SDMT Soft Opening Lookout Post

Sounds like people made a line and eventually they started letting them in. If you are there, try and get on!

Sounds like people made a line and eventually they started letting them in. If you are there, try and get on!

I wanted to brave that long line so bad! But dont want DS to be frustrated. Better to have an excuse fir another trip to WDW. Good luck to all! Might try 6am tomorrow.

We went to SDMT just to take a look around yesterday morning and saw the queue building up outside the entry gate, ran over, and had the line cut off right in front of us. So disappointing!
I'd like to say we didn't let it bother us, but in truth, it ruined our day.

I get the distinct impression this SDMT business is all about building excitement for a mediocre ride which has been sitting relatively empty for weeks in the middle of their busiest park.
Well, it seems to be working since missing out on a mediocre attraction completely wrecked your day.:rolleyes1

I heard them say they werent testing it today. Then 2 hours later we walked by and there were people on it. Its way too hot for us to stand around in hopes that we might get to go on it. We are just going to wait until it is officially opened and use a fastpass.

It is frustrating when they lie to you. Just asked and they said they are only letting cast members on today.

My parents got on it today. They were waiting in that line and eventually got on. They did wait 2 hours but I think they're happy they did. It's their 40th wedding anniversary trip and they're not sure when they'll be back. I'm glad they got on, I've been keeping up with this thread and calling and texting them constantly to keep trying! So sorry to everyone who wasn't able to get on! Guess that just means you'll have to plan another trip!

It is frustrating when they lie to you. Just asked and they said they are only letting cast members on today.

They were just letting cast today originally. We walked right up before noon and were let right in (as cast), there was a HUGE line up of guests outside but they weren't letting them in. And the trains were definitely not running full. We looped 7x before heading off to other adventures but I suppose we could of looped all day.

It is a cute ride but I will be honest and let people know that it is not sized very generously. The seats are individual cut outs and the leg space between the individual lap bar is not enough plus there is really no space for bags. DH was pretty much sitting on my purse the whole time and I had shoved our shopping bags between my knees.

And there appears to be a single rider line which is odd for such a snuggly seating arrangement.

The seats are individual cut outs and the leg space between the individual lap bar is not enough plus there is really no space for bags. DH was pretty much sitting on my purse the whole time and I had shoved our shopping bags between my knees. And there appears to be a single rider line which is odd for such a snuggly seating arrangement.

Eeep. This worries me a little.

We walked by several times checking on the line, and it was just too long in the direct sun. I couldn't justify giving over a big chunk of an MK day to a maybe line. Especially since I had the kids with me. It did look like fun when we stopped to watch.

Been here in line for an hour and a half and it's very discouraging hearing the cast members blatantly lying to guests. Because we know non cast members have been on and now the attendants are basically mocking us to other people coming up and asking what we are waiting in line for.

Lots of entitlement going on for an attraction that is not officially open yet.

Wait a minute. When I booked my trip months ago, there was every indication that it would be open by now. The media blitz. The commercials, the online games. We leave Sunday, 3 days before the opening which was just announced a couple weeks ago. By the tine the opening was announced, I couldn't change my plans to stay an extra 3 days, as much as I'd like to.

We won't be back for at least 2 years.

Don't mistake disappointment for entitlement.

Each customer has a right to be disappointed. I understand how you feel. I would be extremely disappointed if the chips did not fall right and I missed my opportunity. In your case, you're not entitled. However, there are people that are getting angry at Disney for reasons such as waiting in line for a ride that isnt open and mad they could not get on it, upset at Disney for not having it open and pointing fingers / blaming. To be mad and blame Disney for dragging heals, not having a soft opening, or whatever feeling similar is obnoxious. There have been commercials, e-mails, teasers, but they have only said it'd be open in Spring. Even though it was 94 degrees today, it's still spring.

I hope that everyone has an opportunity before their vacation may end. Disappointed is a feeling that I would have. However, blaming, being angry at Disney, getting upset at CM... that's a bit too much.

It's open!!

My wife and I were the first two official guests to ride it this morning! A manager took our picture with his cell phone before we went into the queue. Just got off and now it's a 90 minute and rising wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter