Scooter Rental

roberthodgson

Earning My Ears
we are heading down in september and we need to rent a scooter that is portable so that we can put it in the trunk to take to the mall or to explore the other disney hotels.

we will be renting the disney ecv while in the parks but a scooter for the hotel (all star sports ) will be a help

is there a good rental place that is recommended for good scooters and service if somthing goes wrong

thanks in advance

rob

If you are considering renting a scooter that is portable, why are you renting a different one just for the parks? My understanding is that you can rent a portable scooter from many of the companies (if not all) You just need to point out that you need to rent one you can transport in the car. I hope someone will tell me if this is correct-I haven't actually done it.

we are heading down in september and we need to rent a scooter that is portable so that we can put it in the trunk to take to the mall or to explore the other disney hotels.

we will be renting the disney ecv while in the parks but a scooter for the hotel (all star sports ) will be a help

is there a good rental place that is recommended for good scooters and service if somthing goes wrong

thanks in advance

rob

Gosh, Rob - just use that rental at the Parks; it will most likely be as comfortable as the Disney rentals, certainly more nimble, and there is no need to pay Disney an additional $50/day.

Make sure that you plug it in every night to charge the battery completely, and you should be fine!

I always rent the portable model at Buena Vista Scooters - which breaks down to fit in the car easily - but I use it all day at the hotel and the parks. I even rent the portable one when I have no plans to actually break it down to take anywhere. I much prefer it over the bulky looking park ECV's (never rented one of those). The portable one handles nicely and keeps a charge all day for me - although I do carry the cord.

When you call a scooter company (call a few if you want to price them out) - ask them what they recommend.

I always rent the portable model at Buena Vista Scooters - which breaks down to fit in the car easily - but I use it all day at the hotel and the parks. I even rent the portable one when I have no plans to actually break it down to take anywhere. I much prefer it over the bulky looking park ECV's (never rented one of those). The portable one handles nicely and keeps a charge all day for me - although I do carry the cord.

When you call a scooter company (call a few if you want to price them out) - ask them what they recommend.

I'm so glad to see this. Besides Buena Vista Scooters, who else might have such a scooter, the one that easily breaks down?

I'm so glad to see this. Besides Buena Vista Scooters, who else might have such a scooter, the one that easily breaks down?

Many of the Orlando rental vendors have models that can break down for easier transport in a personal vehicle. If I were you, I would select a few vendors, then call them, see they what they offer, costs, delivery options, etc. and then decide from there.

Couple of things to know:

Typically you (or someone with you) needs to be able to lift 50 pounds. That's often about the weight of the average largest "chunk" of the ECV when it's broken down. Not all are that heavy, but some are, so you want to be prepared. (By contrast, my entire personal ECV - without me on it - weighs only 35 pounds, and can fit folded in the back of my daughter's Chevy Spark... but no one rents that model in Orlando!)

Remember that you will have to assemble/disassemble that ECV every time you take it in or out of the car; depending on the time of year, it may be very hot in the parking lot. Make sure that you, or your helper will have the stamina to deal with that every time.

Last, but not least is once you have settled on a rental unit, do a Google search for more information about it. See if you can find the owner's manual - often there is good information in there that could be useful. Someone may have posted a YouTube of how the scooter assembles and disassembles; that would be great to see before getting to Orlando, so you are prepared!

Have a super trip!

edited to add this link (from Walker mobility) that shows a typical rental disassembly process, hope it is helpful!

Last edited:

Question: when arriving at the parks, if we have an EVC in the car, can a cast member help get it out of the trunk and put it together? Thinking of two grandparents who might have a hard time with lifting and assembly.

Question: when arriving at the parks, if we have an EVC in the car, can a cast member help get it out of the trunk and put it together? Thinking of two grandparents who might have a hard time with lifting and assembly.
No
It is up to you or members of your group to manage it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter