Sea World Question - - One Ocean vs. Shamu Rocks Show

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by redsoxfan808, Sep 18, 2012.

1. redsoxfan808

redsoxfan808 Earning My Ears

Any comments on these shows? Based on the descriptions on the Sea World site it seems like the "Rocks" show might have more lighting effects and music, among other things. The website also says the One Ocean show is "new". We saw the Shamu daytime shows at Sea World San Diego in 2010 and Sea World Orlando in 2011 but don't remember the names of the shows.

Should we try for both shows or is that Shamu overload? If you had to pick only one which would you see?. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

When are you planning to go to SW? The Shamu Rocks show is not always offered.

The One Ocean show is a snoooooooooooooooze fest. At least Shamu Rocks is more upbeat, but for a lot of the year the only show available is One Ocean.

4. redsoxfan808

We are going the last weekend in September. It looks like both will be showing then.

5. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

It's worth going to both... Sea World is expensive and if you go, especially if you don't go often, then I highly recommend seeing absolutely every show. I live here, go to SW often (for free through work) and have several friends that work there, so I have a very different view than the average out-of-town visitor. My FAVORITE show, the one that has the absolute best animal training and highest entertainment value, is Pets Rule!, followed by the sea lion show.

6. Huff

Huff DIS Veteran

I'm not impressed with either show but One World is better than the show it replaced. That said, both shows are worthwhile to see. The whales are amazing regardless of the show.

In years prior Shamu Rocks really did ROCK! The preshow involved a few entertainers getting the crowd upbeat, playing latest hits and getting the crowd on their feet and loud! The new Shamu Rocks has little of that. But it does have some good music and lighting effects that make it worthwhile.

One of the best Shamu shows is during the Christmas/New Years holidays. Whales do their show set to some great Christmas themed entertainment.

7. cornhead

cornhead Earning My Ears

Shamu Rocks Show is great.

8. redsoxfan808

Thanks for the responses. Just arrived in San Diego and looking forward to checking things out!