• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scrapbooking onboard

Diyara

Earning My Ears
I´ve read in a few threads about scrapbooking at the ship. Are there scrapbooking classes at the disney magic too? (7 Night western caribbean) and what will it cost?

:flower3: Diyara

There is a scrapbooking session on the Magic - or at least there was on the Eastern. It is about 45 minutes and is free. They don't advise you much on how to do it, but you get a couple of free pages, get to look at the scrapbooks and kits they offer and they put lots of things out on the tables for you to use or take away to help with your scrapbooking.
I took DD who was 4 and she loved gluing and sticking things onto her pages!
I had hoped it was going to be more of a this is how to do it session but it wasn't.
The future cruise people are there too to talk about re booking while on board benefits.

I did this last year on the Magic. I had a nice time, but just a note if you are a serious scrapbooker - other than the pages that they give you (I think I got 4 pieces of 12x12) the products are not acid free.

I went to the scrapbooking session on our Oct 10 sailing on the Wonder. You do get a small pack of paper (and anything free is lovely), but the supplies provided to scrapbook are far less than what anyone who actually scrapbooks on a regular basis would want. None were archival quality products (feathers?), and they put out tons of discarded photos from previous cruisers we could choose from. I suppose you could salvage a Wonder logo from one of them, but no one really wants to scrap a random family. No instruction was provided. This was presented by the onboard booking desk, so it was partially a short pitch to consider re-booking onboard.

I went and was quite disappointed. They gave us the papers... and then pretty much left us to our own devices. The kids were having fun but if you were there to get tips or advice on scrapbooking, this wasn't the place. I left pretty early into the session and went to the remainder of a session on shopping in Cozumel (or was it Key West). I ended up winning a diamond necklace (or something they said was diamond ... I gave it to my mom. :rotfl: )

I did meet a DISer at the scrapbooking!! That was a good thing that came out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter