Scrapbook Convention At Orlando Convention Center

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Feralpeg, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Feralpeg

Feralpeg Living and Loving Windermere!

There will be a scrapbook convention at the Orlando Convention Center on International Drive starting tomorrow at 8:30 am. It will run through Saturday.

I plan on checking it out on Friday.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PigletsPal

PigletsPal <font color=darkgreen>Lives in HURRICANE ALLEY<br>

I'm driving up in the morning. Not taking any classes, just going to look and spend $$$. My friend and I are going to buy the 2 day ticket, but it all depends on how good it is on Thur if we will go back on Fri or not. Thur evening we will be taking a ride over to DTD to check things out over there. I just hope the weather isn't real nasty.

4. reinita1002

reinita1002 Mouseketeer

I hope I can go if my mom is willing to take me. I live in orlando, but I live far from I-drive.

5. holycow

holycow I Am the Rebel Spy

I couldn't decide if I wanted to go or not but I think I may just hop in the car and go...(If DH can take the day off) I really need to just get out and spend some money! LOL

Holycow

6. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

I went last year and spent way too much money.

7. reinita1002

reinita1002 Mouseketeer

Do they have good stuff? Like...whats it like? I'm getting my hands on 100 bucks this weekend. (I've been taking care of my neighbor's dog for a week)

8. Feralpeg

9. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

They had lots and lots of booths to spend your money on. :)

10. crispycritter

crispycritter Earning My Ears

:sad1: I was suppose to go to the Expo this week but my vacation got cancelled!! I only live about 2.5 hours away from Orlando but I don't drive so my mom decided she take me spend 2 days there and then go home. I was going to catch the Greyhound bus home this weekend. Well then that tropical storm came along and she freaked out :earseek: She argued with me almost all day until I finally agreed to come with her instead of staying for the Expo. I regretted saying I would leave right after I said it but just to keep the peace and save my money, I came home with her. So now I'm at home wishing I was there. I was hoping someone here could fill me in on what I'm missing, was there anything new and exciting or was it the same as last year?

Thanks for listening I just needed to vent :banana:
    Christine

11. reinita1002

reinita1002 Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info and link! ;)

12. Feralpeg

I didn't go last year, so I don't know how different it was. I managed to spend plenty of money.

13. pfishgirl

pfishgirl In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/

Oh sure..... you couldn't wait just a few more days for me to get there could ya?? You HAD to to this on this weekend... :guilty:

I'm coming on Wednesday !!!! wait for me... :rotfl:

14. PigletsPal

PigletsPal <font color=darkgreen>Lives in HURRICANE ALLEY<br>

My friend and I only went on Thur. spent over 5 hours looking and spending. Had alot of fun with some of the make and takes. I told my friend that I would like to take some classes next year.

15. holycow

holycow I Am the Rebel Spy

I hopped in the car and drove down for Friday....had a great day shopping and really could have spent a ton more. I didn't take any classes and really wanted to but since it was spur of the moment there really wasn't anything I wanted to take at the time I was there.

I did win a door prize though! It was cool to hear my name called...

I didn't go last year so I couldn't compare it to it.

Holycow