sea sickness/kids

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by goodstarr, Jun 8, 2003.

1. goodstarr

goodstarr <font color=deeppink>Me thinks you've been dipping

I'll be doing the Wonder dance on June 15th with two 6 year olds and one 7 year old. What is safe and recommended for them to take to prevent sea sickness?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tbuot

tbuot DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>Wishes upon a star

Most children do not experience sea sickness. However, there is a children's dramamine. My two boys 2 and 5 didn't have any during the 7 night and I think you will find that to be true of your children also.

Have fun

4. Minnee

Minnee DIS Veteran<br><font color=maroon>NOT a copycat! ;

We've cruise twice, with our 3 dds, and neither time did they have any problem. One of my girls even gets car and air sick :( and she didn't even mention anything about the moving. I think that once they are up and running around in the club, they pay no attention to the movement.
    Have a great trip!!!

5. tezb

tezb There is a special place in heaven for the mother

I would bring some dramamine or seabands w/ you as a precaution. Everyone is different but kids can get seasick. I'm always prepared w/ the "medicine cabinet" when we vacation because kids are unpredictable...and mine are teens now! I'd rather be safe than sorry. You can also ask your pedi. I have given my youngest a half dramamine as a preventive the first couple nights only and it didn't make him sleepy at all.

6. goodstarr

Thanks. I'll make up a medicine bag.

7. Ursula's Mom

Ursula's Mom Mouseketeer

On our Jan. 2003 Wonder trip, my 6 yr old DD was slightly seasick. I was surprised because we have a small boat and she never experienced seasickness during any of our boat trips.

She felt sick about 6:30 pm (about half way through dinner). I took her back to the stateroom and gave her 1/2 dramamine. She felt better within 1/2 hour of taking it and we were able to go to the Hercules show.

She also felt sick again after leaving Castaway Cay on the way home. Again, I gave her 1/2 dramamine and she felt much better.

Our pediatrician said it was OK to use 1/2 dramamine tablet for her (age 6, 50 lbs.) if she became seasick.

8. goodstarr

9. DiaLady

DiaLady Ready for another vacation!

Hi Goodstar --

We're cruising with you on June 15th! I'm bringing my ds (6) and ds (8). With two 6 year olds it should be easy to find you :) Are you excited? I can't believe we leave for the land portion on Wednesday (that's the day after tomorrow already!). Is there a plan for DIS folks to meet on board?

Hope to see you in the kids play place.

Theresa
    :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: