Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

Great trip report. I especially love the picture of your travel companions on the train. I am looking forward to hearing about the 60th celebration activities!

Thanks for sharing this trip with us, Bret. Looks like it was a fun trip with the company you had and the attractions/rides that you did.

Hope you have a great weekend at SJ and Oakland.

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans for the next trip.

Nice that DD4 was able to ride RSR. I always like to see the Aladdin show, so well produced. You got some great close up shots of the Soundsational Parade. It's always sad leaving DL, but at least everyone knows that they will be back again someday.

Great trip report. I especially love the picture of your travel companions on the train. I am looking forward to hearing about the 60th celebration activities!

Thank you TK. The trip was all about DML and DD4 just like the last time we went with them. There were a lot of things we didn't do during the trip but it was a great trip. I did took a lot of pictures of them while I barely got in any pictures. There were times when I was in the pictures with my selfie stick attached to my phone. I am really looking forward to going next month during DL 60th Anniversary.

Thanks for sharing this trip with us, Bret. Looks like it was a fun trip with the company you had and the attractions/rides that you did.

Hope you have a great weekend at SJ and Oakland.

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans for the next trip.

Thank you for following along PiO. These trip reports can be very long from my experience and I am glad that you and others have followed along them over the years. The trip with the extra company was nice and also exhausting. Trying to do everything in the few days we were there was quite short. But we did got a lot done during that time.

I didn't have a good show at Oakland this past weekend where San Jose was way better over Oakland.

Ready to get to late May and enjoy DL 60th Anniversary.

Nice that DD4 was able to ride RSR. I always like to see the Aladdin show, so well produced. You got some great close up shots of the Soundsational Parade. It's always sad leaving DL, but at least everyone knows that they will be back again someday.

It was great that DD4 got to ride RSR. She is quite tall for a 4 1/2 year old and now she is 5. The Aladdin show is great and DAW has to see it every time we are at the DLR. TY. The shots from Soundsational Parade are okay. I am really looking forward to seeing the new Paint the Night parade. I don't know when DML and DD4 will go back but they told me that it will be a long time. As for DAW, she will be going with me when we go in late May.

Sorry! I'm slowly catching up!

It took an hour and ten minutes to get from Sacramento to OC.

Dang must be nice to fly! It wouldn't be worth it for us to fly out of fresno. I'm sure the tickets would be outrageously priced!

DAW was able to purchase park hopper tickets on parksavers.com.

I need to remember this website!

16789331172_9642818ed5_b.jpg

It's crazy how much tickets are beginning to be. :sad2:

Ugh, i'm so sad I haven't been into the parks since they've been released. I think they came out right after we visited. Do you know if they have them at the Starbucks in DTD? They probably don't. And it sucks we'll be right there at DLR and not even going into the parks. Perhaps i'll have someone with an AP buy one for me?? :scratchin

Yay for a selfie!

We started off with a tableside guacamole.

I LOVE their tableside quac! Definitely the best item there.

Ugh, just love these.

we looked at Dumbo, it had a 10 minute wait time which was kind of shocking during that time of the day.

Wow! Yep you never see this wait time ever!

This looks so delicious. STill haven't tried the float (love the dole whip way too much!) but one day maybe when i'm brave:rotfl:

Cute!

until the Mad T Party returns for the summertime

So it is returning in the Summer. I do like the party but can understand how a lot of people don't like it.

She's so cute!

Love these photos.

Okay, for only having half a day, you guys actually did a lot including meet the Main Mouse!

Gorgeous shot! And there's no one in the photo that I can see, even cooler! :jumping3:

I love when they do this too.

Okay, i'll be back to catch up! Babysitting right now and it's lunch time.

This is one reason why I don't ride RSR first thing in the morning since it is not operational and you lose quite a bit of your morning.

Yep it's very hit and miss for sure.

I love Monsters Inc too! And you got some great pictures.

Love the pumpkins they have for this.

Woah sugar overload! :rotfl2:

REally cool! Haven't seen this yet.

Aw love this shot of her :cloud9:

Nice picture of you!

I LOVE the Animation Building! It's nice and cool and just love the clips they show.

Oh no wonder what happened?! Maybe she was just so excited to meet them that she just cried?!

It just shows you that she is excited at one point and scared the next.

Yep, I know this for a fact!

DD4 was excited to ride FLB. I don't like riding spinning rides like the Tea Cups and FLB.

Oh my gosh, FLB went SO fast! When we went in October last year, that was my first time on it and thought I was going to die, but DS had the best time. I usually do good with spinning rides too, but this one nearly killed me :rotfl2:

This is cute!

:scared1: Need this!

he wants to get the hot link corn dog.

OH what the heck!? DH would be beyond thrilled with this option! Have they had this for a while?

DD4 was so excited to be able to ride GSS that afternoon. This was the first most intense ride she rode at the DLR. DD4 wanted to go on more exciting rides. For me, GSS is a good ride but the turns can hurt a little when riding GSS.

It totally does hurt but it's fun especially at the long dip!

See, if you rode you wouldn't have been able to get this great shot of them!

These look delicious!

Oh and this too. You got everything that I would have picked out!

Miss seeing these paper FP's.

Cute shot of Nemo while on IASW!

Around 8:30pm, the queue for both BB and RBT was going and when we were passing by, most of the guests with the regular FP’s are already in the viewing areas. I never imagined that the sides would be all filled up before the center spot. If I ever do F! again in the near future, I am thinking of trying out the regular FP areas. But after seeing where the regular FP areas are, I might have to reconsider.

Wow!

Double woah! That's a lot of people but love that you're sitting and not trying to look over shoulders or kids on shoulders!

And look at the fabulous shots! So you'd recommend doing the BB Dining Package for F!? I haven't seen F! in years because I refuse to stand with the crowds. I'm on the shorter side so it was always difficult to see anything. But with this, i'd consider doing it. Did you say $61 per person right? How much for kids?

Cleared out quick!

Hmm, i'm sure there's got to be a website or something showing what was filming that night.

Gorgeous!

When passing by, I was focus on getting the town of Arendelle.

This is really cool, and i'm not even a Frozen fan.

We waited for some time to get on board the subs since the wait time was about a 20 minute wait.

Shoot, 20 mins is not bad at all for the subs!

Passing by DCA

Now entering the former Condor Flats while it is still under construction where it will be transform to Grizzly Peak. There were a lot of changes to Grizzly Peak when I last saw it in February.

Love seeing the shots from the monorail.

Beautfiul!

:rotfl:

Dang must be nice to fly! It wouldn't be worth it for us to fly out of fresno. I'm sure the tickets would be outrageously priced!

Airlines tickets are quite a lot today. I saw on SWA that going from Sac to OC is at $74 for now which is great.

Ugh, i'm so sad I haven't been into the parks since they've been released. I think they came out right after we visited. Do you know if they have them at the Starbucks in DTD? They probably don't. And it sucks we'll be right there at DLR and not even going into the parks. Perhaps i'll have someone with an AP buy one for me?? :scratchin

Were you able to buy the mugs during your trip last weekend during Alison's birthday bash? I did stop at the DTD Starbucks and they didn't have the DL or DCA which they had a Las Vegas version.

Oh no wonder what happened?! Maybe she was just so excited to meet them that she just cried?!

It was a shame that DD4 wanted to meet Anna and Elsa and all of a sudden she started to get scared and cried when she approached them. And look at the fabulous shots!

So you'd recommend doing the BB Dining Package for F!? I haven't seen F! in years because I refuse to stand with the crowds. I'm on the shorter side so it was always difficult to see anything. But with this, i'd consider doing it. Did you say $61 per person right? How much for kids?

I would recommend the BB dining package if you have never seen F! and you want to see it at the prime location. For me, it was only a one time thing. I wanted to see and experience what the FP experience is like and how much wait time we had to spend in order to be in the designated area. I have seen F! so many times that it is the same show over the last few years and not much has changed (except for taking things out like the Flotsam and Jetsam jet ski). But when I totaled the price of the dinner at the BB which can be from $30 to $50 per person (the regular meal when eating at BB) and you do get the appetizer along with a dessert, the price almost matches the F! dining package. The BB dining location for F! are in the sit down spot which you saw my pictures and it can be good if you don't want to stand and see the show. It will require sitting on the ground unless you have a ECV, stroller or wheelchair and be in the back which we were and it was good to have our ECV's in the back and to be able to sit on them while watching the show. The thing I like about the BB dining package over the other places is that you do get a F! seat cushion which comes with the meal. That sold me over the River Belle Terrace dining package which is about another $20 more to do the BB over the RBT. BB is at $61 per person while the RBT is at $41.99. The kids are $23 and they also get the seat cushion as well which was great which DD4 was able to get one.

For an update of my WDW trip in October, I was able to get airfare tickets from Orlando to Sacramento for $214 which is not that bad. But I am not able to find any good deals going to Orlando from Sacramento right now. So it will be a while unless there is a special airfare rate coming up.

Here is a quick update from my work trip to Las Vegas. Since I was driving to Las Vegas, I decided to make a quick stop at the DLR on Wednesday 20th a couple of days before the 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration. I had to make a stop in SoCal to drop some stuff off to my dads friend who live in SoCal. After dropping the stuff off, I made a quick trip over to the DLR.

I got in SoCal around 2pm which was a little late for me since there were a few accidents on the way to SoCal. I was originally planning to get there around 1pm but with a big accident on 99 around Merced, I had to wait an hour on the highway. But I was able to get to SoCal safely. It was fun to see some of the Diamond Celebration decorations before I go back later next week.

I parked my car at the Mickey and Friends parking structure and the DLR is all set up for the celebration.

I went to DL first to see the decorations including SB Castle all decorated.

There was even 60th merchandise available that day.

The Disney Showcase store was all decorated with a lot of 60th merchandise.

Plus DCA was all decorated as well.

The new Grizzly Peak Airfield was open just a few days ago and i was able to see it as well.

I only stayed in the park for less than 2 hours since I had to leave for Vegas that night. I wasn't able to go on any rides in which it was all observing all the parks and lands with the decorations and the new Grizzly Peak Airfield. It won't be too long until I am back at the DLR in order to go on the new ride and see the new nighttime shows.

I will do updates when I get back to SoCal next week.

Hi!

You always have the nicest photos on your trip reports.

Hi!

You always have the nicest photos on your trip reports.

Hi Michele,

Thank you. It was nice to go for a couple of hours that day. It was quite busy that afternoon.

I soooo wanna experience the 60th year.

The 60th Diamond Celebration is great but there is also a disadvantage of coming just when it started.

I am now back at the DLR for the fifth day of the 60th Diamond when it started on May 22nd and the crowds are quite heavy today. I am already staking my spot for Paint the Night parade tonight on MS and there eere already people waiting for the 8:50pm parade and I got there around 6:20pm. The streets of MS are already filled and I am at the back of the rope off area. Talk about a crazy day today where the park was busy.

17522489663_5808af6314_b.jpg

I wasn't able to go on any rides today since I was looking for popcorn buckets today from the new Mickey shape ballon bucket which there are three (purple, red, and blue). DL also has the Cinderella pumpkin coach bucket which was nice to get. I also did some shopping at the stores to get the new 60th merchandise. When I looked at the wait times and they were quite long from HM to 50 minutes, Indy 50, Space 50, you know what I mean which looks like summer crowds. With the SoCal AP's not block out today might have cause the heavy crowds at DL today for them to see the new nighttime shows.

I'm sad to hear it's so busy out there. I was hoping to go out there in a week or two before school gets out.

Hi Michele,

Thank you. It was nice to go for a couple of hours that day. It was quite busy that afternoon.

The 60th Diamond Celebration is great but there is also a disadvantage of coming just when it started.

I am now back at the DLR for the fifth day of the 60th Diamond when it started on May 22nd and the crowds are quite heavy today. I am already staking my spot for Paint the Night parade tonight on MS and there eere already people waiting for the 8:50pm parade and I got there around 6:20pm. The streets of MS are already filled and I am at the back of the rope off area. Talk about a crazy day today where the park was busy.

17522489663_5808af6314_b.jpg

I wasn't able to go on any rides today since I was looking for popcorn buckets today from the new Mickey shape ballon bucket which there are three (purple, red, and blue). DL also has the Cinderella pumpkin coach bucket which was nice to get. I also did some shopping at the stores to get the new 60th merchandise. When I looked at the wait times and they were quite long from HM to 50 minutes, Indy 50, Space 50, you know what I mean which looks like summer crowds. With the SoCal AP's not block out today might have cause the heavy crowds at DL today for them to see the new nighttime shows.

It's hard to enjoy the parks when they're that busy.

I'm sad to hear it's so busy out there. I was hoping to go out there in a week or two before school gets out.

Maybe you guys can slip a quick trip in?

Hi Bret, so excited to see the pictures you posted of the Diamond Celebration and the new Condor Flats! I like the new Soarin' sign too. Have a great time!

Maybe you guys can slip a quick trip in?

We're less than half an hour away. The problem is Fran's mobility. She is having issues with her arthritis meds. We thought it was over but now we have another chapter starting tomorrow when we see the arthritis doctor again.

We're less than half an hour away. The problem is Fran's mobility. She is having issues with her arthritis meds. We thought it was over but now we have another chapter starting tomorrow when we see the arthritis doctor again.

I know you're real close. I'm sorry to hear about Fran. That's rough! It's hard when you can't get relief. I hope that her Dr gets her some real relief.

It is okay. I knew when coming this early after the opening on the 22nd. I forgot about the Grad Nite people along with the locals and regular guests. So that played in the larger crowds yesterday where the guests were staking out spots for the 8:50pm Paint the Night parade. The parade and Disneyland Forever fireworks were amazing.

It's hard to enjoy the parks when they're that busy.

It is but I could always come later when the crowds are light but I like to be there when something is new.

Hi Bret, so excited to see the pictures you posted of the Diamond Celebration and the new Condor Flats! I like the new Soarin' sign too. Have a great time!

Hi TK. Glad you like the pictures from the Diamond Celebration and Grizzly Peak Airfield. Condor Flats is now part of Yesterland and now it is part of Grizzly Peak land. Thank you. If you don't include the heavy crowds yesterday, I am having a great time.

Here is another quick update from the trip. Right now, I am resting after a nice day at the parks.

From my last update last night, I got a spot for the 8:50pm Paint the Night parade. I had to wait about 2 1/2 hours yesterday night in order to see the first parade. There were people already staking out a spot on MS at least 6pm or earlier. It was crazy that night where it was hard to get a spot that night. I have staked out spots for the parade when Mickey's Soundsational Parade debut in 2011 and I got a spot with about 2 hours to go until the parade. But with Paint the Night pushed it even further. Maybe it was due when it was on a weekend and not on a Tuesday where the local AP holders were not blocked out that day. I didn't mind waiting for the parade but it was difficult when I am solo where I can't leave my area to use the restroom. So I ate early and went to the restroom until I got my spot where i was going to wait at least 3 hours until Disneyland Forever fireworks was over.

Here are some pictures that I took last night from Paint the Night parade.

18147452712_f6a0084ab3_b.jpg

18152098731_093e4e0726_b.jpg

17963269710_90c67c3e93_b.jpg

17963257560_3138b44db4_b.jpg

18152072041_d577bf81b0_b.jpg

18147401792_c1536bb03e_b.jpg

17528315284_14cf4bd0a4_b.jpg

17530335803_358dd82798_b.jpg

17964669839_cbbeb33384_b.jpg

18152020121_5969e1f7e1_b.jpg

18124403216_cf95b43ee2_b.jpg

18124398046_48fde64cff_b.jpg

18124392396_74e325c4d5_b.jpg

18150873555_a0c95ec6a8_b.jpg

18151980241_f7c3f00ed6_b.jpg

18147318122_0a61b81fb0_b.jpg

My first impression of the new nighttime parade at DL is amazing. I am a fan of the Main Street Electrical Parade that used to be at DL and DCA (which is now at the MK at WDW). The lights were bright and interacts with the shows. Also the Glow with the Show ears, wand, paint brush, etc. interact with show when a float pasts by. The characters are great and of course they had a Frozen float which is very nice. I have watched the Paint the Night parade online when it was at HKDL. But when seeing it in person is even better.

If you plan on seeing the parade, I would get there early at least 2 hours for a good spot and on MS. The other thing is that when the parade is over, you have to go on the streets of MS and be in position to see Disneyland Forever fireworks just a few minutes after the parade pasts by. This is one reason why I stayed on MS to watch the fireworks instead of watching it from the Hub like I usually do for the fireworks.

The next posts will have pictures and thoughts of Disneyland Forever fireworks.

Here are pictures from Disneyland Forever fireworks after the 8:50pm Paint the Night parade. This is why I chose to watch the parade from MS by the buildings since the show will interact on MS. I haven't seen the images from Matterhorn and will think about that later on during another upcoming trip to DL.

Once again, I did the long exposure shots with my camera instead of taking pictures of the building. I did use my iPhone to take pictures of the buildings.
18150845445_688244ea28_b.jpg

17964602019_cba0fa77c6_b.jpg

18150833265_08ebb6d25b_b.jpg

17964590709_8bc7b4b942_b.jpg

Projection images on the buildings on MS.
18170733642_3a0ec9bcf9_b.jpg

17986627100_081237e9c5_b.jpg

17988111929_14586a0096_b.jpg

17551364084_dde6240087_b.jpg

The new Disneyland Forever fireworks is great where you don't have to be in front of SB Castle to see the fireworks and get the full effect. With the buildings that project on the facade is a great addition for the guests who are on MS. It was a good idea that I stayed on MS to watch the fireworks and see the effect. There were some characters that were flying in the air which was Tinker Belle and Nemo which was great. The buildings on MS also showed coral reefs during the Little Mermaid scene.

Do I think that this show is better then RDCT, I would say no. RDCT is by far more superior over Disneyland Forever but it is a nice new addition with the latest technology in entertainment and fireworks.

I plan on seeing World of Color - Celebrate tonight which is also a new show starring Neal Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse. I will have picture later that night or when I get back home to Sacramento.

You make me absolutely WANT to get there this year to check out both the parade and the fireworks show.

I suspect that Paint the Light will be one of those absolutely hits where Disney is concerned. It is drawing rave reviews in HKDL and I had originally thought I would see it there. Maybe I'll have to push for a trip to DLR afterall. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!