Seattle Hotels for less that $300/night Recommendations?

Kimberly1

Mouseketeer
Wow! I thought our Alaska cruise was expensive, but the more I plan of this entire trip, the costs are adding up FAST for the non-cruise aspects! :-)

So...we are 2 families - 6 total. The current plan is to need 2 rooms of 3 each. Everything I'm looking at is over $300 a night!! I'd love some recommendations.

We are flying into Seattle pretty late on the 7th and would like to grab a shuttle/cab (would take recommendations there too) into town to a hotel to spend 2 nights (August 7 and 8).

On the 8th we would like to sight see in Seattle - probably breaking into 2 groups as our interests vary. Some of the things we're interested in possibly seeing between us is the Space Needle, Pike Place Mkt, EMP, Pioneer Square, and the original Starbucks. Those are the top things on each persons' list. Also tings they are semi-interested in are the Locks and Aquarium. Again, we know we can't all do all of these things, but plan to separate. For example, we talked about 2 of us going up the space needle and the other 4 going to EMP, etc.

The real caveat is that on the morning of the 9th we have the early Amtrak to Vancouver and we will have lots of luggage. Our original plan was staying relatively close and taking a cab to station. After looking at prices, we'd be more willing to move out a little, but I guess also take a cab (or 2 with 6 of us).

Anyone want to help me figure this out. I'm the designated planner for our 2 groups.

Thanks ahead of time for all input.

2 years ago when we did DCL Alaska we flew into Seattle two days early. Here's what we did and it couldn't have been any easier.
After we landed at Seatac and got our luggage, we walked thru the airport parking garage and got on the train (ticket vending machine right at the boarding platform). We took it to the end of the line, which is a mall. At the time, I think the fare was $2.50 a person. Go upstairs at the mall, and there is an inside walk right into the lobby of the Mayflower Park hotel - very nice boutique hotel. We paid around $200/night.
The monorail station to the Space Needle is upstairs in the same mall.
Walk out the door of the hotel, walk to the corner - Starbucks, bus stops, shops, etc.
Quick 3 or 4 block walk to Pike Market.
The morning we were taking Amtrak to Vancouver, the hotel desk called us a cab - fare was $10 to the Amtrak station.
Every thing worked out great.
One day we took the bus to the Air & Space Museum - again, I think it was 2.00 or 2.50 pp. bus fare. If anyone in your party is interested in planes or aviation, this place was great.

2 years ago when we did DCL Alaska we flew into Seattle two days early. Here's what we did and it couldn't have been any easier.
After we landed at Seatac and got our luggage, we walked thru the airport parking garage and got on the train (ticket vending machine right at the boarding platform). We took it to the end of the line, which is a mall. At the time, I think the fare was $2.50 a person. Go upstairs at the mall, and there is an inside walk right into the lobby of the Mayflower Park hotel - very nice boutique hotel. We paid around $200/night.
Walk out the door of the hotel, walk to the corner - Starbucks, bus stops, shops, etc.
The morning we were taking Amtrak to Vancouver, the hotel desk called us a cab - fare was $10 to the Amtrak station.
One day we took the bus to the Air & Space Museum - again, I think it was 2.00 or 2.50 pp. bus fare. If anyone in your party is interested in planes or aviation, this place was great.

Thanks for the advice, but "No rooms are available for this property for Fri, Aug 07-Sun, Aug 09"

Great info...we will be doing some version of this in Aug 2016!

Great info...we will be doing some version of this in Aug 2016!

Take it from me! Book those hotels ASAP. I fear I have waited too long. The only hotels I'm finding that I consider a reasonable price and location have no availability or only king bed rooms and we must have 2 beds per room.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Space Needle. It was OK, just your regular tourist class hotel, but not too horribly priced (~270/night incl. tax). The rate included breakfast at the restaurant and the walk to the Space Needle after breakfast and then the few minutes walk to the bus stop to get to the Air Museum afterwards made it quite convenient. But honestly, if I were advising someone, I'd skip Seattle and spend an extra day in Vancouver. Vancouver is a much more beautiful and modern city, whereas Seattle (the city itself) had this rundown feel to it. At least that was my experience.

We booked the Pan Pacific for this coming June 7th at the end of June last year. I got a AAA rate and it will be about $205 US. We are doing 2 one-way rentals from Sea-Vancouver and then back. Flying in Saturday night, driving across the boarder and staying Saturday night outside of Vancouver and then dropping the car off in the morning and touring Vancouver on Sunday. When we get off the ship the following Monday we are heading back to Seattle to tour for the day and then flying out the next morning.

You might want to stay out by SEATAC and just take the Link light rail into the city for your day of sightseeing. It's very easy to do and not expensive ($2.50ish per person each way) You would still need to get to the train station on your departure day, but the cost savings of the SEATAC area hotel would easily pay for a cab.

Sorry for my post above. I read the title wrong and gave a suggestion for Vancouver instead of Seattle.

wow even some of my go to budget friendly brands are sky high so Seattle must be popular that weekend! Good luck! I like the suggestion of vrbo. You could also try homeaway or airbnb.

Also, are you sightseeing in Vancouver after the cruise? Maybe you could try swapping to do Vancouver before cruise and Seattle after.

Reactions: MUN
You might want to stay out by SEATAC and just take the Link light rail into the city for your day of sightseeing. It's very easy to do and not expensive ($2.50ish per person each way) You would still need to get to the train station on your departure day, but the cost savings of the SEATAC area hotel would easily pay for a cab.

This is what we ended up having to do. Yes, Seattle is obviously going to be busy that weekend. So many were booked full or prices were $$$$$. We picked the Hilton at the airport. We'll only have one day of sightseeing so we'll just ride the rail in....Now to figure out the best itinerary for that day to maximize our time and see everything we can. :-)

In Vancouver.... I see the Empire Landmark is a great price with a central location to Robson street restaurants on Trivago. Shangrila has a great price too.

Watertown Hotel has rooms available at about $260 a night. It's in the University District. The Pineapple Hospitality folks do a fantastic job. We love The Maxwell, but they're not available on the 8th, and it's $400 a night.

FWIW, Seattle is *always* busy during the summer, so rates are concurrent with that crowd. Several cruise ships leave from the piers downtown, so the rooms are priced accordingly. Pike Place Market is *insane* in the summer. That's why I like the Alibi Room for lunch when I'm near PPM. Most people don't know it exists and it's quiet, cool and relaxed.

Yeah, I'm staying in Seattle the night of the 8th after my RCCL cruise - doing one night in Vancouver, then the train to Seattle on the 8th and spending that night before a red-eye on the 9th - and booked my room almost as soon as I booked the cruise. I'm paying well under $100 less than the going rate at the hotel I booked (and looking around I'm not seeing anything cheaper - only more and more expensive). There are times waiting isn't a good option, and summer travel, especially to popular places, books up quickly.

The weekend before will likely be even nuttier because that's the closing weekend of Seafair.

Makes me glad my entire immediate family lives in the Seattle area and they all have extra cars I can borrow. :D

And yeah, Seafair weekend will be insane. I've no doubt that's why a lot of stuff is booked up. People go for the last weekend of SeaFair and stay for the week after.

We stayed at the Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center for our March flights (before and after). It was quite reasonable, we had 2 kings in the room and it was clean and quiet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter