Seating at Garden Grill

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by MUDisneyCouple, Apr 20, 2013.

1. MUDisneyCouple

MUDisneyCouple Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!

What are the seating arrangements like at Garden Grill? Do all of them rotate with a view of Living with the Land? :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. seb65

seb65 Earning My Ears

The entire restaurant rotates. We were seated at the lower level, where there were all booths. I think, but am not certain, they are tables on the upper level. My son enjoyed it immensely as he could see the ride as we rotated. He loved the food, even eating the adult food (served family style). Almost a year later, and he is still talking about it. It was his favorite dinner of the week.

4. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

The restaurant rotates, it's a big round platform. The outer lower level has booths which seat (maybe 4-6 people) which are closest to the edge and have the best visability of the Land ride section. The upper level has just simple tables and chairs, you are up a little higher, and can probably still see the Land ride below. We have sat in a booth, so I'm not sure how good the view is from the upper level.

5. MUDisneyCouple

Thanks! Hoping that someone who has sat uptop could give an idea of the view.

I'm hoping we can get a booth in the lower level...afraid that our 3y/o DD may be wanting to go see the ride closer the entire meal.

6. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

The view from the top section is fine. DD was too distracted by the characters to even pay attention to our view.

7. mastermind307

mastermind307 DIS Veteran

I have an ADR for Garden Grill at 4:00, can I request to be seated on the lower level? I prefer to sit in a booth. We sat in a booth on our previous visit and we enjoyed sitting there.

8. bentopher

bentopher Mouseketeer

I sat at the upper level with my boys last time. In what I saw of the "view" it was more like a background change, I didn't really see much of the ride below. The boys were way too exited to be interacting with the characters than the view anyway! :thumbsup2

And I didn't mind the table, I thought it was easier to get up and down for the boys to have photos taken. I couldn't imagine us sliding out of a booth to take photos (the booths are more "U" shaped" as opposed to 2 benches with a table in the middle).

Just food for thought :)

9. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We always request the lower level so we have a view of the Land scenery. Just let them know when you check in. :thumbsup2

10. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

You can always ask. The worst they can say is "no". FWIW, we are a party of two and have been seated in the lower level each time.

11. MSSANDRA

MSSANDRA DIS Veteran

We like to be on the lower level. They will try to honor your request but there could be a longer wait. It is a VERY cool design to the place. The characters are AWESOME, the service is pretty good and the food is very good quality but just not our favorite type of food. The kids sweet potato fries are amazing!

12. LarryBoy

LarryBoy Mouseketeer

Although the scenery is cool, and you can see it a little better on the lower level. It is really more of a backdrop like somebody else said, and the main attraction is really the characters. On a side note, this is my favorite character meal because it seems much more peaceful which I think is due to the round design. I think you get more character interaction there as well because it is not as big as some of the other character dining options.

13. MUDisneyCouple

Awesome insights!! Are the characters: Mickey, Chip and Dale and Pluto? Can't wait to try out this experience!!

14. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Yes, this is the usual character line up. Note that no characters are guaranteed, even Mickey and the Gang can get sick. If so, they will substitute another character.

15. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

This exactly. We've sat up top twice. If you need a high chair you will be seated up top at the tables. View is good but the kids don't care because of the characters. I doubt my kids even noticed.

16. ElizabethG

ElizabethG When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

The view from the top level was better than I expected. We have eaten there 5 times. 4 of them we were seated on the lower level and once on the top. We never made any seating request at the podium.