Screaming on board; an issue?

Neptune's Fork

DIS Veteran
I have a first time cruise scheduled three months out and had a coworker that has been on a Disney cruise tell me that when you first board, clear out of the lobby area quickly because there is a lot of screaming from excited people boarding when they are announced. He said it was so bad on his that he had a headache the rest of the day. I'm feeling like this is an exaggeration but what do I know. Is this really an issue?

Personally I would think the screaming would be more of an issue at the end of the cruise when people get their bar bill.

Yes, like I said, this guy can definitely exaggerate, that's why I came here for the reliable answer. The problem is sometimes he's accurate so you never know.

:) I think we all know someone (or multiple people) like that.

In this case, this is a non issue in my experience. He probably had a headache with the boarding process more so than the announcement process. Sometimes THAT can be a very intense situation. lol

Yeah I agree, No super screaming like HE mentioned. Sounds like he was speaking of TOT @ WDW more than boarding a Disney Cruise. If you really want to check try searching some YouTube videos. Most of the cheering and clapping is by the crew that announces you, but nothing to give you an all day headache IMHO.

I would say there is some cheering when guests board and are announced, but I have never heard "screaming". And really once I'm in, I'm on my way upstairs to lunch so I really don't hear anyone else get announced.

I think I am in line with the rest of the people. There is some cheering but nothing out of the ordinary. Also, you can pretty easily leave that area and not here it at all.

From my experience what you were told was an exaggeration. I haven't found it to be loud at all. The cheers are minimal.

On a side note, I love walking on the ship, giving them our name "Skywalker" lol ;) and getting the cheers and welcome aboard!

Two DCL cruises under my belt, and I have no clue what he's talking about. I'd stop talking to that guy about vacation!! You will love your cruise :)

Boarding is really about as low key as you can expect given that it's a Disney cruise. Not as mellow as our Princess cruise, but it's not like people shriek in exhilaration as soon as they set foot on the boat.

I have to agree with the others that this is NOT an issue (and I get migraines from noise and lights).
Ive been on 7 DCL cruises and have found for me just the opposite of screaming occurs - once I pass through the line where they announce you and clap, I walk into the atrium awestruck with a tear in my eye, and my jaw drops while staring speechless at how beautiful it is, thinking "OMG I can't believe I'm back on the ship!"

We boarded fairly early and there was no screaming. Just had someone saying names and CMs clapped. Some guests clapped too, but it was mostly normal volume chit-chat and nothing very loud at all.

If anyone hears screaming, it is on the last day of the cruise, when they are forcing me off the ship. I am holding on tight to the staircase banister with no less than 4 cast members are trying to pull me off, as I am screaming " I WON'T GO, I TELL YOU!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOOO, DON'T MAKE ME LEAVE!!! PUH-LEEZE!!!!"

That screaming?

I have to agree with the others that this is NOT an issue (and I get migraines from noise and lights).
Ive been on 7 DCL cruises and have found for me just the opposite of screaming occurs - once I pass through the line where they announce you and clap, I walk into the atrium awestruck with a tear in my eye, and my jaw drops while staring speechless at how beautiful it is, thinking "OMG I can't believe I'm back on the ship!"

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets a little choked up! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter