Sea World maps?

kcbedo

Narbles
Are there any websites that have printable Sea World maps? I found the interactive one at the Sea World site, but it's not too good for printing.

Thanks!

We had the same problem when we went in February. I looked forever! We are going again in May & still want to find a printable one! I really do not like the one on their site! I know it does not help with planning, but they do give you HUGE ones right at the front gate when you arrive. Enjoy your trip!

I am also having a lot of trouble finding maps, or any other planning material for that matter! :headache: It's hard for someone like me, who likes to plan and plan and plan...I love to study the maps before we visit a park, I think it saves so much time if you are familiar with it and can know, 'ok, we turn left here, ok cross the street and cut that corner." I am hopeful that someone will have a suggestion? :surfweb:

I have 2 from yesterday... they are a tad beat up but I'll be happy to mail them out to the first 2 PM's. The showtimes change daily but the map will be the same :)

Oh I definitely recommend the "Sea Lions Tonite" show - they parody the other shows and it's HILARIOUS! (Make sure you see Believe and the dolphin show during the day to "get" all the jokes)

Oh I definitely recommend the "Sea Lions Tonite" show - they parody the other shows and it's HILARIOUS! (Make sure you see Believe and the dolphin show during the day to "get" all the jokes)

Oh now that sounds like fun! We generally just see Believe and the Pets show, but your comment might get us to the sea lion show this time!

FWIW, although I love maps and they are generally a help to me, I hate, with a burning passion, the seaworld maps. I get MORE turned around if I try to use them. There's something about the perspective of the maps that makes me crazy-mad. Augh.

Oh now that sounds like fun! We generally just see Believe and the Pets show, but your comment might get us to the sea lion show this time!

FWIW, although I love maps and they are generally a help to me, I hate, with a burning passion, the seaworld maps. I get MORE turned around if I try to use them. There's something about the perspective of the maps that makes me crazy-mad. Augh.

OMG, thank you SO much for saying this! I thought I was the only one! :rotfl:

(And I wish SW had a times guide like DL. I don't need the map anymore, having been there a million times, but I always get it for the show schedule!)

OMG, thank you SO much for saying this! I thought I was the only one! :rotfl:

(And I wish SW had a times guide like DL. I don't need the map anymore, having been there a million times, but I always get it for the show schedule!)

Me Too! The perspective of SW maps drive me insane! (and not in a nice way :eek: .) Things are either closer, or farther, than they seem on the map. I'm always pointing guests in the right direction. I miss SW- haven't been lately due to the rise in the cost of gas. Right now it costs me about $65 r/t to drive there. Had to let my SW passes lapse! :scared1: Last year we had the platinum passes-loved being able to get there just before the shows started (10 min.) and get a seat! :goodvibes

Me Too! The perspective of SW maps drive me insane! (and not in a nice way :eek: .) Things are either closer, or farther, than they seem on the map. I'm always pointing guests in the right direction. I miss SW- haven't been lately due to the rise in the cost of gas. Right now it costs me about $65 r/t to drive there. Had to let my SW passes lapse! :scared1: Last year we had the platinum passes-loved being able to get there just before the shows started (10 min.) and get a seat! :goodvibes

But at least you live close to DL! :goodvibes

I'm going to cry when gas hits $4/gallon (it's $3.89 here already) and I really should stop making the drive to Anaheim. :mad:

I'm going to cry when gas hits $4/gallon (it's $3.89 here already) and I really should stop making the drive to Anaheim. :mad:

If and when gas hits $4 a gallon, I'll be metrolink-ing it to Anaheim and then to DL courtesty of the ART system:thumbsup2

It's only the nighttime one - the daytime show is the regular Clyde & Seymour one.

I haven't seen the pets one, DS has no interest :confused3 They just opened the Sesame Street 3-D movie and he doesn't want to see that either. We usually just go in the evening. A few weekends ago we were there from 5 to 8:30, saw 3 shows and pretty much all the exhibits. It was great! Once summer comes I think it will be a lot more crowded though. I hadn't been there since I was a kid until we got the passes this year... crazy how much hasn't changed :)

And - I just found out - there is FREE BEER in the Anheuser Busch place! Tasters, but still. Lol.

You're right! I win!:cool1: But I do miss SD. :confused3 DD8 and I might go down there for a few days in May while she's off track. Then we can do Sea World and WAP. :goodvibes I drew some plans for a house add-on down there and they've been wanting me to come by and see it finished. Maybe then I can write off the gas? :rotfl2:

juliana_sd said:
I haven't seen the pets one, DS has no interest

That's too bad-Pets Rule is pretty cute. Alot of dogs, cats, birds, and even a pig.

Thank you, juliana_sd, for the map!

Do the lines at Journey to Atlantis get long early? Is it neccisary to run straight there in the morning? I don't want a long line, but I also don't want the family to get wet right away and then complain if the morning is chilly.

Does anyone have any other advice on what order we should see the exhibits or shows? :surfweb:

You're welcome!

When are you going & what day of the week is it?

Normally it's easiest to decide what shows you want to see and schedule those, then use the exhibits as filler. The park is small so it's easy to criss-cross. If it's a busy day, you will need to get to the shows as much as 30 mins early to get seats. On a slow day 5-10 mins is plenty.

Atlantis... I don't know how they determine this, but the only time we rode it, the park opened at 10 and the ride didn't open until 11. It was walk-on but then again it was a weekday in January. We got WET too, and we were in the back. The people in the front row had it even worse! So be prepared. I'd probably say bring a change of clothes and leave them in a locker.

We are going to be at SeaWorld on the Saturday before Mother's Day. Does anyone know if the show times are usually consistant? I want to go with at least some idea of how to schedule our day, so I am hoping they remain somewhat the same as what they have listed on the website. The day we are there, the hours are 9-9. They don't list the nighttime Sea Lion show though, I was really looking forward to that. Does anyone know of a way to check and see if there are attractions closed or on a limited schedule?

Also, is traffic light on a Saturday night back to Anaheim?

Once the show hours are on the website they are pretty much set - I usually check the site before we go and they have always been the same at the park. But Sea Lions Tonite is on there, lumped in w/ Clyde and Seamore (the * one at 6:30 is SLT) :cool1:

Clyde and Seamore's Risky Rescue / Sea Lions Tonite*
10:45, 12:00, 1:15, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 6:30*, 7:30

I don't know about closed attractions, you could probably call. Last time we were there the manatee exhibit was closed and the sky tower thing was closed.

There are two different Shamu shows, Believe and Shamu Rocks. DS and I much prefer Shamu Rocks but you should see both if you can. Fireworks are at 8:55 usually. There are some things that close at dusk, like the dolphin feeding.

Traffic home shouldn't be a problem at night unless there is an accident. There is a border patrol checkpoint between SD and Orange counties so if they are checking cars then that might slow you down a little. (They just wave you through, no biggie.)

You'll be in SD while we're at WDW :)

Thank you again...I'm glad you cleared up that show issue for me, I misread it completely. :blush:

We are probably not going to stay for fireworks. I think we are going to head out right after the night Sea Lion show. After the long drive back, we will want to get some sleep, since the next day will be Mother's Day in DLR!!! :cool1:

I am so excited to hear you are headed to WDW...we were there at the end of November/beginning of December. It is always so fun. I hope you have a great trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter