Scrapbooking rumor....

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Spinning, May 10, 2003.

1. Spinning

Spinning <font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something

Not sure how true this is or not. My my consultant from SIAS said she was told Micheal's is going to open a scrap book store only. The first is to open In Texas and if it goes over well they will expand.
    Granted this would be wonderful and good prices but how will the LSS compete?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Beanie

Beanie ~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~

That is awesome!! Well for me anyway..I don't have a LSS anywhere near me, so Michaels is the only place I can go, which is 3 hours away! I am glad to hear they will have only scrapbook stuff, I am sure it will go over great!! :):)

4. DiznEeyore

DiznEeyore <font color=navy>Donkey-Huggin' DVC Member<br><fon

I think this rumor is true! It was mentioned a while back on a scrappin' board and then someone posted a link to a press release or a business article of some type talking about Michael's growth and the fact that they were going to do the scrapbook store. It could be very interesting!! :)

5. RRBB

RRBB <font color=3333FF>I think I'm in the mood for Ton

Hmmmm... I wonder where in Texas. I was in Michael's the other day and they were in the process of rearranging - moving the scrapbooking section up to the front of the store.

6. JESW

JESW <font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a

Mmmmmm..I wonder if that is why A.C.Moore is revamping their entire scrapbboking section???

Jill

7. giatocj

giatocj Mouseketeer

This is true...the name of the store is going to be Recollections (or something along that line) and their trial store(s) are going to be in the DFW, Texas area. I hope it works out for them...maybe at some point they'll bring one up to MA!!

Donna C.

8. FantasticDisFamily

FantasticDisFamily <font color=navy>Sent <font color=red>on a <font c

Ok, after hearing about Michaels so much on these boards I finally visited one out of town (don't have one locally) and have to say that I wasn't particularly impressed.

Maybe I am just really spoiled by my LSS. But I didn't find much selection and almost everything was in packs - I'm used to buying paper by the sheet and stickers as needed off open rolls. Also overall it was more expensive than my LSS.

Deb

9. WDWMom

WDWMom DIS Veteran

Deb,

I agree with you. I am not impressed with Michael's at all. Our LSS's have a great selection of everything and you can buy by the sheet or sticker and not in bulk. Here in West MI, I do not think Michael's could even compete scrapbooking wise. They have very little to offer compared to LSS.

Sue

10. MerryPoppins

MerryPoppins <font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b

I shop the LSS and Michaels. Gotta love those coupons! Hope they put one in the OKC area soon.

11. Gillian

Gillian <marquee><font color=green>I'm the only crazy disn

We have a new Michaels near me. The scrapbooking section is in the front, to the right.

It's the only one I've been in, so I can't compare, but they had a lot of nice stuff. AC Moore has way more paper by the sheet, but Michaels had individual die cuts, which were just what I was looking for. They did have a big selection of things/small kits in packs, a lot of books, lots of albums and a ton of paper in pads.

I think AC Moore just raised their Sizzix price, unless there are 2 models. It was $99 vs $79 at Michaels.

12. rvoto

rvoto My DH built me a scraproom with his very own hands

A.c moore will match michaels prices. and can some one tell me what is the name of that store you all love.

13. beansmom

beansmom <font color=blue>Your dream eludes you? Don't you

I shop lots of different places and I do go to Michael's. Just like everywhere else, sometimes they have incredible sale prices.

Last week all 59 cent paper was 5 for $1. I got $40 worth of paper for $13.50. Not bad.

14. JESW

JESW <font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a

rvoto...the store we all love? Do you mean lss? If so, that's short for local scrapbook store. :)

15. rvoto

Jesw thanks ! I'm not new to scrapbooking but I am new to disboards and those chat rooms. I sure feel like the lightbulb just went onand I sure feel silly ! Thanks

16. holycow

holycow I Am the Rebel Spy

Don't feel silly! At least you had the courage to post and ask the question! There are still quite a few abreviations that I don't know what they stand for! LOL

Welcome to the Dis!

Holycow

17. rvoto

Hol ycow, Thanks for making me feel so at home. I tent to ask lots of questions that make me feel silly but I do learn alot
    Thanks again. rvoto