Sea World Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by TeamTnC, Nov 5, 2012.

1. TeamTnC

TeamTnC Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Sea World is open on Thanksgiving? Is it crowded? Do they have a buffet or food? I looked on their web site but cannot find any info which leads me to believe they are closed. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

They are most definitely open on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure about special food offerings, and their hours haven't yet been posted, but they are open.

3. TeamTnC

TeamTnC Mouseketeer

Thank you Sonnyjane.

So after calling SeaWorld about Thanksgiving we have decided now to go the day after. Does anyone have any advice and tips? Will it be crowded?

First time to Sea World, learned how to navigate Disney here, now trying to do the same for Sea World. Thanks Everyone.

4. Camonkeygirl

Camonkeygirl DIS Veteran

It will be busy, but as long as you plan for it and are prepared to wait, you will be ok. Look at the website, and decide ahead of time what you want to do. The shows will fill up quickly, and may close before the start time (The Sea Lion and Otter show does this on a regular basis), so plan on being at the shows you want to see early. My favorite restaurant is the Ship Wreck Cafe, and DO NOT hit this one after a Shamu Show, and the lines will not be too bad.

Navigating Sea World is not that bad. I would look at the online map, and get a feel for it.