Screen names: what does yours mean?

I was a Psychology/Theatre major who played the cello who lived with a Chemistry/Spanish major. I would also haul my cello across campus to actually use the practice rooms instead of annoying my dorm mates. CrazyCelloGirl just didn't sound as good. :) The name's just stuck from college years...

Mine started when I was in college, about 20 years ago, lol! I was signing up for some account online (I think it may have been excite.com, does that even still exist???).

I had never done anything like that and DH (well BF at the time) was trying to help me... I couldn't think of a screen name so he first suggested I use my school email handle, which started with "gt" (for Georgia Tech), but that looked dumb so instead of the random string of numbers after the "gt" I put "poohbear" since I had always been a big Pooh fan.

Somehow the name stuck, and now I use it for everything.

Love it!!
I wish I was swimming at SAB right now. It's 12 degrees celcius in melbourne and grey and drizzling :-(
We stayed at YC for 6 nights and didn't get into the pool. Ludicrous isn't it? We sat at the pool bar and then the one afternoon we planned on swimming, we both fell asleep on a pool lounge!

Whaaaat? It's WINTER in Melbourne? It's like you guys are upside-down, or something. Everyone knows it's still summer. ; )

I haven't been to the Yacht Club yet, but I think that's got Stormalong Bay, with the sand pool, pirate ship, etc? I love walking under the pirate ship slide on my way to Epcot from wherever.

I can't fault you for falling asleep on a lounge next to the pool. My favorite thing is to alternate between doing exactly that, and the swimming! The combo is just delicious.

It's raining here in the Northeastern USA today. Such wonderful things to think of! Thank you!

Some of the best naps of my life have been at WDW, and at pools - AKL and Swolphin, under the waterfall, with the "zen" sound of it lulling me to lullabye land, and the mist from it cooling me off "just right".....aaaaaah. :)

There's a waterfall to lie under at the Swolphin? My goodness, I had no idea! That sounds fantastic. Want want!

The boat ride at The Land in Epcot used to be called Listen to the Land. The first line of the ride's theme song was "Just make believe...you're a tiny little seed...a tiny little seed that's reachin' up to meet your need." I loved that song as a kid, so that's my screen name. :)
P.S. I'm sure many of you who are 40+ years old like me sang this post in your head as you read the part that's in quotes. :rotfl2:

TOTALLY singing that in my head now!!! OK, gotta put it on the headphones...

Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed,
a tiny little seed that's reaching up to meet your need.
With the right amount of faith, and the right amount of earth,
you'll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth.

[CHORUS]
Let's listen to the land we all love,
nature's plan will shine above,
listen to the land, listen to the land.

When springtime comes, how can you tell?
The air is always filled with orange blossom smell.
Come summertime, the warmest sun shines,
and world is full of flowers and good melon rinds.

CHORUS

When autumn falls, it's a harvest show,
with north winds blowing all the seeds that it must sow.
Come winter time, the rain must fall,
'till once again the new year and the springtime call.

CHORUS

The seasons come, and the seasons go,
nature knows everything it has to know.
The earth and man, can be good friends,
let's listen so our harvest time will never end.

Let's listen to the land we all love,
nature's plan will shine above,
listen to the land, listen to the land.

THANK YOU for the reminder of this! Wonderful.

Not Disney related and kinda boring, So I like bats (the animals), I feel they get a bad rap and my lone tattoo is a tribal bat. 67 is my birth year.

My weirdest --and arguably most fun-- job ever was training bats, in college. They are actually sweet, cuddly creatures that love having their heads rubbed. They want nothing more than to cuddle up somewhere warm and sleeeeeeep. The two I worked with I named Betsy and Fernando; while I was working with one, I'd put the other in the breast pocket of a vest I usually wore, or just hung them on my shirt where I could give them a pet now and then.

A little background: We were studying echolocation, and so I was training wild-caught bats to fly in specific patterns so that they'd go past high-speed cameras as they maneuvered and caught prey. Once we had that, we could match up their behavior to their vocalizations. There were many surprises! A big discovery was that bats don't catch their prey in their mouth-- they scoop it into the "pocket" that they create with their prehensile tail and adjoining soft skin. Then they stick their heads into that tail-pouch and eat --still flying! It looked like the Golden Snitch, but making munching noises! Too cute.

My weirdest --and arguably most fun-- job ever was training bats, in college. They are actually sweet, cuddly creatures that love having their heads rubbed. They want nothing more than to cuddle up somewhere warm and sleeeeeeep. The two I worked with I named Betsy and Fernando; while I was working with one, I'd put the other in the breast pocket of a vest I usually wore, or just hung them on my shirt where I could give them a pet now and then.

A little background: We were studying echolocation, and so I was training wild-caught bats to fly in specific patterns so that they'd go past high-speed cameras as they maneuvered and caught prey. Once we had that, we could match up their behavior to their vocalizations. There were many surprises! A big discovery was that bats don't catch their prey in their mouth-- they scoop it into the "pocket" that they create with their prehensile tail and adjoining soft skin. Then they stick their heads into that tail-pouch and eat --still flying! It looked like the Golden Snitch, but making munching noises! Too cute.

That's pretty cool!!

How totally cool. Thanx for posting, I was fascinated reading that!

Mine's just a childhood nickname. Magpies are clever little birds with a particular fondness for shiny objects. :thumbsup2 They're also apparently the only bird capable of recognizing itself in a mirror.

Mine has no meaning, it's actually a couple different old screen names shortened and squished together. It is interesting in games as a lot of things happen by "accident".

Tonka is the name of our families 1954 , 22' Chris Craft Sea Skiff. My Dad brought her in 1958 and she has been in the family since then. Tonka is a Sioux native American word meaning long lived and high spirited. My Dad always said if she survived 3 sons she was well named! Well she has survived 61 seasons in Long Island Sound, been 10 mile to sea off Montuck a couple of years and is now in highland lake where we live.

AKK

Attachments

• IMG_2831.JPG
    IMG_2831.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 4
  • TONKA 2012.pdf
    317.5 KB · Views: 1
I pulled mine from three literary/entertainment references:

The Hero and the Crown (Robin McKinley) - main character was Aerin. I always loved that book and The Blue Sword, of which Hero is a prequel.
Then I read The Silmarillion (Tolkien) and ran across a bit character there of the same name.
And then I found Farscape - with Aeryn as one of the characters in it.

It was too much not to hang on to. Plus I like unusually spelled names, and Aerin reminds me of aerie vs eyrie.

The 75 is more prosaic - the year I was born. :)

So another non-Disney one.

Great thread! Very fun to read all the backgrounds.

For a number of years I have been a big user of a weather forum and I chose this name due to where I live (a little town called Hubbardston) and my name. I have since changed my name on that forum

And I love snow so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter