time! This is another family favorite.

AHHH, I might be eating there this September.

And this will probably be me.

Holy cow that line for RnRC sounds crazy. You wouldn't expect it to be that bad right at opening ...

Yay for Joe getting to be the Rebel Spy! And he should have gotten the shirt ... I hope he gets it in September!

I'm with you on Frozen - I love the Sing Along! The historians really are hysterical (although ... not always so appropriate, I've noticed)

I love awesome CMs ... and Jae sounds so great! And Disney stickers really are awesome ... I got like 8 of them on one trip ...
Joe's Minnie looks a little angry. Just saying.

Even though you called it a day early, it sounds like you had a pretty good day!

So I am back a few posts but just wanted to say how much your engagement post meant to me at the time I read it

I happened to have just read a story about a young woman who seemingly had everything going for her but was struggling on the inside - feeling that she had to be perfect all the time and that no one else felt "no ok" like she did at times, etc. Eventually she wound up taking her own life and as a father to three (two of whom are girls) the story hit me hard ...

... and then I read your post about Wishes and Disney and how it is a place you can "just be" and it hit me that the other young woman didn't seem to have that place where she could always "just be" and to think about how the Disney parks aren't just amusement parks and what Walt created is so much more than that. How, no matter your age or race or gender or if you are traveling solo or in a group of 50 or as a couple that just got engaged you can just enjoy being. So obviously I needed that.

and Obviously CONGRATULATIONS! What a great story! And if Joe reads this I hope he takes note that you never mention how big the ring is or anything like that but rather how much thought and effort he puts into it ... and that 20 years form know he should always put the same thought and effort into you :goodvibes

Wishing you both nothing but happiness!

Ok, back to nice comments and whitty remarks ;)

(sneaky little friend...she knew all along - I would find out later that apparently EVERYONE knew except me).
... of course they did! I love how they were all freaking out when you hadn't called them the minute Wishes was over :rotfl:

and he'd say "no, WHEN we go to Disney..." About that brainwashing...I think it worked:rotfl2:
.... good, good ... everything is proceeding as you had foreseen ;)

Glad you were able to get Free dining - sounds like it was a disaster this year. Like they didn't even really want to do the promotion so decided to do it really limited like with little to no warning and not increase staff to handle the calles

I love how Joe has gone from not really being into Disney to now wanting to stay at every single resort! See what a little Wishin' can do?

Wow, that's amazing the woman in line with you at RnRC worked with Joe's mom! It's a small, small world! (apologies Rob)

Ah, the true Disney fan bliss of "GETTING THE COWBOY SCENE OMG!!!!!"

I so loved the Frozen sing along. I loved the historians and how they had jokes that were definitely meant more for the adults. I do think that the level of enjoyment depends on how into it the crowd is. When we went we had a crowd like yours with tons of people (including about 2,367 little girls in Elsa dresses) signing their hearts out and it was great. I've read reports of other shows where the crowd isn't really into it and it takes away from things a bit. Glad you both enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed Animation Academy! BTW - you can e-mail guest relations about a great CM. I did that after our last trip and got a note back saying thank you for the feedback and they would make a note in her (or his) record

I was going to say your Minnie looks like she just had her wisdom teeth removed ... but too many Dole Whips is way more fun!

I am still trying to get my daughter to ride TOT - the drop part she is fine with she just has no interest in seeing anything about ghosts, so if we could skip that first part I think she would go :rotfl2:

I can see everything catching up to you - especially with the late night before (for a good cause obviously) It's tough at the time but calling for an early night when you need it almost always works out for the best in the end. Glad you at least had another opportunity to see Fantasmic! though!

Hey, we're staying at the All Star Sports in November for the second time and we're really excited! Trust me, you'll love it! :) The All Stars are great and get so much more flank then they deserve. You'll enjoy yourself.

Sorry you had to wait so long to get on the ride but how cool that you ran into those ladies!

What?! I didn't know there was a secret to being the rebel spy. I will keep that in mind.

I said to Joe "we can ride The Great Movie Ride now" and he said "we just did..."
:rotfl:

Cowboys! So exciting!

The sing along is fun, even if I'm a little overFrozened.

You did try and at least you came up with witty names for your Minnies ;)

I had the same problem as Joe last time I went to 50's Prime Time. The food just doesn't do it for me and also, I hate mushrooms but love pot pie. I feel his pain.

Good bus karma ftw!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter