Secret is Killing Me!!!

Randi Morse

Earning My Ears
I booked our vacation in June - we're going on November 3rd. Our 11 and 14 year old children have NO idea and keeping this secret is KILLING ME!!! We're telling them this Sunday (we wanted to give them some time to do homework and to anticipate the trip) using a scavenger hunt, but seriously guys, I'm having such a hard time keeping my mouth shut!! HELP!

I luv surprizing my family. We r leaving on nov 6th,which is also my DH birthday. I told him and our 13 DS that we are staying at the POP but i secretly changed it to the Beach Club. Can't wait for them to find out when thru scan their magic bands to the magical express.

I luv surprizing my family. We r leaving on nov 6th,which is also my DH birthday. I told him and our 13 DS that we are staying at the POP but i secretly changed it to the Beach Club. Can't wait for them to find out when thru scan their magic bands to the magical express.

I have a similar surprise plotted!! I'm having the hardest time keeping it secret! I'm trying to figure out how to keep my DH from noticing the luggage tags with our new hotel info before we check our bags. I want to do my reveal as we approach the magical express but nervous it'll get spoiled before then.

I have a similar surprise plotted!! I'm having the hardest time keeping it secret! I'm trying to figure out how to keep my DH from noticing the luggage tags with our new hotel info before we check our bags. I want to do my reveal as we approach the magical express but nervous it'll get spoiled before then.
I am putting the tags on when we get to the airport that way he wont look at them. Then when we get to scan the bands they will find out. My parents know so they will help hopefully with keeping them away from the tags.

I am putting the tags on when we get to the airport that way he wont look at them. Then when we get to scan the bands they will find out. My parents know so they will help hopefully with keeping them away from the tags.

I think I'm going to try and do the same... It'll just be DH and me, however, so I'm brainstorming how to keep him distracted while I put the luggage tags onto our suitcases once we get up to the counter. Last year he put his tag on the wrong part of his bag (which ended up not being a problem) and I was so stressed and worried his bag wouldn't make it to the hotel, so I used that as my reason for why I'd wait and put them on myself. "You don't want me stressing out again, so I'll just take care of the luggage tags myself." There is a starbucks at the entry to the terminal we will likely be in, so I thought about sending him to grab me a coffee but that seems pointless since I'll have to chug it down before we go through security. I'm probably overthinking it, I doubt he'll be paying that close attention to luggage tags, but REALLY want the reveal to be when we get down to Magical Express as well!! Especially since I've gone to such lengths to keep him from finding out up to this point! I know you can appreciate how challenging that is haha! :)

Can't wait to hear how your reveal goes!! Please come back and share! :)

I think I'm going to try and do the same... It'll just be DH and me, however, so I'm brainstorming how to keep him distracted while I put the luggage tags onto our suitcases once we get up to the counter. Last year he put his tag on the wrong part of his bag (which ended up not being a problem) and I was so stressed and worried his bag wouldn't make it to the hotel, so I used that as my reason for why I'd wait and put them on myself. "You don't want me stressing out again, so I'll just take care of the luggage tags myself." There is a starbucks at the entry to the terminal we will likely be in, so I thought about sending him to grab me a coffee but that seems pointless since I'll have to chug it down before we go through security. I'm probably overthinking it, I doubt he'll be paying that close attention to luggage tags, but REALLY want the reveal to be when we get down to Magical Express as well!! Especially since I've gone to such lengths to keep him from finding out up to this point! I know you can appreciate how challenging that is haha! :)

Can't wait to hear how your reveal goes!! Please come back and share! :)
Thats a great idea to do. We have a 13 yo so i will make them hang out. They have no idea how to do half the stuff. We go to disney 3-4 times a yr so they do pay much attentuon to the tags anymore. Ive been trying so hard to keep it a secert in so flad that i only have 10 dayz left.
I will let u know how it goes. I post on here and on facebook too. Everyone is excited to here how it goes. I think im more excited then they will be haha.

I know how you guys feel. I planned a WDW trip and had been telling the kids that I wanted to just book a vacation home rather than bouncing from a universal resort to a WDW resort then to a vacation home. So the big kids have since decided that they are not going on vacation this year to disney:guilty:. So the 2 younger kids, ages 4 and 13, think for sure we are staying in one place since the big kids are not going (they are 20 and 23). Well mama's always looking to pull off a surprise and this year is no different. They have the countdown calendars that they put a sticker on daily and one that they pull off a ring with their vacation date starting August 2nd which is when we would leave to get on the auto train and head to the vacation home. But what they don't know is that I booked the train for the 27th of July and we check into the POP on the 28th thru the 3rd. THEN we go to the vacation home:tongue::tongue:. So I have to remind myself to not mention anything about the POP or staying onsite. So my secret is actually 2 parts. Obviously they will know we are leaving a week sooner then planned once the 27th comes, but they will still believe when we get there that we are going to the vacation home. Once we are all back in the car from the auto train, I still won't say a word until we are pulling up the the POP Century sign :cloud9:. I have 81days to keep quiet and all summer to be with them daily since i don't work in the summer.

We are taking my DSS (13) and DSD (10) on their first trip ever in November. They will not know we are going until we pick them up from their dad's for the flight. Hard to keep it a secret but sooooo worth it. Can not wait for the reaction. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter