Seafood Buffet at Garden Grove?

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to Garden Grove in years. Has anyone gone on a Fri/Sat recently that could tell me if the food was decent?

I went a couple of years ago and it was very good. the seared scallops did not sit out very long - and they were fairly quickly replaced when they ran out...so it worked great when i was there but i could see there being a risk. the lobster was good but not excellent and the fried foods were good. the desserts were also really good.

(they also had a good discount for DVC owners.)

We went last year. The crab legs were stringy and hard toget out of the shell. Everything else was decent. I was glad we tried it, but I probably wouldn't go back.

We went last year. The crab legs were stringy and hard toget out of the shell. Everything else was decent. I was glad we tried it, but I probably wouldn't go back.

Did they still bring out the split lobster tails to the table?

I had one really good piece of prime rib and one not so good piece. During that meal we found out (the hard way) that the Swan and Dolphin restaurants don't accept Disney Gift Cards. That was a shocker.

Last edited:

We did it, maybe 2 years ago I cant remember. Dh and I both didnt care for it. I am not a lobster lover so he ate most of the stuffed one that they brought to the table to share. I dont think there was much of a selection of things that I like, so we arent going back.

We are very happy with Cape May.

Also if you have a magic band, they dont take it, so bring your credit card or cash.

We ate a little later and the place was practically empty

Did they still bring out the split lobster tails to the table?

I had one really good piece of prime rib and one not so good piece. During that meal we found out (the hard way) that they Swan and Dolphin restaurants don't accept Disney Gift Cards. That was a shocker.

Yes, they brought out the split lobster tails to the adults.

Our Ratings of Garden Grove Dinner Buffet: (*rev 01/10/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: C (Weekend Breakfast, only)
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Create-Your-Own Salad
. . . entree:.. Chef's Vegetarian Creation
. . . dessert:. n/a
NOTE: Effective 7/17/13, the Seafood Buffet is served Fri & Sat, only. The other buffets
have been deleted. Dinners are now ala carte. However, there still remains the daily Breakfast
Buffet Weekday and the Weekend Character Breakfast Buffet from 8:00am-11:00am. Dinner
service is very spotty and more frequently slow or non-existent.The food is below-par. We
found the Prime Rib to more cooked fat than cooked meat, and the chicken to be overcooked.
This might be a good place in an emergency, but not on a list when voluntariy chosing eateries.
We actually found the Vegetarian choices better than the meat and poultry. (Until now, we
thought "Vegetarian = Bad Hunter".)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter