1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Second guessing my resort choice

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by canadiandisneyfamof4, May 9, 2013.

1. canadiandisneyfamof4

canadiandisneyfamof4 Mouseketeer

I booked ASMu this morning for 4 nights before the cruise. We won't be spending a lot of time at the resort so we were focusing on what was most cost effective as a big part of our resort choice.

I am really second guessing this choice - we stayed at ASMu last year pre cruise and enjoyed it, but I feel like I should stay somewhere new (part of my ridiculous rationale is that I already have the All Star Pin and if I stay there again I can't get a new pin, yes I know, ridiculous) So my options are stay were we are, move to Art of Animation (no discount available so it would about $80 for the entire stay) or move to a moderate resort which is about double the price currently ASMu is $72 a night. We have previously stayed at POP so moving our reservation there doesn't help.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kappyfamily

kappyfamily DIS Veteran

I would say try art of animation if $ allows! Why not! Have fun!

4. KPetty725

KPetty725 DIS Veteran

I would say $80 is worth it for a newer resort with a better pool area and to check off another resort on the list! Doubling for a moderate when you're not really going to spend much time there, not so much. I vote for AoA! :) have fun!

5. canadiandisneyfamof4

My math was wrong
    Its $150 more for AOA
    $250 more for CBR

Now I'm starting to think its worth the money for CBR

6. canadiandisneyfamof4

Did it, moved our reservation to CBR. I am very happy with my choice. Nightly rate is $127 which is a good price.

7. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

Don't hate me for the late news, but CBR is by far my least favorite mod resort. It is gigantic, the beds are smaller than any other mod, and it is the least renovated.

Is it too late to switch to POR, POFQ, or CSR?

8. canadiandisneyfamof4

CSR is sold out for when we will be there (has been for months so must be a big convention)

POFQ is not included in the discounts

POR is included, but no standard rooms available so it would be another approx $100 for a water view etc.

Process of elimination has led me to CBR. It's only for 4 nights pre DCL Fantasy Cruise. We will have a rental car for part of the stay so I think we will be ok.

9. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

In that case, It's probably the best decision.