Secret Slushies and Secret Doors

I vote yes to two weeks! Though I've never heard the expression "boiling the frog"...
Sorry your days have been sucky lately - hope things get better soon!!

I vote yes to two weeks! Though I've never heard the expression "boiling the frog"...
Sorry your days have been sucky lately - hope things get better soon!!

I like your vote :). Boiling the frog is putting the frog in cold water and slowly turning up the temperature. Once he's cooking, its too late. I have shamelessly used this strategy with DH. It works like this... "Honey, I think we can afford to go to Disney for a few days. I found a great deal." Several weeks later. "Honey, the airfare is better on a Tuesday, so I think we should add a couple days." Then, "You know, I think we should stay at AKL instead of POP. It will be much more romantic." Before he knows what hit him, we have a 6 night stay in a wonderful resort with several dining adrs.

I honestly don't start out trying to deceive him. It just seems to happen. Maybe I'm boiling my own frog :rotfl:.

I like your vote :). Boiling the frog is putting the frog in cold water and slowly turning up the temperature. Once he's cooking, its too late. I have shamelessly used this strategy with DH. It works like this... "Honey, I think we can afford to go to Disney for a few days. I found a great deal." Several weeks later. "Honey, the airfare is better on a Tuesday, so I think we should add a couple days." Then, "You know, I think we should stay at AKL instead of POP. It will be much more romantic." Before he knows what hit him, we have a 6 night stay in a wonderful resort with several dining adrs.

I honestly don't start out trying to deceive him. It just seems to happen. Maybe I'm boiling my own frog :rotfl:.

Oh my gosh...you were right! I did miss this post!

By the way, I'm planning to post a blog on "boiling the frog". I think that's a great topic for my agent blog, don't you? It's a tip everyone can use! And you, my friend, are the mistress of the kitchen. :stir:

So yesterday skater and I met at Panera for a plotting....I mean scheming...or should we say PLANNING session for our trip. (And of course to discuss the general suckiness of both of our lives the last couple of weeks. *sigh*)

Apparently I have boiled skater's frog this time. :rotfl: (more on that in a minute)

I got myself all Disney psyched yesterday morning by doing this with my pins:

And then skater called and wanted to know if I was available to get together. I'm telling you, it should not be this hard to get together with your BFF. Seriously! Of course I'm available. DD went swimming with a friend and DS and DH were milkin' the cows. I'm FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot! :cheer2:

So we met up at our most recent secret location to discuss some secret Disney plans, grabbed our beverages of choice and hid out in the corner to plot. I mean plan.

skater's beverage of choice: Diet Pepsi. (NOT, and I repeat NOT diet coke.)
PoppyGirl's beverage of choice: iced tea.
Mission: Advance our super secret plans for this amazing girls only food and wine adventure.

The PLANNING BINDER: (dun dun dun!)

The agents on this mission:

PoppyGirl and Skater. :hug:

I e-mailed skater a few days ago with only this in the subject line, "what if we flew down Thursday night instead of Friday morning and stayed at the airport hotel and took ME to the resort early Friday?":idea:
skater: .sounds fun
PoppyGirl: We could also take ME when we get there and go on to one of the value resorts for the first night--the cost is about the same either way (some boring thoughts about value/cost/convenience) (I talk a lot when I'm not being a therapist)
skater: My gut feeling is that waking up at a Disney resort would be better than at the airport. We could check out of the value resort and take a cab over to paradise.

And so after about 2 minutes of conversation :rolleyes:....no just kidding, it was longer than that....we've decided to fly down on Thursday night after PoppyGirl gets off work, stay at Art of Animation (neither of us have ever stayed there!!!) in a Little Mermaid room, have a nice walk around the resort in the morning and then grab a taxi over to "paradise" (translation: Yacht Club) to check in for our real vacation and end up with a more relaxing start to our trip than we would have had leaving at o-dark-thirty Friday morning.

(You see how her frog is SO easy to boil???!?!?!!)

Here's a shot of the planning binder after we "adjusted" our plans.

Then my DH calls....oh good grief! I've been gone ONE hour!!
Then of course, skater's DH calls (geez...can't these guys let us be for a few hours?) You should know, however, that skater spends a LOT of time on the phone with her family. A LOT. In fact, I've gotten in the habit of photographing her whenever she's talking on her phone. I think I'll do a whole separate post about that. But to tide you over, here's one from yesterday:

Also on the table at this meeting:
What events to attend
What ADRs to keep (we have two (!!!!) at Be Our Guest and one at Flying Fish
Budget prediction (how much are we going to need for what we are doing? I think I do this backwards....I figure out what I want and THEN think about how to pay for it! ;) )
Basic schedule for the days (which parks when)
Next up: Our decisions on those matters.
I have to re-type everything now!

:wave2: me too..... grand idea really!!

Love the picture of the Cat and the Tardis

Welcome to our PTR spiritsim and littlebee33! :welcome:

I'm so happy :goodvibes that people are actually reading our posts!

Yes, skater and I are both big Doctor Who fans. I may have said before that most of my addictions are purely her fault. I think she can blame me for her scrapbooking addiction though so maybe we are evenly matched. :hug:

Here's our newest kitty addition, Gus. He's named after two of our favorite characters. DD wanted to him Diamond but then we found out he's a boy (you'd think a farm girl would know that) so I, of course, suggested a Disney name. And Psych is another of our favorite shows.

images

tumblr_lf1si7jFMd1qdoy8do1_500.jpg

Apparently someone just dropped him at the farm. He's been there for a few weeks and DD has been playing with him at Grandma's house. Oh my...he is the sweetest little kitty! SO loving.

Naming the cat after a character is so clever! When I hopefully get my puppy soon, I need to keep this in mind! Hope you have fun on your trip! Going to keep reading this:)

Naming the cat after a character is so clever! When I hopefully get my puppy soon, I need to keep this in mind! Hope you have fun on your trip! Going to keep reading this:)

Hi PetersLittleFairy! Welcome! and thanks for joining in!

I have other cats with Disney character names.
We have Ariel, Jasmine, Boo (from Monsters Inc),

And a few others without Disney names: :cat:
Kitty Perry
Mocha Latte (that's the Tardis cat in the photo. DS calls her Crappacino)
Tippy
Butterscotch
Tootsie Roll
Stormageddon, Lord of All (Doctor Who reference)
Ralph (not from Wreck it Ralph however)
Needy and Mary (brothers--Mary is named for a character in Psych)
Calvin & Hobbes (twin orange brothers)
Angelica (she got lost, I had a dream an angel carried her out of the forest)

Dara Paulette the dog
Angel and Bubby the ducks
Hey There and Delilah the calves
Daisy the goat
Mopsy, Callie and Tegan (also a Doctor Who reference) the rabbits

Wow must be nice to have a farm and room for lots of animals. I have 4 dogs because the city says only 4 allowed per household unless you have a kennel licence.:) One large black cat and a tank of fish...... but would love to live on a farm. I was born on one but grew up in the city. Great posts you both keep me wondering what you will do next....love it

Wow must be nice to have a farm and room for lots of animals. I have 4 dogs because the city says only 4 allowed per household unless you have a kennel licence.:) One large black cat and a tank of fish...... but would love to live on a farm. I was born on one but grew up in the city. Great posts you both keep me wondering what you will do next....love it

I love living on the farm. I lived in Southern CA for 7.5 years and I got so tired of never being able to go ANYWHERE without a crowd.

skater's house is also in the country and there are fields in her back yard. Don't ask her about that farmer though...and the fertilizer.... She has been fostering kittens.

My DD would just die without a yard full of animals. Last night she was in tears wondering if animals would go to heaven or not and if they didn't......:worried::(

No not at all :cool1: did you get the format somewhere or make it up yourselves looks pretty cool but I am technically challenged.:)

Wonderful news on the extra day - hurrah for waking up in Disney!
And congratulations on the new addition to you family! Gus is adorable!!

No not at all :cool1: did you get the format somewhere or make it up yourselves looks pretty cool but I am technically challenged.:)

Wonderful news on the extra day - hurrah for waking up in Disney!
And congratulations on the new addition to you family! Gus is adorable!!

I could only hope to be so well organized. Really :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

spiritsim The format I found on the disboards and someone sent it to me. I modified it with my own sections a little bit. It's an excel sheet so I just add a new sheet for every vacation. :cool1:

Alysa--I know, right? Waking up at Disney = :goodvibes Gus is such a sweetie pie and he's adjusting well to the other kittehs. :)

Dis_Yoda welcome you are. Glad we are to have you. :yoda:

I'm not done yet, but I've been working on shirts for our trip. I'm too excited to wait until they are finished. :hyper: Want to see?!?!?! (I know there's a spelling error--whoops!) skater can't decide what she likes and she hasn't given me her input yet into the "bucket list" part so that will change. And now she's abandoning me and going on vacation with her family. :rolleyes1

If you have any suggestions for our funny bucket list, let me know! :)

BACK:

FRONT:

Great t-shirt design but I have questions.
What is a brown elephant?
What is a lobster claw cuddler?
Kimchi dog! Really? Are you a kimchi fan?
Is Smash Mouth playing at the food and wine?
Men in kilts? Just kidding - this one I get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter