Seaworld San Antonio

samheatherwhite

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a great trip to San Antonio. We went to Seaworld for 2 days and Aquatica for 1. I noticed as I was researching for our trip that there wasn't much information available for the Texas parks. I thought that I might make a trip report on here for anyone that might be interested. I would also be happy to answer any questions. We also did a Beluga tour and Dine with Shamu.

If you could do a trip report, that would be great! We live in Houston and are thinking about going to Sea World in San Antonio for a day.

I will start with a quick introduction while I try and remember how to get pictures up. We went to Seaworld on Wednesday and Friday, June, 10th and 12th. On Thursday the 11th we spent the day at Aquatica.

Participants included DH and I (32) and our kids DD, G (7) who loves thrill rides and animals, and DS B (3) who is more timid but always a good sport.

The parks hours for our dates were 10am to 6pm. We opened the park every day and stayed until closing as well.

One thing that I thought might be helpful for other travelers to know is that even thought the gates started taking people in at around 9:45 they were held up for entry until right at 10. Also be aware that most rides did not open until 11.

WEDNESDAY:
We are early risers so getting to the park at opening was super easy. We got to the front of the park about 9:20 and I ran up to one of the kiosks to print out our tickets. (Annual Pass tickets for both parks) There was no wait and it was super easy. We got in line and were through the turnstiles/bag check at about 9:50. I then ran over to guest services and got the time confirmed for the Beluga tour that I had signed up G and myself for later that day.

They had just started letting people into the park as we rounded the first corner. As I mentioned earlier I was a bit confused that most rides weren't open yet. We checked out the alligators and then headed to the penguin exhibit by way of the Steel Eel roller coaster that G was super looking forward to to see what time it opened. (11)
6vtMmRq.jpg

The penguin building was open and we had it completely to ourselves. We saw the penguins and then saw the puffins at our leisure and then we moved on.
6jnGSLa.jpg

We decided to head to the Sesame street area to see what was open there, knowing that B would have fun there.

We rode a ride that I have no idea what it was called but it picked you up high and bounced around gently. The kids liked it.
MXpAsk4.jpg

Then G went on a spinning ride that B was too short for. He was disappointed so he and I rode the ferris wheel. Let me warn you that this is the slowest unloading ride known to man. It took us over 20 minutes to do this. Way not worth it! B enjoyed it though but I did discourage any re-ride ideas he had the other days we were there.

While we were on the worlds longest short ride, Cookie Monster came out. He even got in line and was playing with kids waiting and waving at those up high. B wanted down fast. Thankfully he was still around when we got off our ride and B got to meet him.
4hJ2A2w.jpg

By then G and DH were back and B wanted to ride the carousel. There was no wait for this either so the kids hopped right on.
5wniHxX.jpg

Next up B rode his first roller coaster. It was the little Shamu ride and he was so proud of his bravery.

We then headed over to Beluga stadium to see the informational show. It was just about 11 so right when it was over we headed to lunch.

We ate at the new restaurant at Pacific Point that was built near the new sea lion exhibit. I cannot say enough good things about this place. There were four different stations and all of the food looked and smelled great. Service was friendly and fast. I wish that we could have eaten there again. The food from the Asian station looked good and none of us ate there this time.
DH and G ate at the burger station. He got a chili dog and she got kids slider hamburgers. When she expressed interest in the bacon the nice guy behind the counter put some on her burger even though that was not on the kids menu. B and I shared a chef salad from the sandwich station. It was perfectly fresh and huge. Very nice for a counter service. We also bought two refill cups to use which saved a ton of money over the next few days. We used our Annual passes to save 20% which made this a good deal on great theme park food.

After lunch we split up. G and I needed to stay close for our Beluga tour and DH and B wanted to go play some more. Our tour leader was named Madison and was super young but very knowledgeable. Once our group had all arrived, there were 13 of us, she led us into the Beluga stadium for a reserved seat viewing of the Azul show.
5sgdSvB.jpg

The seats were great and when our tour leader saw us talking to Dh and B who had decided to watch the show as well she very kindly offered to let them sit in the reserved area too. They sat with us and then went to splash in Elmo's splash pad when the show ended.
sMIIALD.jpg

This was G's favorite show of the entire trip. It has Belugas and Pacific white sided dolphins along with acrobats, divers, synchronized swimmers, and comedy elements.
As soon as the show ended we were taken behind the scenes of the stadium where we met one of the zoologists who worked with the belugas. She had just been in the show. She introduced our group to a beluga named Emac and told us a lot about them. She then let us each pet him and then talked some more.
BeYOGUb.jpg

The trainer then told us more about Emac and his preferences and some more general info. on Belugas both in the wild and from seaworld. She even talked about some of the advances that had been made in research because of what they do. It was super informative and she answered any questions asked as well.
tOXbc12.jpg

Next she led us over and talked a little about the dolphins from the show. and then we were done. It was 20$ each for the tour and a discount was taken for APH. I felt that we definitely got our money's worth and G has really enjoyed sharing her new expertise with family and friends.

G and I then met back up with DH and B in the splash area. The kids had a blast getting totally soaked.
wJVnJ1O.jpg

The kids finally got hungry enough to be coaxed out of the water so we got a snack. We then headed toward the Steel Eel to see how the line was. It was walk on so G and I rode it while B finished his snack with DH. We kept walking around the lagoon and the kids wanted to play carnival game. There was a little pond that had rubber duckies floating on it that you could catch with a net. The bottom of the ducks were marked with a s, m, or, l to show what size prize you win. For 5$ each and a guaranteed prize I decided that this would make a good and cheap souvenir.
RzeG3uJ.jpg

The kids loved this and were quite pleased to win a turtle. They decided that they needed to do it again so they could win a matching turtle for their baby cousin.
urzUCr9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter