secret scrapbooking sister

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by twingle3, Dec 29, 2005.

1. twingle3

twingle3 Mouseketeer

I love doing the .37 cent swaps and the christmas stocking swap. I am inquiring as to whether anyone ever does a secret sister scrapbooking swap on this board. I have searched out other boards as I think this is something I would enjoy on a 6 month or year long basis but I prefer not to go to other boards as i am comfortable with the people on this board. Is this something that anyone has done in the past here? Does someone know where I could go to get a secret scrapbooking sister? I think it would be great fun. Thanks for your help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

Can you outline what this entails? You might get some interest if you can give the details....although you might also drum up more enthusiasm if you wait until the holidays are completely over. Some people have 2nd celebrations with extended family around New Year's....I know we do - so I'm still finishing gifts for the ILs & can't think of anything else right now. :rotfl2:

4. pjpoohbear

pjpoohbear <font color=blue>Back in DVC point Debt!<br><font

Can you explain more about this type of swap for some of the newer swapper.

Penny

5. cannp123165

cannp123165 <font color=green>Very Quizzical<font color=teal>

I would love to know more about it........
    princess:

6. welovemickey

welovemickey Disney Junkie

There have been a couple of SS swaps on this board. I participated a couple of times and really had a lot of fun!

7. nicurn

nicurn <font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col

basically the hostess would hold signups for the swap and y'all would sign up for whatever time period is decided upon. (for example if it's a 3 month swap, you would send stuff once a month for a total of 3 packages). usually there is a money amount (10-15$ per month). anyhow once you sign up the hostess will send out a questionaire asking what you like, don't like, etc and then pair everyone up. at the end of the time period you would reveal who you are to the secret sister. maggie

8. lewdyan1

lewdyan1 DIS Veteran

That sounds like a really cute idea. :goodvibes

9. ohMom

ohMom Kids Get Arthritis Too! Moderator

i maybe interested in this -- i have soooooo much to scrapbook!

i would like to add my .02 that i would prefer to keep it at $10 or under though.

i would be fun to get things that i wouldn't normally splurge on, embellishment type stuff

10. twingle3

twingle3 Mouseketeer

that's great that so many people are interested in this. i really had a good time doing it on another board. the only thing is that i don't think i have it in me to coordinate this. it is still intimidating to me to host a swap. afraid i will really mess up. but....if someone does decide that this is interesting and wants to take the reigns i would definitely participate. i also agree that after the new year as i am also in another christmas this weekend. ugh. i love these types of swaps. yoo hoo.

11. cannp123165

Sounds like a great swap. Will I be able to take part from the UK?
    princess:

12. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

I'd play, but can't really commit for longer than 3 months. Work is too unpredictable and I never know if I won't be able to commit mailing deadline more than 3 months out.

13. jennyL

jennyL <font color=00cc00>Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!<br><fo

I'd be interested in participating if this gets going. I think 3 months is a good time frame too.

14. potterphreak

potterphreak Mouseketeer

Count me in! Sounds awesome! I have only participated in the Christmas Stocking Swap, maybe if I get one or two more swaps under my belt I might be willing to host one. Keep us posted, sounds super fun!

15. Mickey4me!

Mickey4me! Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!

I participated in several "secret sister" swaps on the old AOL board when I first started scrapping over 6 years ago. They were so much fun and I made some lasting friends from them. They're just like nicurn described. You are assigned a SS and you send them a package once a month for the length of the swap. In between, I would receive (and send) handmade cards, email cards and messages. My SS always put a lot of thought into the packages and it was really fun to get the packages. Most people create a SS email account so they can send messages/cards etc w/o giving away their identity. My first SS was from AZ and after the swap was over we continued to email and even went to a couple of scrapping conventions together. She and her family become good friends and we remain in contact even today. This is really a great swap but takes committment to make sure that everyone benefits.

16. Minnie&Mickey

Minnie&Mickey I want to live at the Fort!

This is going to sound like a stupid question, but do you buy stuff for your secret scrapping sister, or do you have to make things like special tags or cards that she can use? I would be interested if you bought stuff...I'm not very talented when it comes to creating things on my own!

17. Mickey4me!

Mickey4me! Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!

In the ones I've been involved in, it's a mixture of both. Everyone fills out a questionaire with info on what types of books you're working on (baby, christmas, pet, etc) size, product preferences and fun stuff like favorite snack. Your pal will then use this list to put together your monthly surprise package based on the $$ limit established. In between packages, you can send your pal cards and/or small items either via snail mail or email. You can also start giving small hints about your identity as you get close to the reveal date.

18. mickeyfan2

mickeyfan2 DIS Veteran

I would like to do this. Count me in.

19. bettyann29

bettyann29 <font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..

Sounds fun.... Count me in ...

20. PoohBearLovinMama

PoohBearLovinMama DIS Veteran

I'd like to do this too, if it's kept at 3 mos and $10 or under. :)

21. cannp123165

I would like to join in princess: