SEA DAYS.....what have been your favorite activities?

On our Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise in December, we often lounged on Deck 4 and read during sea days. Very relaxing and quiet. You can choose sun or shade depending on which side of the ship you choose (port or starboard) There are not many lounge chairs on Deck 4, so grab one early.

Lay out on deck 4 the loungers are amazing! Eat cause the food is delicious spa treatments aqua duck shows movies. Midship detective. There's always a ton of activities to do :) I used sea days to take pictures of the ship as well

Lay out on deck 4 the loungers are amazing! Eat cause the food is delicious spa treatments aqua duck shows movies. Midship detective. There's always a ton of activities to do :) I used sea days to take pictures of the ship as well

That's a great idea. Just thought... a family photoshoot around the ship would be really fun!

Lots of great ideas here! :goodvibes

:wave:Hi Kim! I can't wait for all the sea days on our cruise! I've had sea days before, but never this many. My SIL and I really enjoyed cove cafe on our our last two cruises. We would get up before kids and DH's and go up there and have a good cup of coffee and a free pastry and just sit in the lounge chairs and watch the ocean go by. A couple of times we sat at the barstools and had conversations with the barista. I love when they have time to talk, they really seem to enjoy it. Once everyone was up we would do a leisurley breakfast and the kids would pick what they wanted to do then we would head to the adult pool and have some blended fruity beverages. I also love to browse the shops at least once a day. And I like the talks too...they have all kinds. Last time we went to one on how they designed WDW, it was very interesting. There is so much to do!
A good plan is to sit down with the family at the end of each night and go over the navigator for the next day and see what things sound fun to you. I've yet to make it to the spa, maybe this will be the cruise that I do. :thumbsup2

:wave:Hi Kim! I can't wait for all the sea days on our cruise! I've had sea days before, but never this many. My SIL and I really enjoyed cove cafe on our our last two cruises. We would get up before kids and DH's and go up there and have a good cup of coffee and a free pastry and just sit in the lounge chairs and watch the ocean go by. A couple of times we sat at the barstools and had conversations with the barista. I love when they have time to talk, they really seem to enjoy it. Once everyone was up we would do a leisurley breakfast and the kids would pick what they wanted to do then we would head to the adult pool and have some blended fruity beverages. I also love to browse the shops at least once a day. And I like the talks too...they have all kinds. Last time we went to one on how they designed WDW, it was very interesting. There is so much to do!
A good plan is to sit down with the family at the end of each night and go over the navigator for the next day and see what things sound fun to you. I've yet to make it to the spa, maybe this will be the cruise that I do. :thumbsup2

:wave: back! :)

I love to learn new stuff-I can see myself going to some of the talks etc.

I love a good cup of coffee in the morning. Maybe we'll meet up there sometimes! Can't wait!

I tend to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, so we spent a lot of time away from deck 9 on both of our cruises. Our last one to Canada was very foggy and chilly on deck at times.

Here are some of the things we enjoyed as a family around the ship on sea days

Character Dance Parties in the atrium
Animation Drawing Classes at Animators
Towel Folding Classes
Movies in Buena Vista
Walking/Joggin on Deck 4
Shuffle Board on Deck 4
Character Meet and Greets
Tea with Alice
Playhouse Disney Time
Relax with the family
Some time at the pool/splah pad area

Those are just some of the activities I can remember off the top of my head.

The unplanned times were some of the best times.

Our DD 11 will sooo get into this. :goodvibes

My DD11 loved it as well! The only thing was that she got frustrated with some of the harder characters. Don't miss Mickey/Minnie because they are the easiest. Then Stitch, Donald/Daisy, Goofy and Woody. (If these are offered on your cruise.) Woody was by far the hardest, IMO. Often, it was difficulty level that decided which would be offered for families or adults only.

I'm planning on bringing my own eraser and graph paper for my next cruise because they offered little half pencils for half of the classes and printer paper.

Walking deck 4
Reading on my verandah, quiet Cove area, or out on the decks anywhere
Alcohol tasting classes
Watching a movie
Sitting by the Mickey pool while my DS played, chatting with other parents or intermittently reading my book
Browsing through the shops
Just walking and checking out the ship

Any photography classes or that type pf thing?

I have only seen photography excursions on the Alaska cruise - never classes or seminars on the ships. DH is a photography nut, though, so one of his favorite pastimes is going up to the upper decks and taking scenery shots, even if it is of the sunset or the starry sky! :)

3Down1Up said:
I have only seen photography excursions on the Alaska cruise - never classes or seminars on the ships. DH is a photography nut, though, so one of his favorite pastimes is going up to the upper decks and taking scenery shots, even if it is of the sunset or the starry sky! :)

I would love if they offered a photography class!!

I love taking pics. I would soooo take a class if one was offered. It's the kind of thing that I NEVER would have time to do in my regular life, but I would love to on a cruise. Ah, well.....I'll still take plenty, I'm sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter