Sea World Park 2

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by DisneyExplorer, Apr 24, 2007.

1. DisneyExplorer

DisneyExplorer Mouseketeer

i have heard through the grapevine that Sea World is planning an adventure park, does anyone know anything about this?
    :goodvibes
    d.

2. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

The full name of each of the three Sea World parks (San Diego, Orlando, San Antonio) is "Sea World Adventure Park" -- so it's not a case of "planning" an "adventure park."

There are two Sea World parks in Orlando: (1) Sea World Adventure Park, and (2) Discovery Cove.

Sea World is a adding Aquatica, a water park, as their third park in Orlando. See http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com/

3. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

On a side note, is there anyone else who is wondering what took SeaWorld so long to make a water park? Wasn't that an obvious idea 30 years ago?

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. EUROPACL

EUROPACL DIS Veteran

I would say it has more to do with the history of ownership.

6. DisBride23

DisBride23 Counting the days until I return to the Happiest P

I'm doing my thesis on that part of Orlando. When I spoke to a representative at SeaWorld, I was told that the best part about Aquatica would be the slides that take you through lagoons full of animals. So, you'll "be in their habitat". But, Aquatica is still in the very beginning of the construction phase. As part of my research, I had to take a helicopter to take my own aerials. As of three weeks ago, the pieces to one slide were being brought in.
    So, that's the deal with Aquatica..

7. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Construction is actually starting to move along pretty rapidly, after a whole lot of nothing for months. You can now see the basic structure of the two main slides at either end of the park (each with multiple "lanes"), as well as the beginnings of a third slide in the middle. Cranes and trucks everywhere. Still a ways off, but you can begin to get a sense of the layout.

8. marconat

marconat DIS Veteran

Wow, now I have to go back and visit again.... Oh! well an other reason to visit Orlando ha! ha! Thing is, it takes me almost 2 years to put the money aside to go.... :sad1:

9. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

Good ole' Boardwalk and Baseball...I used to love that place! I wonder why they didnt at least try and salvage it.

Aquatica looks awesome!!

10. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

Bad location.

It was too far from the hotels of Orlando, Kissimmee, and Walt Disney World. If it had been near Sea World, it could have developed into a major Orlando-area attraction.

Boardwalk and Baseball was originally Circus World.

11. ConcKahuna

ConcKahuna <font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f

Bad location and the fact that it has been entirely leveled and a housing community is going there. You can look up the development, it's called "Posner Park" or "Posner Place" or similar. I drive past it all the time.

12. G8r4evr

G8r4evr DIS Veteran

Thats too bad. I thought it had great potential as a stand alone theme park...but maybe Im biased...we had several great field trips there when I was a kid =)

13. Grumpy_Disney_Dad

Grumpy_Disney_Dad <font color=teal>I didnt get my gold mickey ears <

Oh wow now that is a flashback. It just made me go dig out my "Official Clown for the Day" certificate I got for being in a Circus World Parade. Thanks for teh trip down memory lane

14. TomD

TomD Mouseketeer

I remember Circus World. I was picked to be a Clown juggler during a show. What a great day that was :thumbsup2

15. DisneyExplorer

DisneyExplorer Mouseketeer

WOW!! Well remembered! Those were good times! Haha! What was the main mascot/character? was it specs?