Security

Anyone know what US/IOA or SW is doing ? I realize they are not the American icon target WDW is, but are they following Disney's lead ?

For those saying that security at WDW is a joke, are you still going to WDW? Some of you must be, since you know the system and can talk about how it's been done (or not) when you've visited parks and resorts.

So ... if security is a joke, but you're still going to the parks, you've obviously felt secure there all along or, presumeably, you'd have stopped going once WDW was listed as a "potential target." But if you feel safe enough to go there regardless of the type of security offered, what's the problem?

Originally posted by disneyholic family
considering that one of the people who was convicted for the 1993 bombing of the world trade center worked for several years at WDW and was well acquainted with the tunnels, one has to assume that everyone in his terrorist organization is also well aware of the physical plant of WDW......
makes you think....about that as well as who else might be working there now...
Please. Anyone who ever took a "Behind the Magic" tour or watched the Discovery Channel special can figure out the tunnels. There have probably been a hundred diagrams available on the Internet for years. There could have been terrorists working there since day one. Bottom line is .... nothing has happened. Petty crime, sure. Terrorism? Nope.

This line of thinking is exactly what the press is doing. Creating this paranoia about what "could" happen. Terrorists shopped at malls in Central Florida too, and there could be all sorts of their friends and compatriots still working at Yankee Candles or Beneton or serving up food in the food court. Better not shop or eat anywhere! You never know who's working there now... :rolleyes:

:earsboy:

the CM who told me about it (and who worked together with him for 2 years) didn't seem to think it was trivial....
but you're right regarding anywhere, anytime and very difficult to stop.....

The heck with the gate security, if its nothing but a mental placebo of security for the guests so much the better!

But the real security is the "supposed guests at SOG" that have a permanent booking, with periodic personnell rotation,wear body armor,have earbuds and throat mics....

Or maybe its just a rumor?;)

Disney is about getting away from reality..............and right now, what a wonderful thing!!!! Lets let Disney do their job, and enjoy the magic!!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :tongue: :tongue:

I've been fortunate enough to gain some access and insight into some of the technology measures at WDW used to aid security. While I won't share the precise measures because I was asked not to, I can assure you that the resort guard posts and park baggage checks are, at best, diversionary tactics and good ways to slow down crowds enough to allow technology to analyze guests in ways humans simply can't do as efficiently.

ok. scary. extremely interesting.....................scoop................as ron said to hermoine....'your scary sometimes, do you know that.'

cover an entire body with c4 and just stroll in

Since the temps in Orlando have been consistantly in the 80's, I would think someone with c4 strapped all over them would look quite suspicious.
The best security is awareness. Awareness of your surroundings and people reporting anything even slightly suspicious. We can all do our part in keeping each other safe in WDW or anywhere else. We are all in this together! Be safe all!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter