Scooter Question

Mish

DIS Veteran
I ususally rent a wheel chair for my son when we are in Disney and push him around, he has a hip problem and all that walking is tourture on him by the end of the day. This year I am thinking about renting him a scooter. He is 14 and I really dont feel like pushing him in the hot sun in August. Is this possible. Michelle

It wouldn't hurt to ask the company. Your son might be mature enough to handle it. Companies don't usually rent scooters to people under 16, but again, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Teenagers can be very responsible.

I ususally rent a wheel chair for my son when we are in Disney and push him around, he has a hip problem and all that walking is tourture on him by the end of the day. This year I am thinking about renting him a scooter. He is 14 and I really dont feel like pushing him in the hot sun in August. Is this possible. Michelle

As stated the best thing is to call the rental places and ask......if your signing the actual contract.....it should be able to be worked out. This can't be the first time this type of situation has come up. ::yes::

I would suggest that your rent one for a day before the trip so your son can practice. They are not as easy to handle as they look.

AKK

Randy's will [/i]sometimes[/i] rent for use by older teens under the age of 18. The Disney park rental ones and most of the other companies will not rent for use by someone under 18 yrs old.
The difference with Randy's is that they deliver the ECV to your resort, will instruct and assess the teen's ability and maturity. I have heard of Randy's renting to 16 yr olds- not sure about 14, but would not hurt to ask them if he is a mature 14 yr old.

As the adult, you will need to sign the contract and will be responsible for any damages or injuries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter