SeaWorld San Diego vs Orlando

Aimee810

Earning My Ears
Anyone been to both? Any differences between the two? We will either go to SW SD in a few weeks or SW Orlando next October, but not both.

Anyone been to both? Any differences between the two? We will either go to SW SD in a few weeks or SW Orlando next October, but not both.

Yes. DW and I have been to both. We just went to SW-SD in August. Been a while since we've been to SW-Orlando.

There really isn't much differences in the actual performance shows themselves. The one show is that is different in each place is Cldye & Seamore. Sea Lions. San Diego their show is based off of tv skits. Orlando it's more a Pirate theme skit. Each show has a different performer at the beginning. Orlando it's a mime and he imitates people as they walk by or does silly things to make them look at him funny. San Diego, it's a member of the act pretending to be a janitor then he lands us doing some dancing numbers.

The major differences in the parks are the rides. Depending if you're a thrill seeker or not, the rides are more intense at Orlando IMO.

Animal attractions are about the same as well. I think you have a few more over at Orlando then you do SD, but not much more.

Thank you. I think we will wait until Orlando rather than try to squeeze it into San Diego.

I greatly prefer SD SW over Orlando. While the shows are similar the overall feel of the park was so much better at SD. Sea World San Diego is the only Sea World on the ocean. One side of the park runs along Mission Bay. You get the ocean atmosphere that to me enhances the park experience.

At Orlando the stadiums were all covered. At San Diego they are all open air which I prefer. I suppose Orlando must be covered because of considerable rain or intense heat in the summer months. The Pets Rule show in Orlando is completely indoors while San Diego's version is outdoors.

The Pacific Ocean and its beaches are only about 1 mile from SW SD. We like to spend one full day at SW, then the beach for part of a day and return to SW for night time. Also the San Diego Zoo, USS Enterprise tours and many other fun things around the area make for a great visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter