Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

Beautiful, Bret.

Looks like perfect photo-taking weather!!

Thank you PiO.

It was coming down that Sunday night and it was a perfect photo-taking day at the parks. It has been a long time since I have seen the park so empty that night. You would have enjoyed taking pictures at the park that night.

Wow! That place emptied out quick. We were home watching the Oscars. Not that we'd seen any of the movies other than Into the Woods. But we were happy just to not be outside in the rain!

It was quiet that night. Looks like a lot of the locals were not there that night since it was coming down that night around 9pm. DAF didn't like being outside in the rain but I did quite enjoyed it where I was able to take some nice nighttime photos. I don't like water rides like GRR, but I had my rain gear on along with my equipment so my stuff didn't get wet.

It will be about 8 more days until my next trip back to the DLR on Sunday March 8th to Tuesday March 10th. It wasn't too long ago since I was at the DLR last Sunday February 22nd to Monday 23rd. This upcoming trip will be with DAW (not DAF who was with me during the trip last week), DD4 and me. But now, DD4 mom (DML) will be joining along with us for the trip. This will be nice that DML will be joining the three of us for the trip. So everything will be fun and exciting for the trip next weekend.

Here is a quick update of what we are planning on doing during the trip. The four of us will be flying down to Orange County on Sunday and take the Super Shuttle to our hotel which will be at Best Western Park Place Inn.

We plan on seeing all the different Frozen Fun activities from the Sing-Along, M&G with Anna and Elsa along with Olaf, SLCB with the town of Arendelle that was added in December. There were some things that I didn't see during my trip last week since we only had less than a day at the parks. We will go it by ears of what other rides, shows and character M&G to do during the trip.

We are planning on having dinner at the Blue Bayou on Monday at 5:10pm for the Fantasmic! dinner package. I have seen F! a lot of times and this will be the first time to try out the FP system which we will be watching the show in the center spot at the ground sitting spot at the Rivers of America. We might add another sit down restaurant during the trip which DAW is thinking of eating at Tortilla Jo's for dinner. DAW and I have ate there back in 2013 since she loves Mexican food so this might be a good place to have dinner during the trip.

This is our plans for now during the trip next week and will be updated later on when we get closer.

Here is the second quick update from the trip last weekend with DAF and I.

Day 2 - February 22nd, 2015
This was one quick trip which DAF and I are here for less than one day at the parks. It has been a long time since I was at the park for less than 1 day. But it was nice to come down for a quick trip and get away from everything. DAF and I have been busy with work and this was a nice time to go down for a quick get away.

It was the last day of the trip and we weren't going to be in SoCal that long that day in which we were planning on hitting the road around 2pm from SoCal and back to NorCal.

We got to sleep in long that Monday since the parks didn't open till 10am. I really don't like to go to the parks when it opens at 10am which most of the guests will be showing up at the parks when it opens at 10am.

When it was around 9:30am, we packed all of our bags in our car and we checked out of Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites. The BWRI&S was not a bad hotel which we only got it for $70 total with parking, tax, etc. DAF told me that she wouldn't stay there again. I agree with her as well since we like to stay close to the DLR with a short walking distance. The reason is that we don't like to depend on the ART buses since they can take some time to get on and go to our stop. During the trip, we had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus and took another 10 minutes to go around till our stop which was 30 minutes.

When we got to the DLR that morning around 9:50am, the security check point at the transportation area was long that morning where guests were waiting to go through the security check-in area to enter the Esplanade. We had to wait about 6 minutes to go through the queue.

We went to DCA first over DL since there were huge lines to enter DL where the lines were close to the Monorail columns.

The first thing we did was to get FP's for the Anna & Elsa meet & greet at the Animation Building. Most of the guests that were in the park headed straight on over to CL to get FP's or go on the ride that morning. There were other guests heading on over to Hollywood Land to get in line for the Olaf M&G or Frozen Sing-Along.

The Anna & Elsa M&G FP machines were on the outside on portable stands that disperse the FP's that day. We were able to get two FP's around 11pm. The good thing about the FP's for Anna & Elsa M&G is that the FP's aren't connected to the ride system. What it means is that this is like the FP's for World of Color and Fantasmic! where you are able to get another FP like a ride like RSR or the Frozen Sing-Along.

After getting the FP's, we head on over to the Frozen Sing-Along to get FP's that morning as well.

We head on over to Paradise Pier to ride Toy Story Midway Mania, but the wait time was already at 30 minutes so we just didn't ride it. We also got to see Paradise Pier lagoon almost dried up while there is work being done on the WoC platform.

We didn't stay at DCA that long that morning since we did mostly everything. So we head straight on over to DL.

When we got on over there, it was a little busy that morning. The first thing we did was to get FP's for Storytelling at the Royal Theatre for Frozen. There is now FP's for a show at DL just like at DCA with the Frozen Sing-Along. DLR has two shows that have FP's that are connected to the ride system so by getting a FP for the Frozen Storytelling. To get the FP's for the Frozen Storytelling, it is located right at the Hub.

After getting the FP's, we had time to go on one ride that morning and what better ride to do that morning is my favorite at the DLR which is the Monorail. We were able to ride up front that morning and I was able to get all these different photos of the construction that is going on at DCA and DL.

Condor Flats is now gone and will be replaced with Grizzly Peark Airfield.

When we head on back to DL, Matterhorn Mountain was also under refurbishment and won't be back up till May.

After getting off the Monorail, we started to head on out of the park and we looked at all the different construction walls that were up at Fantasyland.

Backside of Sleeping Beauty Castle all covered up

Snow White Grotto under refurbishment as well.

The front of SB Castle

We were able to see the Snow Queens Art of Ice in the hall way of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln that had art work from the Movie Frozen.

The two of us left the park around 12:00 pm and we head on the ART back to BWRI&S. We hit the road at 12:30pm. We picked up my dad at his friends house in LA around 2pm. Than we head on back to Sacramento. We didn't get out of LA until 4pm since there was an accident on Highway 405. We got back to Sacramento at 10pm that Monday night. This concludes the February quick trip.

It was nice to go to the DLR for a short time. Now that this trip is over, I have the next in a week. I will have updates of what we will be doing during the trip. So stay tune for the next updates for the March trip.

That's a lot of refurb!

There was a lot of refurbishment going on during my trip from SB Castle, Snow White Grotto, Matterhorn, Splash, Hungry Bear restaurant, Winnie Pooh ride, WoC, etc. which you can tell that is a lot of rides, shows and restaurants down in February. It wasn't that bad as I have thought with all the refurb. It was a nice time for just less than half a full day at the parks.

Day 1 – March 8th, 2015 – Part 1

Flying Down instead of Driving and back at the Happiest Place on Earth​

It is now time for the first day of our trip “Flying Back Down with DD4 and Mom” to Disneyland in March. During this trip DAW and I will be going to the DLR with DD4 and DML (mom). They went with us during the January 2013 DD2 First Trip at the Happiest Place on Earth which was DD4 first time going to the DLR and DML third time in her life at the DLR. Now it has been over two years and now DD4 is now 4 and a half years old which she was 2 back during the 2013 trip. They will be going back to the DLR with us.

Originally it was supposed to be just DAW, DD4 and me but DML was able to get off work and was able to get the $49 deal on Southwest Airlines which we were able to get during our trip. We were excited that DML was able to join us during our trip in March.

When DML was able to come along with us, I had to upgrade our room at Best Western Park Place Inn to a 2 Queen Bedroom with a Sofa Bed. Originally we selected the 2 Double Bedroom for the three of us. SO it did make sense to upgrade to the 2 Queen room since we had four people with us.

DML had some trouble walking lately since our last trip and she needed an ECV for the trip. DAW uses an ECV during the trips like every other time so they had two ECV’s to use for the trip which helps out both of them to maneuver at the DLR.

This is very interesting part of the trip to the DLR with DD4. DD4 remember most of the trip when we went during the January 2013 and she was so excited to go back down. When she knew that we were going to the DLR in March, she couldn’t stop talking about it with her family & friends.

It was the day of the trip in which we were planning on flying down to SoCal instead of driving. I mostly never like to fly since I drive most of the time when I go to SoCal. But DAW didn’t want to drive down to SoCal and we were able to get great deals on SWA for $49 one way which is a really good deal. The only problem that we didn’t get is the early flight to SoCal. The one that had the $49 one way was at 1pm. The earlier times were twice as much so it makes sense to buy the cheaper one and lose half of the day. DAW likes to get to the airport early just in case if something happens when we get to Sacramento International Airport.

I was picked up by Cousin C to get DAW, DML and DD4. It was nice of him to take the four of us to SIA.

We got to SIA around 10am and our flight was at 1pm. I really like to fly SWA since it is a reasonable price and all the seat assignment are the same where we can sit anywhere we want.

Our flight was heading on over to John Wayne Airport Orange County which is one of the closest cities to the DLR. I have flown to OC a lot of times in the past and it is nice to fly to OC over LAX which I don’t like to go since it is so busy and takes a while to the DLR.

We were waiting at SIA for our flight. All three of them are looking forward to the trip.

It took an hour and ten minutes to get from Sacramento to OC. When we got off the plane, we head on down to get our baggage and head on over towards the SuperShuttle area. I was suggesting DAW to use the Disney Express Bus but DAW wanted to use the SuperShuttle instead. It took a while for the SuperShuttle to pick us up and take us over to our hotel which was BWPPI.

We rode the SuperShuttle to BWPPI but we had to stop a few times since there were other people riding the bus that day. I always enjoy staying at BWPPI because of its location to the DLR which is the closets non-Disney hotel.

We got to BWPPI around 3:30pm which was really quick from John Wayne Airport. When we check-in at the front desk, our room was ready and we stayed in a 2 Queen bedroom with a sofa bed. I used the sofa bed while they used the other queen beds. Also we have ordered two ECV’s to use for the trip which DAW and DML was able to use them. It was a good thing that we had two ECV’s to use since it would be hard for DML to walk around the DLR.

After we checked in to our room and unpacked all our bags, we started to head on out of BWPPI and head on over to the DLR that afternoon. It was before 4pm which we left the hotel and on over to the DLR.

The first thing we did was to get the tickets for DML and DD4. DAW was able to purchase park hopper tickets on parksavers.com. We were fortunate to get the PH tickets before the price increase which happened during my February 2015 trip with DAF. We were able to get the old price just in time for the trip. The problem that we had that afternoon was that we forgot to print out the voucher for the tickets. So we were forced to go through the tickets booths to get the tickets. This used up a lot of our park time that day in which we spent about half an hour to go through the queue to get them. This almost felt like going through a regular line to get on a ride.

The new park tickets prices that were up since late February.

DML and DD4 all looking happy to go to the parks that day.

After getting the tickets at the ticket booth, we first head on over to DCA to get FP’s for the Frozen Sing-Along show. I have done the same thing during the February trip in which we went to DCA first to see the show and to able to come back later that night to see the show.
upload_2015-3-12_22-25-18.png

All of the Frozen Fun signs were still up which Disney is promoting it a lot during the off season.
upload_2015-3-12_22-25-52.png

upload_2015-3-12_22-25-57.png

When I went on over to the Frozen Sing-Along to get the FP’s, we got the 9pm show. I was disappointed that we got the 9pm show since we were planning on watching Fantasy in the Sky fireworks that night but that all changed when we got the 9pm FP’s. So we decided not to watch the fireworks that night since we were able to get the FP’s for the Frozen Sing-Along.

While we were in DCA, we had dinner at Tortilla Jo’s at 5:30pm. So it was almost close to have dinner that night at Downtown Disney. But before we head on over to Tortilla Joe’s that night, we head on over to Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café which actually sells Starbucks drinks at DCA. The reason we went on over there was to get the new DCA Starbucks mugs that are so popular online. I was able to get a few mugs that day in which they are nice. I am not a coffee drinker but the mugs are very nice to have.
upload_2015-3-12_22-24-24.png

I still have to go on over to DL and get the DL Starbucks mugs at the Market House. But we plan on getting those later when we go to DL.

After leaving DCA, we head on over to Tortilla Jo’s for dinner, but DD4 wanted to play right next to the fountains and I was able to get a picture of her right next to one the fountain’s.
upload_2015-3-12_22-24-15.png

DAW and I have ate at Tortilla Jo’s back during the December 2013 trip and she wanted to eat at this place again. But during the times in 2014, we had no time to head on over to Tortilla Joe’s. So this time she was determine to eat at this place again.

DML, DD4 and DAW in Tortilla Jo’s for dinner.

I am mostly never in any of the pictures during the trip report but I was able to get a selfie that day.
16768985051_0650dae640_b.jpg

We were seated in less than 5 minutes. Good thing that I made a reservation at 5:30pm or we would have wait a while to be seated.

The menu. So much to choose from.
16789306251_2e9057b47f_b.jpg

DML had a margarita.

We started off with a tableside guacamole.

I ordered the Chile Verde

DAW got an enchilada with a taco, DML had the fish tacos and DD4 had two crunchy tacos.

Dinner was great. DAW enjoyed it the most since she loves Mexican food. DML, DD4 and I also enjoyed dinner that night and it was a good thing that we made a reservation at Tortilla Jo’s during the trip.

After having dinner at Tortilla Jo’s, it was now time to head on over to DL that night. When we got in DL that night around 7pm, we first headed on over towards the Market House to get the DL Starbucks Mugs.

When we went on over to the Market House, I was able to pick up the DL Starbucks Mugs. I was happy that I was able to get the DL/DCA Starbucks mugs that day. I don’t drink coffee but the mugs do look so amazing that I had to get them.
16744259326_c9c3003e55_b.jpg

When we got the mugs at the Market House, we head straight on towards Sleeping Beauty Castle. It was so nice to see SB Castle all finished up after when it was tarp during my February trip. When I look closely at the castle, it was all nicely painted and looks good. Even though it isn’t completed yet until the 60th Anniversary comes in May.

The first ride we went on at DL was Dumbo. DD4 loves Dumbo and King Arthur Carousel. But KAC wait time was so long that it wasn’t worth it. So when we looked at Dumbo, it had a 10 minute wait time which was kind of shocking during that time of the day. DML and DD4 went on Dumbo while DAW and I waited.

After they rode on Dumbo, we head straight on over to It’s a Small World since this is one of DD4 rides that she wanted to go on. When we approached IASW, the ride wait time was at 15 minutes which wasn’t that bad but when we looked closer on the phones and see that we had to go on over to DCA to see the 9pm Frozen Sing-Along show, we had to leave. DD4 was disappointed but we told her that we will have the opportunity to go on IASW later during the trip.

Just when we were about to leave DL and head on over to DCA, DML wanted to get the Dole Whip Float which she has been craving since we arrived. SO we went on over to the Tiki Juice Bar in Adventureland to see what the wait time is like to get a Dole Whip. Luckily the wait time was only 5 minutes and we went in line to get two of them. DML was so happy and excited to get a Dole Whip Float that night. And of course, I had to get one as well.

We head straight on over to DCA while having the Dole Whip floats that night. The park was not that busy that night but I can tell that Sunday’s at the DLR are always busy since DL opens till midnight and DCA at 10pm.

)Continue to the Next Post[/url]​

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-12_22-24-32.png
    upload_2015-3-12_22-24-32.png
    440.3 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2015-3-12_22-24-49.png
    upload_2015-3-12_22-24-49.png
    608.3 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2015-3-12_22-24-56.png
    upload_2015-3-12_22-24-56.png
    445 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2015-3-12_22-25-2.png
    upload_2015-3-12_22-25-2.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2015-3-12_22-26-9.png
    upload_2015-3-12_22-26-9.png
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Last Installment of the Trip Report

Day 1 – March 8th, 2015 – Part 2

For the First Time to Play in the Snow and Sing Along with Anna & Elsa​

After being in Disneyland for a while, now we are now on back to Disney California Adventure in order to see the 9pm “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration”. I didn’t want to see the 9pm Frozen Sing-Along show since I wanted to see Fantasy in the Sky fireworks that night since it was the only night to see the fireworks. But I was able to see it during the February trip and it is not about me but the other members of my party so I had to forget about the fireworks that night and go with them to the Frozen Sing-Along show.

We were walking on over to Hollywood Land to get to the show but DD4 wanted to get a picture right next to the Frozen Fun sign right at Buena Vista Street so I had to get her.

DML got in the picture with DD4

The Frozen Fun event “Freeze the Night” where the former Mad T Party is being held until mid May is happening that night. It won’t be too long until the Frozen Fun event will be done in mid May until the Mad T Party returns for the summertime. I am not a huge fan of those party events at Hollywood Land which used to be the Glow Fest, ElecTRONica, Mad T Party and the Freeze the Night. For people that like to partying a lot, I can understand that but this not for me or the rest of my party members.

It wasn’t time to head on over to the Crown Jewel theatre to see the show so we decided to head on over to Olaf’s Snow Fest so DD4 can play in the snow. There wasn’t time to see Olaf since it would require a lot of wait time and they weren’t accepting walk up people to see Olaf that night.

It wasn’t too long until since I was in Olaf’s Snow Fest in February. It is a nice place to play in the snow, get treats and to be able to meet Olaf. DAW and DML didn’t go with me and DD4 in the snow.

DD4 was having a fun time playing in the snow especially with the snow balls in the fountain. There were times where she threw snow at me and I was trying to make sure that she didn’t hit my camera.

We finished playing in the snow and was back outside looking around the Freeze the Night event until we head on over to the Crown Jewel theatre. It was a little busy that night where there were a lot of people dancing at the stage area for the Freeze the Night.

While we were walking around, we saw Marshmallow on the backside. I asked if DD4 wanted to get a picture with Marshmallow but she was scared and didn’t want to get a picture with him.

It was time to head on over to the Crown Jewel Theatre to see the 9pm show of “For the First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration show. We showed up about 10 minutes until the show started since we were lucky to get FP’s earlier that day and had to wait a short time.

The walkway was all decorated with the Arendelle things.

When we were about to enter the Crown Jewel Theatre, I told DML and DD4 to move up closer to the stage since they will be able to see the show better than being in the back since we had the two ECV’s. So DML and DD4 were able to get third row seats in the middle while DAW and I were at the back of the theatre.

The show started at 9pm and it was time. This was my second time seeing the show while it was the first time for DAW, DML and DD4. Before the trip, DAW told me to get the shows, meet and greets from the movie Frozen and this was one of them. I was hoping that we would have been able to see the 7:15pm show that night but with getting the park hopper tickets late that day pushed back the time to 9pm.

The official Arendelle historian made an appearance first followed by Anna.

The show played songs and scenes from the movie ‘Frozen’ which was nice to sing along like “Do you Want Build a Snowman”, “For the First Time in Forever”, “Love is an Open Door”, “Let It Go” and “In Summer”.

Even Kristoff was in the show as well along with the apprentice Arendelle historian.

And of course, you can’t have the movie Frozen without Queen Elsa.

After the show was over, DD4 was getting a little tired and it was time to head on back to the room to call it for the night. DD4 was so excited to see the Frozen Sing-Along show that night and can’t believe she was able to see both Anna and Elsa. She was wondering where was Olaf and Sven. But DML told DD4 that they were next door at Olaf’s Snow Fest and couldn’t make the show. DD4 was disappointed that they were not there during the show but we knew that they weren’t part of it.

When we were heading out of the park and back to BWPPI, DD4 wanted to get a picture with Mickey. So we head on over towards Mickey where he was at the Elias & Company store area. We had to wait awhile to get a picture with Mickey that night. DD4 was happy to get a picture with Mickey.

When we got a picture with Mickey, we head on out of DCA and at the Esplanade. But before we head on back to the room, I wanted to get a picture of the front of DCA with my new toy that I purchased before the trip. I bought a Joby gorillapod which is another alternative to take pictures without using my MeFoto tripod. I was able to get one picture that night.

Just when we were about to leave, there was a CM drawing on the walkway. I always enjoy the CM’s that do drawing of Disney characters on the walkway. She drew Baymax from “Big Hero 6”.

After seeing the picture on the walkway, we head straight back to BWPPI to call it for the night. It was a little tough for DD4 that day since she wasn’t able to get her regular naptime during the middle of the day since we flown from Sac to OC that afternoon. We weren’t able to let her take a nap when we got to the hotel since we had other things to do that day and night. We were impressed with DD4 behavior. But there were times where she was a little out of control. But that is what a 4 year old is like without a break during the day.

We went to bed around midnight which was really late for DD4 but she was out like a log. This concludes the first day of the trip and will be our important day on Monday the 9th.

What great pictures to start this trip off.

Looks like the flight worked out well.
The coffee mugs are wonderful. Now I wish I had one!!! Bwa ha ha ha ah! Although...I seriously couldn't fit another mug in my cupboards.
DD4 is even more adorable now than the last time you took pictures of her.
I like your pictures of the Frozen Sing-a-long better this trip. Hope you're happier with them.
Nice to see the castle again.

Looking forward to seeing more.

What great pictures to start this trip off.

Looks like the flight worked out well.
The coffee mugs are wonderful. Now I wish I had one!!! Bwa ha ha ha ah! Although...I seriously couldn't fit another mug in my cupboards.
DD4 is even more adorable now than the last time you took pictures of her.
I like your pictures of the Frozen Sing-a-long better this trip. Hope you're happier with them.
Nice to see the castle again.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you PiO. Some of the pictures were okay but I wasn't that satisfy with the pictures. You have seen the pictures where they had that ugly black spot which ruined some of the pictures during the daytime shots.

The flight from Sac to OC went well. It would have been nice if we went around in the morning and would have extra time at the DLR. But we did quite a bit that day.

The DL/DCA Starbucks mugs are very nice. I was able to bring back a few mugs from the trip in my suitcase. I would have bought a lot more if I drove to SoCal. But I was happy of getting them this time.

She is adorable and it was fun to go with her and DML during the trip. It was easily to have DML with us instead of not having her which was our original trip.

The pictures turned out better this time with the background not that bad. But there were times where the auto focusing was tricky with the background.

It was nice to see SB Castle all finished. I can't wait to see it when it gets the diamonds for the 60th anniversary in two months.

Last edited:
Also a note on the possible trip to WDW in October 2014. I called and see if the Sheraton Vistana Resort (where I have stayed my last 4 trips) had any rooms available and it was open on the week that I am thinking of going. So I booked the week of Oct. 16th to 23rd (Friday to Friday). I had some points to use this year and what other place to use it for a trip to WDW. Now that is settled, I will have to look for flights to Orlando (MCO) International Airport. Right now, I am thinking of going with Southwest Airlines. I have done United and SWA in the past but we will see what rates are available.

Right now, the people that will be going is just me and DAF. My DB and his GF V were originally on going but V had school that week and she couldn't go and DB said the same thing without her. It would be nice to go with other people but if we can't find anyone in our family or friends that wants to go, it will be the two of us.

Now when my DL PAP expires, I will have to renew the the PAP and upgrade to the Premier AP during my DL trip. I am looking forward to going back to WDW during the Halloween season & Food & Wine Festival which I experienced it back in 2012 and can't stop thinking about going back.

Will be back to read the other updates

This is a gorgeous shot!

And this one is perfect. Is there absolutely no one in the area?!

So pretty!

Condor Flats is now gone and will be replaced with Grizzly Peark Airfield.

Okay, so i'm CLEARLY out of the loop with DLR since I really don't have an actual trip planned. But what the heck! So much refurbs going on and all at once! I never even heard about the whole Condor Flats area being demolished. Is it all for the new Soarin'?

Will be back to read the other updates

This is a gorgeous shot!

And this one is perfect. Is there absolutely no one in the area?!

So pretty!

Okay, so i'm CLEARLY out of the loop with DLR since I really don't have an actual trip planned. But what the heck! So much refurbs going on and all at once! I never even heard about the whole Condor Flats area being demolished. Is it all for the new Soarin'?

Thank you @Leshaface. Most of those nighttime shots were done when it was raining like crazy that day. The park was so empty around 9:30pm that you would never have imagine. The one with the Matterhorn in the shot, there were some people but they weren't not showing in the picture. I set up my tripod while it was raining and set it to long exposure and you can barely see the people in the picture.

I would consider going to the DLR after May 22nd for the 60th Anniversary. I plan on going a few days after May 22nd for the new nighttime shows and updated rides. There was a lot of refurbs going on during my trip in February as well as my trip last week (March 8 - 10). During January through March is the times when the DLR is doing all these different refurbs. During the February trip, there was so much refurbs going on and you can tell that the DLR is getting ready for DL 60th Anniversary. Condor Flats is being refurb and the new name will be called "Grizzly Peak Airfield. Here is the website on the Disney Park Blog. From what I have read about Soarin and the updates, it will be new screen and projection system.

Day 2 – March 9th, 2015 – Part 1

A Change of the Plans that Morning
After a nice day at the parks on Sunday night. Even though there were a lot of changes to my original plans that day, we were able to enjoy a great day at the DLR. Now as the second day of the trip and it was our full day.

Since the parks didn't open until 9am, we didn't have to get up early like 6am when the parks opens at 8am. But we were able to sleep in until 7am that morning. Everyone slept well that night but DAW didn't like the beds of how they were hard. Mostly I don't have any problems with the beds since I slept on the sofa bed. DD4 was out instantly when she was put to bed. I was impressed that DD4 was able to stay up for most of Sunday without taking a nap during the day. That was great and also a concern as well since she can be crabby when she doesn't get a afternoon nap. We'll just wait and see how she responds that morning to the afternoon.

Before we head on over to the parks, we went to have breakfast on the second level of Captain Kidd's restaurant. The restaurant was getting renovated in the front where it was open during the day. The food on the upper level of Captain Kidd's is not that special which is continental breakfast from cereal, bagels, toast, steam waffles, sausage, potatoes, and scrambled eggs. This is not considered real food which is mostly from a box. So if you want to eat a real meal, go somewhere off-site or on-site at the DLR.

After finishing breakfast, we started to head on out and over to the DLR. At least the parks were opening at 9am instead of 10am which I don't like to go the parks when it opens at 10am. The reason is that most of the guests at the hotels will be up and finished breakfast and will be heading in all at once.

Just when we passed by the security check point, we head straight on over to Disney California Adventure. We were planning on getting Radiator Springs Racers fastpass and after that getting FP for the Anna & Elsa meet & greet at the Animation Building. DAW and DML wanted to get DD4 to be able to meet Anna and Elsa during the Frozen Fun event at DCA. Of course, we had to get FP's for RSR since DAW loves this ride.

When we first entered DCA, I head straight on over towards the Carthay Circle Theater which is where the RSR FP line starts if you are not there first thing in the morning during the rope drop. I told my party members to go on over towards Hollywood Land since I was getting the FP's for RSR and I was planning on going on over in that direction next.

When I got close to the CCT, there was no line right next to the theater and no line towards A Bug's Land area. For that, I knew that the ride was down and the Cast Members were not letting any guests go through the FP line until the ride was up and running. This is one reason why I don't ride RSR first thing in the morning since it is not operational and you lose quite a bit of your morning.

So, I head on over towards the Anna & Elsa M&G FP machines which was right outside on the sidewalk by the Animation Building. Luckily, there weren't that many people getting the FP's so it was a quick walk-up. I was able to get the FP's around noon which was a good thing. Noted that the FP's for Anna and Elsa M&G is not connected to the FP system which I was able to get another FP for another ride or show.

Just when I got the FP's, I head on over towards the Frozen Sing-Along theater to get FP's for the show. We were able to see it on Sunday night but I wanted to get it just in case if they wanted to go and see it again that day.

After getting the Frozen Sing-Along FP's, I met up with them right at Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue. DD4 loves Monsters Inc. and wanted to go on the ride. With only a 5 minute wait time or less when you go through the queue, it made sense since we were there.

I was able to get some pictures during the ride but there were times where my camera was out of focus and not focusing on the shot. During the ride, DD4 was not that scared of the ride which when she rode it back in January 2013 that she was scared. That was when she was 2 1/2 and now she is 4 1/2.

Mike is losing his mind over somehting

DD4 was so happy that we were able to ride Monsters Inc. that morning as the first ride of the day. I told them that RSR was down that morning and we would go by to see if the FP is up and running.

After getting off Monsters Inc., we head straight on over to see if the FP's for RSR is open. When we got there around 9:30am, the FP queue was still not open and the CM's told the guests that it would be a while until they let the guests in the queue for the FP's.

Since we were right by ABL, we head straight on over to see the sneak peek of Disney Cinderella at the ABL theater. I was able to see the movie on Monday and glad that I was able to see Cinderella s well as Frozen Fever. I don't know why but I still can't stop thinking about the song from Frozen Fever "Making Today a Perfect Day". I was able to see the sneak peek during the February trip with DAF and I knew that I wanted to see the sneak peek again until the movie came out. DD4 loves the original Cinderella and she was looking forward to seeing part of the clip from the movie.

After seeing the clip, DD4 told DML that she wants to see the movie now but it wasn't out just yet which was a few days after. DML told me that they went to see it last Friday where I was able to see it on Monday. I would have seen it on Friday last week but I had a funeral to go.

After the movie, DAW and DML needed coffee and what better place to have coffee instead of Starbucks is at Ghiarardelli. They had coffee while I didn't get anything since I don't drink coffee.

DD4 was happy which she got some kind of chocolate drink as well as cotton candy.

While they were enjoying their drinks, I had to get some pictures of the new entrance to the Bourdin Sourdough Bakery Tour. It had a nice new entrance along with the vehicle.

After they were almost finished with their drinks, it was time to head on over to our next ride that afternoon. I look quickly towards the RSR FP queue and see if it was up and running. No luck and it was down. I knew that there must be something wrong if the FP queue is not opened around 10am that morning. So we head on over to our next ride which was around Paradise Pier. Stay tune for the next update.

Last edited:

Day 2 – March 9th, 2015 – Part 2
Going Under the Sea
After getting drinks at Ghirardelli at the Pacific Wharf, our next ride that morning was The Little Mermaid Ariel's Undersea Adventure. This is a nice ride that DAW likes when we come to DCA. So it does make sense to go on that ride.
16828270652_7bd33d6bb4_b.jpg

DD4 loves The Little Mermaid but she would rather go on a ride that features Frozen or Cinderella. Unfortunately, there are no rides for those two movies. But there are shows that features those movies. DML loves The Little Mermaid and she remembers riding it back in 2013.

It was less than a 5 minute wait time.
16641826738_f9380fe4c9_b.jpg

DML and DD4 went together while DAW and I were riding in the other one.

16622077987_d1612b6d78_b.jpg

16828269722_a1388ef480_b.jpg

16643263839_d5b1724992_b.jpg

16803518796_388046d32d_b.jpg

16828268962_1b9b74681e_b.jpg

16207037924_c1199a3a0b_b.jpg

16828314251_90d31242c1_b.jpg

16207037234_d65b79b451_b.jpg

Everyone enjoyed the Little Mermaid ride. DD4 was enjoying herself for most of the day and she was doing good for now.

When we were outside, DML asked me if I could take some pictures of them right facing towards Mickey's Fun Wheel of Doom (which I call it a lot).

DAW, DD4 and DML.

I got in there as well. Thanks DAW for taking the shot.

When we got some pictures around Paradise Pier, it was time to head on over towards Hollywood Land in order to use our FP's for the Anna & Elsa Meet & Greet. I said on the first post that it starts at 12pm but when I realized that was the late time to return. So we had to be there until 11pm at the earliest. So we head on over towards Hollywood Land. That is it for this post and stay tune what happens at Hollywood Land.

Last edited:

Day 2 – March 9th, 2015 – Part 3
Get to meet Anna & the Snow Queen & Cone Bread for Lunch
When we rode the Little Mermaid ride and got a few pictures are Paradise Pier, we started to move on to our next destination that afternoon which was the Anna & Elsa Meet & Greet. DAW and DML wanted DD4 to be able to meet Anna & Elsa. DML told me that when they were able to meet Elsa at school during a birthday party, DD4 was so happy to see her. They thought that since we would be able to see Anna & Elsa at DCA, she would be even more happy.

We head back on over to Hollywood Land to the Animation Building where the m&g is located.

I enjoy going in the Animation building before the Frozen Fun event. It is a nice place to relax and to be able to see Turtle Talk with Crush is always a nice relaxation after being in the hot sun in SoCal. Half of the activities inside the Animation Building is the character close up with Anna & Elsa as well as Do You Want to Draw a Snowman at teh Animation Academy.

The Animation Building is so busy now thanks to the m&g while other people are relaxing while others are waiting in line to meet Anna & Elsa.

We had to wait in line just to meet Anna & Elsa. DML, DAW and DD4 are looking forward to seeing Anna and Elsa that afternoon.

We waited about 20 minutes in the line to be able to meet Anna & Elsa. I never got to meet Anna or Elsa during these last couple of years since I don't do too much character m&g. But this was special since DD4 was with us. With the FP, it took a while to get through the line.

DD4 is getting all excited to see them.

The location for Anna & Elsa is nicely decorated with the Arendelle theme from the movie Frozen.

When it was our turn to meet Anna & Elsa, all of a sudden DD4 started to cry a lot. We were all surprised that DD4 started to cry when we were about to meet Anna & Elsa. DML and DML went on over to DD4 to cheer her up. I was shocked that she was crying. So DML carried DD4 and still was able to get a picture with Anna and Elsa.

After getting a picture with Anna & Elsa and exited the area, DAW talked to DD4 why she didn't want to get a picture with them and she told them that they were scary. They couldn't believe that DD4 was scared of Anna & Elsa. DD4 told us that she wanted to see them and all of a sudden when she got to see them, she started to cry a lot. It just shows you that she is excited at one point and scared the next.

We decided to leave the area but the other new thing to do at the Animation Building is the DO You Want to Draw a Snowman?

After the character meet and greet, it was almost time for us to have lunch. But before we had something to eat, we had to go on over towards Cars Land to go to one of DAW favorite places to eat. To go on over to CL, we went the backside of Hollywood Land towards A Bug's Land.

Tower of Terror was busy that afternoon with a 45 minute wait time. DML remembers during the January trip that she went on ToT with me and her niece. DML didn't have a great experience on the ToT where her niece was holding on her like crazy and she doesn't like to go n rides that go up and down. So she told me that she will never go on ToT.

Heading on in towards ABL.

While we were walking on over to CL backside, DD4 saw Francis' Ladybug Boogie ride which is like the Tea Cups and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree ride in one as something to ride that afternoon. DD4 loves ladybugs as one of her favorite insects. She asked if we could go on that ride since we were in ABL. DML went with her while DAW and I sit this one out.

DD4 and DML about to ride FLB.

DD4 is feeling way better after the meet & greet with Anna and Elsa.

DD4 was excited to ride FLB. I don't like riding spinning rides like the Tea Cups and FLB. We started to head on the backside of CL to have lunch at the Cozy Cone Motel. While walking on down to the Cozy Cone Motel, the walls from the former Luigi's Flying Tires are all. I am looking forward to see what is new for the former LFT.

At the Cozy Cone, DAW mostly would get Chili Cone Queso which is one of her favorite quick counter food when we go to the DLR. The cone queso are at Cone 3.

When we looked at the menu, the Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone was available. During the holiday trip back in November, the Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone was exclusive during the holiday season. Now the Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone is now a regular menu item at Cone 3.

DAW and I shared the Bacon Mac & Cheese, DML got an ice cream cone for DD4 and also popcorn. It was so nice to have another Bacon Mac & Cheese Cone.

After having a small lunch that afternoon, we started to move on over to our next destination that afternoon. That is it for this post and stay tune for the next update.

Last edited:
Fab pictures. DD4 looks like she's having a ball!
Pity she started to cry when she got to meet E&A; but as you say...it's amazing how kids can flip between emotional states.

Sorry that you had a funeral to go to. Condolences.

Hi Bret, I hadn't gotten an email that you had posted for a while so I went looking for your trip report. I really missed seeing them. With the new upgrade perhaps I need to subscribe again?

Anyway - great quick trip (one day) and then nice to see that you were able to fly down. Looks like you are having a good time. I didn't notice any rides on TSMM. :) LOL about your DML who won't ride on TOT any more.

LOVE the Starbucks mugs. They didn't have them in December.

So sorry for your loss.

I'll see if I can't figure out how to get my notifications back. We don't know when we'll be at DL next so I look forward to your reports. We will be at WDW for 8 days in June and early July.

Fab pictures. DD4 looks like she's having a ball!
Pity she started to cry when she got to meet E&A; but as you say...it's amazing how kids can flip between emotional states.

Sorry that you had a funeral to go to. Condolences.

Thank PiO. DD4 was having a great time and she was also a handful during the trip. It was a shame that she started to cry when she got to meet Anna & Elsa. We spent half an hour through the A&E M&G queue and for her to cry was a little disappointing since she wanted to meet them.

Thank you PiO. My grandmother sister passed away.

Hi Bret, I hadn't gotten an email that you had posted for a while so I went looking for your trip report. I really missed seeing them. With the new upgrade perhaps I need to subscribe again?

Anyway - great quick trip (one day) and then nice to see that you were able to fly down. Looks like you are having a good time. I didn't notice any rides on TSMM. :) LOL about your DML who won't ride on TOT any more.

LOVE the Starbucks mugs. They didn't have them in December.

So sorry for your loss.

I'll see if I can't figure out how to get my notifications back. We don't know when we'll be at DL next so I look forward to your reports. We will be at WDW for 8 days in June and early July.

Hi TK @tksbaskets . It has been awhile since I have seen you on the boards. With the new updates to the thread which is not that bad. It took me a while to get used to the thread and posting but it is now easy to use.

Actually it was a two day trip in which we had one day (if you combine Sunday and Monday together) during the February trip. We were able to do a lot during that one day. But there were somethings that we missed during the trip. Luckily, we did some of those during the March trip. It was nice to fly down to OC and took the SuperShuttle to the DLR. But I am not so used to flying too much since I can't take too much stuff with me when I fly where I can bring more stuff when I am driving. We didn't get to ride TSMM during both trips since the wait times were quite high in the 30+ range. DML won't ever ride ToT after the January trip.

The Starbucks mugs are very nice and glad that I was able to get a pair during the trip. The mugs came out in January. I wasn't able to get them during the February trip in which they were sold out. Luckily they had them this time during the trip.

Thank you TK.

Hope you are able to go back to the DLR during the 60th Anniversary with all the new nighttime shows and ride updates. That is nice to hear that you will be going back to WDW in June/July. I will be going back to WDW in October.

The next update for the trip report will be posted shortly.

Last Installment on the Trip Report

Day 2 – March 9th, 2015 – Part 4

DD4 Learned How to Fly & Spinning Crazy​

Just when we finished eating at the Cozy Cone, DML asked me if we can stop at the Corn Dog Castle since she wants to get the hot link corn dog. So we head on over towards Paradise Pier which is where the Corn Dog Castle is located. Since DAW and I shared the Chili Cone Queso, I was completely filled. DML and DD4 didn’t eat a lot when we were at the Cozy Cone so it made sense for them to get something that afternoon where the Cozy Cone food won’t fill us up (unless we ate a lot that afternoon).

When we got on over to the Corn Dog Castle, it was already lunch time and there was an extended line to get a corn dog that afternoon. DML got the Hot Link Corn Dog and DD4 got the regular corn dog. I wasn’t able to get pictures of the corn dogs that afternoon. DML was so glad that we stopped at the Corn Dog Castle to get corn dogs that afternoon.

Just they finished eating the corn dogs, DD4 saw Goofy Sky School and asked if we can go on it since we were right next to the ride. When I saw the wait time, it was at 30 minutes. I asked DD4 if she was okay wait that long to go on GSS and she was willing to wait. Since DAW and DML don’t like roller coaster rides, they sat this one out while it was the two of us.

16912981805_971be7701a_b.jpg

DD4 was a little too overly excited to ride GSS where she was standing on the railings and wanted to go on the ride. But I told her that we were in the standby queue, she had to be patient.
16725312778_23f8de7c10_b.jpg

We were able to get a whole car to ourselves and it is time to learn how to fly.
16911969811_99c7cca567_b.jpg

16911969591_86b516442c_b.jpg

16292962003_db4090dec0_b.jpg

16911722602_60011e8e7d_b.jpg

16887067326_c251f2cb86_b.jpg]

16887067126_c0f99e36fc_b.jpg

DD4 was so excited to be able to ride GSS that afternoon. This was the first most intense ride she rode at the DLR. DD4 wanted to go on more exciting rides. For me, GSS is a good ride but the turns can hurt a little when riding GSS.

Just when we finished, it was already afternoon around 1pm and DD4 was getting a little tired that afternoon. So DML and DAW told us that it was time to head on back to the room and rest up. We knew that DD4 didn’t get a nap on Sunday when we got to SoCal. We were amazed that she lasted that long. But she did start to feel a little crabby that afternoon when I was with her in the queue for GSS.

On the way out of the park, the lagoon at Paradise Pier was all filled up with water again. It was a shame that WoC was not playing during our trip but it was nice to see the lagoon all filled up.
16887066916_8fb904a962_b.jpg

Just when we were leaving DCA and back to the room, I looked at the RSR FP queue to see if it was finally reopened. After passing by, it was finally opened it was around 1-2pm when the RSR FP queue was open. I went on over to get FP’s for RSR but when I looked at the time, it was around 4:45pm to 5:45pm. That was bad since we had a dining reservation that night at 5:10pm at Blue Bayou. So getting the FP’s would not be worth it but DAW told me to get the FP’s just in case we can make it. I knew that wasn’t possible.
16725555680_b9c4b97542_b.jpg

While walking on out, I looked at the direction where the construction of the new Grizzly Peark Airfield. It was sad that Soarin was down during our visit along with Smokejumpers Grill as well but I will get the chance to see it when it opens in May for the 60th Anniversary.
16725310968_e623782243_b.jpg

DCA didn’t feel that busy that afternoon even on a Monday but the crowds were manageable where we were able to go on some rides that afternoon at DCA. We spent most of the day at DCA that morning to afternoon and we know that it will be DL later that evening.
16887066266_533bf26efd_b.jpg

It was around 1:30pm when we left DCA and back to Best Western Park Place Inn to have our afternoon nap. When we got back, everyone went crashing on the beds while I was still up that afternoon watching T.V. I remember DD4 when she was on the bed, she was out immediately. Good thing that we got to rest that afternoon or it would have been a little ugly that night.

We rested up in our room until 4pm when it was time to head on back to the DLR that day. DD4 was all fresh and ready to go back to the DLR. We were all excited to go back since we are having dinner at the Blue Bayou. It wasn’t too long ago since DAW and I ate at the BB during the June trip. But this time, we are doing the Fantasmic! dining package. I have not tried the new FP system for F! since I mostly stake out a spot. So it was going to be weird to try something different.

On our way back to the DLR, we head straight on over to DL.
16725554450_eb81ddbe1c_b.jpg

The weather was great which was in the low 80s and we had time until our reservation.
16725554120_eea8eb0fb7_b.jpg

We stopped to get some photos in front of MS station.
16292959563_fa32c73c98_b.jpg

While we were in DL that afternoon, DD4 wanted to go on some rides and we had some time to kill until dinner. So we head on over towards Fantasyland to go on some rides.

When we walked through SB Castle to FL, the castle looked so nicely refurbished and the colors are different when the castle was decorated during the 50th anniversary. With the 60th anniversary coming up, the castle looked very nice and refreshed with new paint.
16911720052_36b15b929a_b.jpg

When we were in FL at the backside of SB Castle, DD4 wanted to go through SB Castle Walkthrough. So the two of us went through while DAW and DML waited for us. DD4 loves Sleeping Beauty and lied the walkthrough.
16725308998_74d8810fff_b.jpg

16726794909_ff9ff18028_b.jpg

Peter Pan was all walled up and DD4 asked why PP is closed. We told her that Tinker Bell is using her pixie dust to make the ride all new. She wanted to ride PP during the trip but maybe one day in the near future if she come back with us.
16726794779_06cdf8a166_b.jpg

DD4 noticed King Arthur’s Carousel and begged DML to go on the ride with her. She asked me as well but I didn’t want to go on KAC as well as DAW. So we waited for them until they rode KAC. DD4 loves the carousel so much that every time we are at a park, zoo, etc. she wants go on it no matter what. Talk about a big carousel fan. I remember back during the 2013 trip which she rode it at least 3 times during the trip.
16705649557_da0c18622d_b.jpg

While we were waiting for them, Olaf was now off of the former Anna & Elsa Meet & Greet.
16725307998_f033da3660_b.jpg

After they got off, DD4 saw the Mad Hatter Tea Cups and that is what she wanted to go on next. DML says no way and then she begged me to go on the Tea Cups. I told her that I will go on as long as she doesn’t spin like crazy. DD4 promised and we went on the Tea Cups. I couldn’t believe that DD4 got me to go on the Tea Cups since I try to avoid all spinning rides especially the Tea Cups.

DD4 has a blast riding the Tea Cups that afternoon.
16292957513_db5f07e233_b.jpg

Good thing that she didn’t spin the Tea Cups that hard or I would have been sick.

A look at Matterhorn Mountain while it is closed during the refurbishment.
16887063336_ffe34c0de2_b.jpg

After riding the Tea Cups, we started to go on over to have dinner at the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square.

That is it for this post and stay tune for the next update.

Last edited:
Last Installment on the Trip Report

Day 2 – March 9th, 2015 – Part 5

For the First Time to Play in the Snow and Sing Along with Anna & Elsa​

After I rode the Tea Cups with DD4 (I don’t know how I managed to ride the Tea Cups and did not get sick), we met up with DAW and DML and we headed on over to New Orleans Square to have dinner at the Blue Bayou at 5:10pm. DAW and I have ate at the BB a lot in the past and this time this was our first time eating for the F! dining package. I have never done the F! FP system ever since it was installed in December 2014 which was not that too long ago. It was kind of weird of not staking out a spot for the first show of F! like I have done in the past but at least we will be doing the dining package will get us the prime spot and little wait time.

When we got on over to the Rivers of America area, DD4 was asking us if we can go on some other rides at that time but we told her that it was time to have dinner so she comply. We were able to do quite a lot of rides in less than an hour when we were in the park.
16725551300_57fff2f349_b.jpg

At the BB, there were a lot of people waiting to get in the restaurant that night. Luckily we had a reservation at 5:10pm which will save us a lot of time and we only had to wait about 5 minutes until we are seated.
16726792999_04bfa31f20_b.jpg

16912975145_a85fe18da4_b.jpg

When I checked-in, we were told to wait around the entrance until we were called. They told me that we will wait a few minutes. But in reality, we waited about 12 minutes to be seated in the restaurant which was kind of long.

While we were waiting, I got to see the old Club 33 entrance.
16725306538_a4b743cd3e_b.jpg

16911716762_e6ac07ee29_b.jpg

When we were finally seated around 5:30pm, we were close to the center of the restaurant. It was highly unlikely that we would get a waterside table. If we did request that, we would at least have to wait another half an hour which time was a factor during the trip. DAW always enjoy eating at the BB while DML was so impressed with the restaurant. DD4 was wondering why it all of a sudden got dark when we entered the BB. That did make us laugh a little bit since it is always dark when riding Pirates of the Caribbean.

DAW wanted to eat at the BB again since the chefs can make a certain dish that she can have. Since she can eat certain ingredients, this was a great place to have something different than you normal get on the regular menu. So the manager came out and asked her what she can have in her dish and can’t have. That was nice that the manager at the BB came out and took her order.

Since we were eating from the F! dining package menu, most of the menu is what you normally get at the BB during dinner so there wasn’t anything different from the original menu and the BB dining package menu. We also got four F! seat cushions for eating at the BB. Even DD4 got one as well which was great to have when sitting at the BB.

DD4 and DML having a great time at the BB.
16726792219_d8f4709f94_b.jpg

DML got the Blue Bayou Salad while DAW got a special cocktail salad.

I had to get the New Orleans Gumbo which is a usual appetizer at the BB for me.

I didn’t get a picture of DD4 appetizer plate since it was Vegetable Crudité with ranch dressing.

When our entrees arrived, it was time to have dinner. I had the Broiled Filet Mignon with Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Bearnaise Sauce.

DML got the Pan-Seared Salmon which was Cajun-Spiced, with Sweet Corn Risotto, Citrus Mousseline, and Salsa Verde.

DAW got a custom order Jambalaya

DD4 got the Mickey’s Cheesy Macaroni which she went to it so quickly.

For dessert, DAW and DML got the Apple-Cranberry Galette

DD4 got the Mickey shape Fondant Chocolate Cake

I got the Crème Brulee

We all enjoyed the meal including DAW was impressed again with the custom Jambalaya that she ordered since she can have certain ingredients in her dish. For the price of $61 a person for a three course meal is quite a lot but with the 15% discount as Premium AP holder and DD4 meal at $23, we saved about $30 with the PAP and that covered the tip. For a regular meal at BB for dinner, it would just be a few bucks more.

We did get the cushions for eating at the BB and also four FP’s for the 9pm Fantasmic! show which was the only show that night.

For what it is worth, it is quite a lot but for the price is not that bad which you get a cushion and the best viewing spot to see F!. I haven’t done the River Belle Terrace dining package but when I looked at the price and you don’t get a cushion as well, it was worth the extra money.

DAW, DD4 and DML having a great time at the BB for dinner.

After we finished dinner, we started to go on to our next activity that night. DD4 wanted to go on It’s a Small World as one of the rides that she wanted to go on. So when I looked at the wait time and it was only 5 minutes, we head on over in that direction.

While we left New Orleans Square, we saw the the F! CM’s were getting the viewing area ready for the 9pm F! show.

I asked if DD4 wanted to go on a thrill ride and see what Big Thunder Mountain Railroad wait time was like. When we passed by it, it was a 35 minute wait time which was too long at that time and the FP’s were not running on the weekdays.

We went through the backside of Frontierland on our way on over to Fantasyland. BTMRR looks so great ever since the refurbishment last year.

The four of us were walking on the backside of Frontierland and we saw that the F! FP’s were distributed for the day.

The FP machines were left at the backside for the day. During the trip, I have seen a lot of these FP carts at both DL and DCA. The one’s that had the FP cart is Fantasmic!, Frozen Storytelling at the Royal Theatre, Anna & Elsa M&G and Frozen Sing-Along at DCA.

That will be it for this post and stay tune for the rest of the trip report and our next activity at DL.

Another great set of pictures, Bret.

You got on the spinning cups with DD4???? You are soooo going on those swinging gondolas with me next time!!!!! :rotfl:
Love the pictures at BB. Especially the food porn! I think I might consider hitting BB next time if there are F! FP to be gotten.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the view of F! turns out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter