Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

Nice night time shots.

I understand that the Mark Twain is out of action. Is there a replacement for it in F!?

We may need to check with Alison about plans for the Wednesday.

Great shots of F! and the fireworks. You had to stake out your spot at 7:30 for the 9 pm show? I don't know if my DH would want to wait that long. We did enjoy our dessert package when we did that on our December trip.

Your dinner looked yummy. :goodvibes

I think Uva is the only restaurant I have yet to try. I like the progress with Nemo and just realized I never walked by there myself.

Nice night time shots.

I understand that the Mark Twain is out of action. Is there a replacement for it in F!?

We may need to check with Alison about plans for the Wednesday.

Thank you PiO. It am ready to use another telephoto lens for F! since the one's that I took with the Tamron are nice. I just want to get some more up close pictures after the June trip.

The Mark Twain will be down starting on this Friday the 5th and I believe it will reopen in November. As for the Mark Twain being down for F!, the show will go on without the Mark Twain. When the Mark Twain is down for refurbishment and F! is running, the characters will be on Tom Sawyer's Island with their flags as the place where they will be during the show. I have never seen the characters on the island when the Mark Twain was down but I have read and seen pictures of it. I don't know if DAW and I will see F! for this month trip but we could always change our minds when we are there.

Good idea. I would pm or email her of what we should do that day during teh trip in October.

Great shots of F! and the fireworks. You had to stake out your spot at 7:30 for the 9 pm show? I don't know if my DH would want to wait that long. We did enjoy our dessert package when we did that on our December trip.

Your dinner looked yummy. :goodvibes

Thank you TK. That is correct. I always stake out a spot for the first show of F! so I can guarantee the spot that I like to watch the show which is right at the rope off area. It has been a while where I haven't had to wait over 2 hours for that spot. In the past, I spent at least two hours just to get the back area and it was quiet even at 7:30pm. So this is one of the few times where I didn't have to wait that long for F!. Staking out a spot for the fireworks in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle is even longer at 2+ hours for the curbside by the Hub. I always want to get the best spot so I can get good photos of the nighttime shows. I will have to do the F! Dessert package one day but since I have seen it so many times, I don't have to do it unless someone in my party doesn't want to stake out a spot for 2 hours or try to get a decent spot for the second show of F!.

The Steak Gumbo at the Royal Street Veranda is nice to have when waiting for the first show of F!. Some of my party members don't like the gumbo which they refer to it as dog food in a bread bowl.

I think Uva is the only restaurant I have yet to try. I like the progress with Nemo and just realized I never walked by there myself.

You will like the UVA Bar and Cafe Kim. PiO and Alison recommended this restaurant to me in the past but I never had time to even go and eat there. Luckily I had time during the July trip and I can't believe it took me this long to eat at the restaurant. Maybe you will have time to be able to eat at that restaurant during your upcoming trip. The FNSV lagoon is making progress and it is all filled up as I have read.

The next update will be up shortly.

[post=52205309]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 2 –July 27th, 2014 – Part 7

Through the Haunted Jungle & Photo Time

After Magical fireworks was over, I thought that this would be it for the night since I mostly go back to the room after the fireworks or World of Color. With DB and V, they are trying to get as much done as possible during the trip. So they told me that they will want to stay until the park closes at midnight just like the other night. I was getting tired but I did rest up a lot while at the viewing area by the RoA for Fantasmic!.

As we left the viewing area, V wanted to ride Jungle Cruise since we were right next to Adventureland. So we head on over to ride the JC and it was a walk-on that night. It is nice to be able to ride the original Jungle Cruise after it was transformed during the holiday season at the Jingle Cruise. It won’t be too long until the holiday season comes back to the DLR and maybe it will be back up as the JC or not.

We boarded not a full boat that night. It was going to be tough to take pictures on the JC even with a high ISO and low aperture lens. The experience at night is totally different from the daytime where I really like the daytime more than the nighttime. I do enjoy both experiences to go through the jungle during the nighttime but you can’t see everything when riding it at night.

All loaded

Some baboons still up this late at night?

Trader Sam is still up this late at night and doing his business as usual.

After riding the JC, I had to get my usual treat at night which is the Dole Whip Float. This is like my tradition every time I go to the DLR and get the Dole Whip Float at DL. Lately back in NorCal, there is a place in Roseville & Rocklin (up north of Sacramento) that is selling the actual Dole Whip Float. It looks a little different from the DL version but it does have the Dole pineapple juice along with the pineapple soft serve. I have been getting it lately every time I have the opportunity to go to Roseville or Rocklin to get the Dole Whip Float. The place is called OMG Yogurt and they have been selling the Dole Whip Float the last couple of years.

It was quite a long line to get the float that night but we weren’t planning on going to DL the next day since DB and V only have a two day pass.

I did buy two Dole Whip floats for DB and V which they shared and of course I got one as well. It is like I am in heaven when I have the Dole Whip float or soft serve every time.

After we finished the Dole Whip floats, V wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion that night. I was a little surprise that she wanted to ride it again especially we rode it during the trip. But she really enjoys riding the HM. She is not a fan of the Haunted Mansion Holiday like the original one. We all do enjoy specific variations of the rides with the different overlays from Space Mountain and It’s a Small World.

Once again we rode the Haunted Mansion that night and I used the Tamron instead of the Nikon 35mm lens. It was difficult to use the Tamron where the aperture is higher over the 35mm lens. The pictures showed the difference with the Tamron lens.

Here comes the bride

Hitchhiking Ghosts

After we got off riding the HM, we head on over to Critter Country. Since the second show of F! was going on when we got off and it was going to be crowded in NOS, Frontierland and Adventureland it made sense to go on over to CC for a little bit.

When we were in CC, DB and V went on Winnie the Pooh ride while I decided to take some long exposure shots of CC while I was waiting for them.

They were off the ride and we started to go on over to our next attraction that night. It was around 11pm that night and I was getting a little tired especially carry all my equipment on my bag. I was carry the tripod, video camera, DSLR and blanket that were all in my bag which is nice to have so I don’t have to bring in other bags like I have done in the past.

We headed on over to Fantasyland through the backside of Frontierland. I thought about riding the newly updated Alice in Wonderland ride and I thought that the wait time would be down.

But when we got there, the wait time was 40 minutes which was quite long that night. I wasn’t willing to wait that long to ride AiW but DB and V were willing to wait to get on the ride. So I told them that I will head on back to the room while they wait to go on the ride. I would have waited with them but I will have another opportunity to ride it on one of my upcoming trips.

While I was about to walk on out of DL, I stayed in a little longer to get some long exposure shots while I had the tripod and the park crowd levels was not that high like earlier that night.

I never take any pictures of Pixie Hollow when the lights are on that night and it was nice to try to get some pictures of it.

I always enjoy taking pictures of Astro Orbiter with the long exposure.

“Partners” Statue that night

Even around 11pm that night, the park was busy but everyone was started to head on out that night.

I left around 11:30pm that night at DL and on my way back to the hotel. I got back to the hotel around 11:50pm which is just before midnight. DB and V were still in the park until it closed at midnight. The day was over and we only have one more day in SoCal until we have to go back home to Sactown.

Stay tune for the third and final day of the trip report.

Great pics.
Love the ones inside HM. You got wonderful pictures there.

We definitely need to indulge in dole whip float. It's been way too long since I've had some.

Yay! I finally got all caught up!

You had some great times and great pictures on your trip with DB and V. I'm glad you enjoyed the lamburger, that is one of my most favorite meals at the DLR.

We need to talk via email about the trip in October, but since they haven't released the schedule yet we can't figure things out. I have some plans that you might not be aware of, and might make the trip a lot better, we just need to figure out timing and stuff.

Yay I'm caught up too!

You had a great time on both trips and I love the Partners pics.

Great pics.
Love the ones inside HM. You got wonderful pictures there.

We definitely need to indulge in dole whip float. It's been way too long since I've had some.

Thank you PiO. The pics form HM were okay while most of them were not that great. I just chose the good ones where I had to crop them. I won't set the ISO at 12,800 when I ride the HM again.

You will have to get one when we are at the parks in October.

Yay! I finally got all caught up!

You had some great times and great pictures on your trip with DB and V. I'm glad you enjoyed the lamburger, that is one of my most favorite meals at the DLR.

Thank you Alison. The lamb burger was very good and thank you for the tip about eating at the UVA Bar and Cafe.

Yay I'm caught up too!

You had a great time on both trips and I love the Partners pics.

Thank you Angela.

The next post will be up shortly.

[post=52218192]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 3 –July 28th, 2014 – Part 1

The other party members aren’t here yet

After another great day at the DLR on Sunday, it was the last day of the trip which is always the saddest part of any trip where the trip is almost over. But we all had a great time on the two days at the parks with doing everything that we wanted to do except of not riding Alice in Wonderland for me in which DB and V were able to do that Sunday night. This day we were planning on driving back home to Sacramento in the afternoon. DB and V didn’t want to do anything else while we were in SoCal since they did that on Saturday. I was able to go to the park that Monday morning since DB and V park hopper tickets were only for two days.

This was also going to be another special day and make this trip even better even if it is only for about a few hours that Monday. Just about a couple of weeks until our July trip, two of my longtime friends (M and S) that I grew up in Sacramento are also planning on being down there in SoCal and going to the parks on Monday July 28th and Tuesday July 29th. I was shocked to hear that they were going to be down in SoCal and go a couple of days to the DLR. They were not coming alone during the trip in which they had other people with them. They have done the foreign exchange student program for a couple of years and had a Japanese teenager (SH) come to the U.S. and took care of him last year. He came back to the U.S. along with his mother (K). I was able to meet them before the trip and it was nice to meet them in person before we met up at DL on Monday. When they asked of what they wanted to do they wanted to go to the original Disneyland where they have went to the Tokyo Disney Resort. It was going to be fun in which I will be with two groups during the trip.

On that Monday morning, I was told they will meet up with me at the park at 8am when it opens. So I slept as much as possible so I will be able to enjoy the parks with them that day. I had to pack all of my bags up during that Monday morning and loaded them in the car except for other bags that DB and V would load up that day. Since they were not going to the park that day, they slept in and checked us out that afternoon.

I left the hotel around 7:30am and had that long walk all the way to the DLR. This was the last time and maybe in a long time when I will stay at BW Pavilions and have to deal with that long walk.

When I got the DLR well before 8am, the crowds to head on into DL was so crazy that morning where it was way past the Monorail columns. I knew that Monday during the trip was going to be busy but it was crazy that morning to get in to DL while DCA barely didn’t have anyone waiting to get in.

Also on that Monday, the construction walls are up on the center area turnstiles where it wasn’t up the other days.

Not much of a line to enter DCA while DL was crazy.

I waited a while outside until M, S, SH, K to got to the DLR. But I got a text from M that they are running a little late that morning and won’t be at the DLR at 9am. So they told me to do something at the DLR until they showed up.

Since I Had an hour to kill until they arrived, I head on over to DCA while it was easy to get in the park while DL will take some time to enter.

When I was in DCA, I just wandered around taking random pictures while I was waiting for them.

BVS was all decorated with the Independence colors on the buildings.

So I just got myself a FP for Soarin and got one of the Mad Arcade free token.

After walking around Condor Flats, I head on over to Hollywood Land to get some pictures.

The Maleficent special food & drink was still happening at Awards Wiener.

It was quiet at Hollywood Land that morning where most of the people would be at Cars Land.

After being in DCA for a little bit that morning, I decided to head on over to DL and see if it is not that busy. But I can tell that it will be a busy day at DL and DCA. But DL will be way more busier that day.

I exited the park around 8:30am and head on over to DL. The turnstiles to enter DL was still busy that morning where it did took a while to go through the turnstiles.

When I entered DL, it was busy in Main Street where a lot of people were walking up the streets or going to the character M&G in Town Square.

There is more construction walls that are up on the Main Street buildings.

Stay tune for the next update to see what I have done at DL that morning.

[post=52236521]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

[post=52236516]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 3 –July 28th, 2014 – Part 2

Finally rode AiW and BLAB

I was walking in DL that morning waiting for M, S, SH and K until they arrived that morning. They were running a little late so I used this time to walk in DCA that morning and now in DL to do some other things until they arrive.

While I was in DL that morning, there was one ride that I wanted to do where I wasn’t able to do the first two days which was Alice in Wonderland. AiW was just refurbished with new enhancements to the ride and the exterior of the bride is completely different. It is nice to not see any tarps on the ride and it looks great.

This time the wait time was only 10 minutes which was a no brainer that morning. I was a little surprised that the wait time was not even longer at 10 minutes but in the half hour range around 8:30am that morning. But I can’t complain about the wait time so I went in the queue to ride AiW.

I had the caterpillar all to myself which I was in the backseat and now going into the world of Alice in Wonderland. I was looking forward to see all the new enhancements to the ride and see what is new and what they have taken out.

This was a new addition to the ride which you enter the hole.

Another new addition to the ride which was the screen of Alice chasing the White Rabbit.

Tweedle Dee and Dum

There is the White Rabbit

Flower bloom.

Some of the AA were left alone while there were a lot of video projections on the ride.

Now looking at the new leaf and it was all covered up and it looks way better than before.

Time for a tea party and it was changed a lot where you don’t see the Cheshire Cat head I the clouds but a tea party instead.

Have a Merry Unbirthday Cake

Even though the ride is nice with the new enhancements to the ride but it just doesn’t have that vibe like the old ride. Maybe it is just me where I do like the classic rides and left as is. But the new enhancements to AiW are nice and the exterior looks way better with those tarps.

After riding AiW, I head on over to TL to go on another ride that I like to go on which is Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. I have rode it a lot of times and have enjoyed playing the game.

During the ride, I was able to hit the high value targets and was able to get a high score at 922,800 points which I just barely missed the 1,000,000 point mark.

It was close to 9am so I head on out of DL and so I can meet up with the other party members for that Monday morning at the park. The park was still a little busy that morning but not like Christmas break crowds or any high volume year.

I left DL and now back at the Esplanade wait for them. Stay tune for the next part of the day at the DLR that morning.

[post=52263850]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

Nice score, Bret.

It's been ages since I've been inside AiW. Hmmm. I don't think DS will want to go in; but that doesn't mean that I can't. :rotfl:

Hi Bret,
You sure were able to pack a ton into that first hour. I have never ridden AiW. Your score on BLAB was just outstanding!

Looking forward to hearing what you are able to do when your friends arrive. :goodvibes

TK

Nice score, Bret.

It's been ages since I've been inside AiW. Hmmm. I don't think DS will want to go in; but that doesn't mean that I can't. :rotfl:

Thanks PiO.

You will want to ride AiW with all the newly refurbishment on the outside along with the interior work. We might have to put that during in on our trip next month.

Hi Bret,
You sure were able to pack a ton into that first hour. I have never ridden AiW. Your score on BLAB was just outstanding!

Looking forward to hearing what you are able to do when your friends arrive. :goodvibes

TK

I only just rode AiW and BLAB while I was waiting for them that morning. I was glad that AiW wasn't a long wait time as I have thought. The BLAB score was very nice and I haven't had that good of a score in a long time.

The next post will be up shortly.

[post=52236521]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 3 –July 28th, 2014 – Part 3

The other Party Members arrived and it was time to leave as well

After being in DL for a while I was waiting for the next party to be with at the park that morning is about to happen. Earlier during the day, I came to the DLR early so I can wait for M, S, SH & K that morning but they were arriving late and they told me that they would be at the DLR around 9am. So I just used that time to go in DL to go on some rides like AiW and BLAB. I was able to accomplish of riding AiW with the new updates and at least I was able to accomplish one of the rides that I wanted to go on at DL during the trip.

I exited DL before 9am and I just waited at the Esplanade until they arrived. It was about 5 minutes after 9am that they saw me when they were passing by the security check area. They were glad to see me and I was glad to see them that they got here safely. I did talk to SH and K before the trip and it was nice to see that they are having a fun time in the U.S. They were able to enjoy SoCal the first couple of days when they along with M and S were in SoCal.

This is SH and K first time at the DLR. They have been to Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan. When they were in the U.S., they wanted to come to the original Disneyland Park and see it in person. They have been talking about this to M and S ever since they got here and their dream is about to come true.

Before we head on in the parks, they had to buy their tickets so we had to wait at the tickets booth queues to get their tickets. They bought two day park hopper tickets since they will be hopping from one park to another that day.

It took about 10 minutes to go through the queue and purchase the tickets. Now it was time to head on over to the parks that morning. They wanted to go to DCA first over DL and so we head on over to DCA first thing.

When we got in DCA, M and S were so surprised to see the new entrance to DCA which is different when they were here since 2008. They were also looking forward to riding Radiator Springs Racers since it debut in 2012 and weren’t able to go on it yet. So it was like a first for all of them at DCA.

The first thing we did was to head on over to the RSR FP queue and it was around 9:30am when we were at the queue and the return time was till 3:20pm to 4:20pm which was not that bad at 9:30am that morning.

They got the FP’s while I didn’t get one since I will be gone by then. After getting the FP’s, they wanted to get FP’s for WoC. So as we were walking on over to PP, they saw the Little Mermaid ride and I told them that I will get the FP’s for them while they go on the ride. They told me not to go out of the way for them and just go on with them but I told them that I had no problem with getting the FP’s for WoC for them while they ride the Little Mermaid ride. So they went on the ride and I head on over to get the FP’s for WoC.

They went on the Little Mermaid ride while I went on over to GRR to pick up the FP’s. Very interesting that when I got the FP’s the return time was in the yellow section around 9:45am. Even with only one show a night, I was able to get WoC FP’s for them at the 9:45pm show.

When I picked up the FP’s, I head on back to the entrance/exit of the Little Mermaid ride and waited for them until they got off. It was nice to relax a while after walking at DL for part of the morning and being with them for the first hour at the DLR.

They were done finishing riding the Little Mermaid ride and we head on over to Paradise Pier to go on more rides that morning. We were now approaching California Screamin and SH wanted to go on this ride. K told us that she won’t go on the ride but when they asked me if I wanted to go on, I said that I will pass. But they insisted on me to go with them since it will just be the three of them so I was dragged on the ride.

The wait time showed 10 minutes but it felt like 20 minutes to go through the standard queue. So we waited for a while to get on CS that morning.

It didn’t took long until we got on CS and this was a good opportunity to take some pictures on the ride. I have never took pictures while riding CS since I put my camera away while riding rides like Space Mountain and CS. But this was a good opportunity to get some photos of CS since most of my other party members like DAF & DAW won’t even go on any high intense roller coaster rides. I would not go on it as well like maybe once every two or three trips.

I used the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens for the pictures and it was nice to get some wide angle shots.

I had to hold on to my DSLR tight so I won’t lose it on the ride.

That was a wild ride of riding CS that morning with M, S and SH while K was waiting for us. When we got off, we tried to look at our picture and for some reason, it wasn’t showing on the screen where it must have been down during our ride. It was a little disappointing that our picture didn’t show up but everyone had fun riding CS.

On our way out of CS, they wanted to go on Toy Story Midway Mania and I knew that the wait time was going to be in the 40 to 50 minute range wait time. But they were willing to wait in that queue to go and ride TSMM so I just went along with it and went on it with them. It was nice to use this time to talk to them about how they are doing and what they have been doing in SoCal these last couple of days.

It hasn’t been long since I had to wait in that long queue to ride TSMM which I did the same thing with DB, V and V friend a couple of days ago.

While we were in the queue for TSMM, we have all been talking of what to do and not to do at DCA for that day along with plans for DL the next day in which they will be at the park .

Very interesting, we weren’t escorted to the regular loading area for TSMM but we were loaded towards the handicapped section which was quite unusual. We didn’t have anyone in our party that are handicapped and I wonder why they took us to that area instead of going towards the loading dock.

It didn’t took too long for us to get on the ride and it was time to ride TSMM. S and SH were together while M and K rode together while I was by myself. There was another person on the ride along with us which he was behind me on the ride.

For the score, I had 245,500 which was a good score in my opinion. I know that this score is nothing compared to your DS’s TK where they can be in the 300,000+ range.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t the highest score on our ride in which someone got 272,400 points and they were the highest during that hour. I was surprised that someone else had a better score than me on the ride.

Everyone really enjoyed riding TSMM and we are now back outside and walking through Paradise Pier. The next ride that we passed by was Mickey’s Fun Wheel of Doom. I looked at the wait time and it was at 35 minutes to ride the swinging and 30 minutes for the non-swinging gondola. SH wanted to go on the swinging gondola. K didn’t want to go on the swinging gondola and of course I said I would pass as well. They were really pushing me to go on the swinging gondola that afternoon when we got here. I told them that I never go on the swinging gondola and would not even go on. So while M, S & SH went on the swinging gondola, K and I just waited until they were on the ride.

It was nice to have some time to talk with K and she really speaks good English. We had a very nice talk and she asked me what kind of rides to do at DL. I told her specific rides that Tokyo Disney Resort doesn’t have and do go on them since DL in Anaheim and Tokyo Disneyland have different rides and are not the same.

It took them 40 minutes to get on the swinging gondola and I got pictures of them. They can just see us enough where I was able to get pictures of them. Very interesting to see that they are with another group of people which means that the CM’s are making room for the gondolas of where even with three people, they had to share with another group.

K and I were watching them on the swinging gondola and they were having their fingers on the cage which means that they are scared. This is why I don’t like to ride the swinging gondola where it moves a lot than the non-swinging gondola.

After they got off MFWoD from the swinging gondola, M and S understood why I don’t ride the swinging gondola and they were holding on the cage every time it was moving up.

We started to walk around PP until our next ride that was in the area was Goofy’s Sky School. M, K and I didn’t want to ride it while S and SH went on it together.

While we were waiting for S and SH to ride GSS, we head on over to Soarin to get FP’s for their ride since it was time to get a new set of FP’s after waiting 2 hours since we got RSR that morning. We were able to get a return time around 1pm to 2pm which was a nice return time that afternoon where it was around 12pm.

On the way back to PP, we did passed by GRR and had to get some pictures from the backside.

When we got back to PP at GSS, they were still on the ride and they had to wait about 30 minutes to get on the ride which was quite a wait time for S and SH.

Phineas and Ferb truck was passing by at PP.

They were finally off GSS and I looked at the time and I had to meet up with DB and V since we were planning on leaving Anaheim around 1pm. So I had to depart from M, S, SH and K that afternoon. It was nice to be with them for a short time at DCA that day in which I was hoping that it would have been longer but I couldn’t keep DB and V waiting for me.

So we parted ways and they told me when they got back to Sacramento that they had an awesome time at both DL and DCA even though the crowds were very high during that trip. They were able to go on most of the rides and what shows what they wanted to do. So I was glad that they had a great time at the DLR for a couple of days.

I walked all the way from PP to the drop off/pick-up loading area on Harbor Blvd since DB and V have checked out of our hotel at Best Western Pavilions. Luckily I didn’t have to walk all the way over to BW Pavilions to meet up with them with that long walk.

I met up with them at 1pm at the drop off/pick up area at Harbor Blvd and we are now on our way out of Anaheim.

But before we head on out and back to Sacramento, DB and V wanted to have lunch at a specific restaurant that it is only in SoCal. So we head on over to a restaurant called “California Fish Grill” which is located in Cypress. I remember eating at this restaurant during the 2012 trip with DB and V in which this is V favorite restaurant where she ate at when she went to Irvine University. So it was appropriate to eat at this restaurant since it is only located in SoCal and not in NorCal. I have enjoyed eating at this restaurant where it offers a nice variety of seafood dishes.

It was the busy time of the day which the restaurant was filled that afternoon.

I had the fish and chips.

DB and V shared the same plate which was Mahi, Mahi

The food is very nice at California Fish Grill and we would recommend this place if you are interested in seafood dishes.

After eating at California Fish Grill, we head on home for the seven hour drive. We didn’t stop at any other place except for gas and of course we stopped at our grandmother’s house in Livingston to see how she was doing and glad that we stopped on the way back to see her.

We got home around 10pm that night and this concludes the July trip.

This was a nice trip in which I went with DB and V at the last second and we did quite a lot even though we left so early that Saturday morning and were able to enjoy two full days at the DLR. It was also nice to meet V friend Jen and to be able to be with us for a few hours at the DLR and to be able to do all these different rides. Even though I only had a part of the day with M, S, SH and K it was so fun to be able to go around DCA with them for a few hours and to be able to go on some of the rides were fun. I was also glad that they had a great time during their visit at the DLR as well. The crowd levels were quite high in late July but this is the first time I have been at the DLR in July since 2007 during 4th of July weekend.

Overall the trip was good and now I am looking forward to my next upcoming trip which is in a couple of days on the 14th where I will be heading back with DAW. We just have been to the DLR since June and all of a sudden we will be there to see the Halloween decorations in September which is the opening weekend of the Halloween season. It will be nice to go back and see the Halloween decorations. This will be DAW first time seeing the Halloween decorations at the DLR which she has seen them during the October/November 2012 WDW trip report which was her first Disney trip in a long time and since then she has been with me to five DL trips since January 2013. She has been looking forward to this trip since she has been so busy with work. This was a great opportunity for her to use her Premium AP since she renewed it in June which was a shocker to me. I might not be doing a trip report for the September trip since it is going to be close to the October and November trip reports that are coming up not too shortly. I will do live uploads of the pictures during this trip so stay tune for any updates.

Thank you for following along the July trip report.

Okay. I sure hope the queues aren't going to be this long in October.
Nice score on TSMM.
You're tempting me to get on CS. Nice pictures on the ride. :thumbsup2

Thank you, thank you for the pictorial ride on Alice! :thumbsup2 I'm missing the park soooooo badly and this is just what I needed.

Okay. I sure hope the queues aren't going to be this long in October.
Nice score on TSMM.
You're tempting me to get on CS. Nice pictures on the ride. :thumbsup2

We hope for the same thing. When I went to the parks today (Monday 15th), DL had a long wait to get in that morning at 10am which the lines were close to the center of the Esplanade. But the rest of the day till the afternoon, the crowds were not that bad. It must to do with the heat which was in the 80s that morning and in the mid to high 90s when we left at 2pm.

I didn't want to go on CS that day with them but I did that for them and i wasn't willing to go on MFWoD swinging-gondola.

Thank you, thank you for the pictorial ride on Alice! :thumbsup2 I'm missing the park soooooo badly and this is just what I needed.

Your welcome Jenny. It was nice to ride AiW with it all updated and no more ugly tarps on the ride.

Nice report! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you TK. This was a wild trip where I was with two groups during the trip in which I only go with one group or solo.

A quick update from the September trip which is going on right now. I am resting in the room and about to go back to the park later today since it is quite hot out here. It was like 104 when we were at the DLR yesterday and it will be again in the 100 range later today. Just crazy hot weathers and it has been a long time since I have been in the parks when it is this hot.

This trip, i rented a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens for this trip since I have been interested in trying this lens for a while and it was mom2rtk that got me to rent this lens after reading her trip report. So i was excited to try out this lens and I wasn't disappointed one bit. The only times I was disappointed when I used the lens since I didn't set the settings properly. You can tell by the pictures when i am writing up this quick update from the trip report.

We got to Anaheim safely around 2pm and we didn't go in the park until later that day since we ate at Tony Romas for dinner.

We head on over to DCA first since the first show of Mickey's Soundsational parade was going on so we just went on over to wander around DCA and see if there was any halloween decorations but it was only at the stores.

When the parade was finished at DL, we head on over and we looked around the DLR with all the different Halloween decorations.

Halloween on the buildings of MS

Partners statue all decorated during the halloween season.

We got to ride the HMH yesterday and I was disappointed at the picture of the gingerbread house where I had to ride it again today and was able to get clearer pictures. I was so impressed with the Sigma lens. The 2014 gingerbread house was very neat where the doors open and reveal a gingerbread man.

Dia de Los Muertos was back at Frontierland for the Halloween season.

The Ray Bradbury Halloween tree is back

We weren't able to go to the Halloween Carnival since it past 6pm so we were able to go inside it today and it is more decorated than the previous years.

We got to ride IASW yesterday and the Frozen pre-parade was coming back to IASW and I was surprised to see the float coming back during the second parade where I have read that it is only available during the first parade but it looks like it was going during both parades.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy had a wait time in the 35-45 minute wait time during yesterday and today.

We were able to get the Mickey Hat Box Ghost Popcorn bucket

We sat in front of SB Castle for RDCT Fireworks for 2 hours and it was nice to watch it. I used the Sigma lens for the firework trails and they were very nice.

We got to see the second of show of Fantasmic! at 10:30pm. The Sigma lens is not for F! but i was able to try it where some of them turned out nice while some are blurry.

The Mark Twain was down during the refurbishment but the show still went on and the characters that are on the Mark Twain at the end of F! are on Tom Sawyer Island at the Finale.

Got to have the Dole Whip float

That concludes our night at DL on Sunday.

We will be heading back to the DLR in less than an hour since we will be having dinner and watching the 8:15pm World of Color show where the parks will close at 8pm since it is during the off-season.

Nice!

Looks like that lens is everything it's cracked up to be. So.....when are you getting one? popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter