Scrapbooking Group ~~ Punch Swaps???

sorry, I've had a hectic weekend scrapping - I think we are just about there, I was just waiting to see if Fiona was interested.

Bev - variety of small leaves
Janice- heart
Christine (Nick the Cat) - Balloon
Carole - flower power, flower, daisy or heart (how about hearts Carol?)
Sleepy Dragon - Disney one's?
Kaylee - Swirl (if that's ok Kaylee)
Natalie - Daisy
Hilary - ???

Sleepy Dragon-
I don't think the silhouette one's would work for a swap would they? or can you cut the heads out of the silhouette?

If everyone could make 8 bags of 10 punches up and put them in an envelope and send them to me by next Monday 13th May, then I will swap them around and send them straight back out,

Please enclose a SASE for me to send the punches back to you

I'll PM you all now with my address.

Bev

I think that we do a mixture of colours - is that right Bev??

Is that right that you want me and Carole to both do Hearts Bev?

Also - is it just Cardstock, or is a mix of that and paper ok too??

I dont mind which I receive - just wondered :)

This is fun!!!!

it would be nice if you and Carole did something different, but you both mentioned hearts so I listed them - It's up to you, I'm just the swapper not the boss :D

Any color, paper or cardstock - I don't think it matters - I would avoid patterned paper I think, because plain colours are easier to use.

Bev

LOL :D - I didnt mean to imply that I thought you were the Boss! LOL :D But you just seem so knowledgeable on this whole Scrapbooking thing - I thought you had done them before and had been scrapbooking for years so knew all the ropes :D :D

I'll go ahead and get the Hearts done - any perhaps Carole wouldnt mind doing one of your other ones :D

But --------- I am easy, I am just looking forward to receiving all the varieties :D :D

Like Heinz really - 57 Varieties!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Lol Janice - some of the swaps I've seen advertised, the person running it seems much like the BOSS - lots of rules and big threats for people who don't live up to their promises - to be honest some of them scare me! So I've just stuck to small swaps up to now, and they've been pretty safe!;)

I've done one big swap with a disney scrappers group I'm in and I'm just waiting to get the parcel back - that should be a good one! it was an ABC swap, so I should be getting back 26 things - 1 for each letter.

bev

Ooooo what a great idea - now there's a thought for later once we have both moved into our new homes and set up our scrapbooking areas proper!!!!!! :D :D :D

This is just so much fun - I cant remember ever, ever getting so engrossed in a hobby before!

How long have you been scrapping - how many..... no, I'll leave that for a new post I think ;)

Sorry to come to this so late, but I'd be interested in joining in - only thing is, I don't know whether our punches are too small. We have:

palm tree
dolphin
whale
howling wolf
moon
snowflake
winnie the pooh

they are all about 2cms square. Is that too small?

Also - I haven't got any acid-free paper at the moment! :rolleyes: Where can I get some in various colours quite quickly?

Hilary
Canford card and paper , available at most art shops, is acid free.
Wouldn't mind some snowflakes if everyone else is agreeable.

Please join in Hilary - my punches are all tiny about 1 cm, so they all sound fine. As Christine said, Canford or Canson card/paper is available in artshops and that's fine.

Bev

I've had a couple of questions:

firstly - please send me all 8 bags (except Natalie who's already posted hers), and I will post your stuff back to you - this makes it easier for me to keep organised.

secondly - if you want to include extra things in your bags then that's fine -but the minimum is 10 of one punch anything over that is just because you are a really nice person :-) , and you might not get anything more than that back from other people.

Bev

Don't shout at me as I haven't even done mine yet, let alone posted them! I'm still waiting to get the acid-free paper (hope to get it on Saturday) :rolleyes:

If I'm going to be holding up everyone else getting theirs, then please feel free to carry on without me this time - I'm sure there'll be other opportunities. I'll give you a shout as soon as I get the paper so that you can tell me whether to carry on or not.

Hope it isn't too late yet as DW (Sleepy Dragon) is planning in going to Artbase tomorrow to get the acid free paper. You can guess what I'm going to be doing this weekend:rolleyes:

Des

I have a very sore thumb now, but all done and I'll post them tomorrow.

My very first punch, isn't it fun :D

don't panic - I haven't done mine yet either and I am away all weekend - so I will just wait until I get everyone's then I will do the swap - I just put a date on it to try and stop it from dragging on for ages.

I think I might take some punches and paper away this weekend and get the kids punching away!

Bev

the first few envelopes have arrived which was really exciting - like christmas time :-)

I was very confused as Janice had a bag labeled for Julie and I couldn't work out who that was, but I'm guessing it's Sleepy Dragon! looking at the list.

Bev

LOL Sorry Bev - yes Julie is aka Sleepy Dragon! LOL

Glad they arrived safely.

:bounce:

Posted mine on Saturday. Had lots of help from all the family - especially Benjie (5 yrs) who thought it was all great fun!!

Hope you all like the punches.

Looking forward to getting my goodie bag!!

Julie

Ps whent to Artbase on Friday - spend 2 1/2 hrs in there and spend a fortune!! Aren't Caroline's layouts beautiful, made mine look rubbish!! It's the first time I've really stood and chatted to them but I found everyone really helpful and friendly and I didn't feel a fool asking the most basic of questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter