Scrapbooking Group ~ What Magazines....

Discussion in 'UK Community Board' started by Janice, May 2, 2002.

1. Janice

Janice Super Shopper

do you subscribe to or buy regularly, and where do you get them from?

I have managed to collect 1/2 a dozen or so, in the relatively short time I have been interested, a couple I got free from Mark at Scraptastic when I bought a book, and another
    couple I have bought when visiting Art Base.

I just wondered, now I am becoming more familiar with Scrapbooking which magazines you all get and where from?? :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BevS97

BevS97 disney scrapper

I have read them all at one time or another, but now I try and stick to Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks and the occassional PaperKuts. I think my favorite is Simple Scrapbooks.

I really don't like Ivy Cottage - it's very paper-doll oriented which isn't me at all - and there is a Better Homes and Gardens one which is quite nice but it doesn't come out very often.

I get them all from Scraptastic - I have a standing order for CK and SS and Mark rings me whenever PK comes in and I tend to take that as well

bev

4. Fiona R from UK

Fiona R from UK Mouseketeer

Crumbs Janice!!

I have half a dozen or so since October (no free ones!!!)

3 or 4 Creating Keepsakes, a Paperkuts and a Memory Makers. Like the first two but not the last!!

I won't allow myself to subscribe!!!!

5. radamson

radamson Earning My Ears

I'm with Bev and Fiona on the Magazines - I like CK

In CK they seem to have the right balance between layouts and articles. They also show you a mix of layouts using paperdolls, punches and different techniques.

I also like Paperkuts too.

I usually get my magazines from Borders Bookstore (as they are American they sell most of the scrapbooking magazines). They usually cost £4.25.

I'm not sure if you have this store near you but we have one in York (so it saves on postage for me).:) :)

Becky

6. NatalieD

NatalieD Earning My Ears

I've got 9, but 6 of those were free from Mark at Scraptastic. I've subscribed to
    CK and last weekend I bought the new Paperkuts at Artbase. I really like CK
    the best out of all of them.

7. caroley

caroley Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

I'm turning into a magazine addict :D
    So far I have:
    3 Simple scrapbooks which I have now subscribed to.
    1 memory makers which is my least favourite so far.
    2 better homes which I like a lot. There's a couple of beach ones in the latest issue that I can't wait to scraplift ;)
    3 CK which I also like a lot.

So, that's 9 in 2 or 3 months. Ooops!

8. BevS97

BevS97 disney scrapper

Are we counting them? Oh dear - I have rather a lot... at least 20 probably more.
    I have a pile in the living room by my favorite chair, a couple by the bed, and one or two in the bathroom for a little read when I am supposed to be getting ready for work!

Bev

9. Sleepy Dragon

Sleepy Dragon Earning My Ears

I've managed to accumulate about 8 since December - mostly CK.

I have just made a 2 year subscription to CK - around £80 for 20 issues (including postage). I found this to be much cheaper than buying it from Artbase each time for £4.99 plus postage.

This has just come through on my credit card but haven't had my first issue yet - hubby wondered what on earth I had been spending £80 on in USA!!!

I like the articles in CK - I know the layouts can be rather spectacular but I really like the layout and the size of the magazine. I found simple scrapbooks a bit thin for the same price as CK.

Julie