sea sickness jabs/shots do they do them please help me

fostermim

Earning My Ears
:bounce:i am from uk can anyone tell me if they have sea sickness jabs on the disney cruise ships that you can request on bourding from the doctor if you are prepared to pay cos on all my previous cruises carnival and 2 other ships i have been extremely seasick and cant even walk however after the jab and a sleep of an hour i am up and away eating and dancing etc amazing worth the money at any cost i needed to repeat this jab every 3 days cos i get so ill but in between these jabs give me a great holiday cant go on any ship unless they will give jabs on request first day please help

Are you asking about shots? I know that a girl on our first cruise who was very ill got a shot but it didn't help her with the seasickness. So, they do have the meds on the ship.

I have a question I hope you can answer.

My family of 25 are cruising on the Wonder April 23-27, 2006. Only 2 of the 25 have been cruising before so I don't know if anyone in my family is prone to getting seasick.

I have bought Dramamine and Bonnie.

Do you know if we need to take these motion sickness pills each day (one per day) or just when you feel seasick?

fostermim said:
:bounce: can anyone tell me if they have sea sickness jabs on the disney cruise ships that you can request on bourding from the doctor if you are prepared to pay cos on all my previous cruises carnival and 2 other ships i have been extremely seasick and cant even walk however after the jab and a sleep of an hour i am up and away eating and dancing etc amazing worth the money at any cost i needed to repeat this jab every 3 days cos i get so ill but in between these jabs give me a great holiday cant go on any ship unless they will give jabs on request first day please help

pepsiontherocks said:
I have a question I hope you can answer.

My family of 25 are cruising on the Wonder April 23-27, 2006. Only 2 of the 25 have been cruising before so I don't know if anyone in my family is prone to getting seasick.

I have bought Dramamine and Bonnie.

Do you know if we need to take these motion sickness pills each day (one per day) or just when you feel seasick?

I have always taken bonine when we cruise. DH doesn't take anything. IDK if I would get seasick but choose not to find out. ;) I take one the morning we board...sometimes the day before if we go to WDW so I can ride the spinning rides with the kids. I take a pill each morning. I have heard that it isn't easy to get rid of sea sickness. It is easier to prevent it. BTW, I continue taking the pills for a few days after we get off the ship. Many people talk about swaying after getting off the ship & this helps to prevent that.

Thank you so much for the advice about how to take the motionsickness pills. That helps me tremendously and I appreciate it so much.

lbgraves said:
I have always taken bonine when we cruise. DH doesn't take anything. IDK if I would get seasick but choose not to find out. ;) I take one the morning we board...sometimes the day before if we go to WDW so I can ride the spinning rides with the kids. I take a pill each morning. I have heard that it isn't easy to get rid of sea sickness. It is easier to prevent it. BTW, I continue taking the pills for a few days after we get off the ship. Many people talk about swaying after getting off the ship & this helps to prevent that.

I have one more question about seasickness.

Do children get seasick? I have children going who are ages 3-9 yo. Should I put them on preventive pills too? Do you know at what age a person is apt to get sea sick (if children do not usually get sea sick). I just don't want any of my family members missing out on their vacation because they are sea sick. I'm also taking lots of sunscreen lotion - don't want any of us sunburned either.

lbgraves said:

fostermim said:
:bounce: can anyone tell me if they have sea sickness jabs on the disney cruise ships that you can request on bourding from the doctor if you are prepared to pay cos on all my previous cruises carnival and 2 other ships i have been extremely seasick and cant even walk however after the jab and a sleep of an hour i am up and away eating and dancing etc amazing worth the money at any cost i needed to repeat this jab every 3 days cos i get so ill but in between these jabs give me a great holiday cant go on any ship unless they will give jabs on request first day please help

Why not ask for "the Patch" from your doctor before you leave home?

Consult with your child's doctor before you give them anything. Most of these meds are for adults & children either can't take them or need a much lower dose. Neither of our kids have gotten ill from this on 3 cruises.

JJsmama said:
Why not ask for "the Patch" from your doctor before you leave home?

Hmmm, because the patch is evil :maleficen at least for me. I know all have different reactions. But, I am curious about these "jabs" :confused3 I'm wondering if it is similar to what can be put in anesthesia to stop nausea.

Thank you for the advice.

lbgraves said:
Consult with your child's doctor before you give them anything. Most of these meds are for adults & children either can't take them or need a much lower dose. Neither of our kids have gotten ill from this on 3 cruises.

i am from uk as i have said before i have always paid for my jabs onboard a cruiseship i havent been on disney ships before so need to know if anyone knows if they are available on board on request they have been advertized on other ships i have been on in the daily ship newspaper in the cabin and the prices listed and also when the waves are rough they announce it on tannoy to not suffer but to get to medical centre and ask for shot/jab they work instantly you get sedative effect for about 1 hour then right as rain after tho cos i get seasick really badly last cruise throwing up for nine hours cos i had tried tablets first, so had to wait for jab 2nd day need to repeat jab every 3 days they work for most for 1 week ,loads of people had them on 3 of my cruises miricle workers please can anyone who has any info about this being freely available option on disney ships please post i realize it would cost a fortune but it is the only way for me to cruise the doctor on my last med cruise said i must always get a sickness jab on boarding before setting sail cos i am very bad all british ships seem to have them available and advertized in cabin with cost but we cant get the patches you mention here in england

two-foxes said:
Hmmm, because the patch is evil :maleficen at least for me. I know all have different reactions. But, I am curious about these "jabs" :confused3 I'm wondering if it is similar to what can be put in anesthesia to stop nausea.

really, two? I loved it! But I was REALLY needed it, so maybe it is relative. I was puking all night before I put it on. I always have motion issues, but we also had heavy seas. (The Captain even had to come on and make an announcement: The ship is not in trouble.) So I was loving it.

Fostermim,
It doesn't seem that any of us are familiar with the 'jab', but if it works, get us the info!! Maybe your doctor would let you bring one in a hypodermic and administer yourself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter