Scooter Mom Rides Again !!! A Thanksgiving TR-Nov.21-25(Updated12/26-closingthoughts)

Is that one hippo dead? :confused3 It's on its side and looks pretty comatose. :rotfl:

Yeah for two lions on the rock. I wish. I wish. I wish. I never get anything that remotely resembles a lion. oh well.

I love all the Christmas trees in Camp Mini Mickey. they are so fun and festive.

Is that one hippo dead? :confused3 It's on its side and looks pretty comatose. :rotfl:

Yeah for two lions on the rock. I wish. I wish. I wish. I never get anything that remotely resembles a lion. oh well.

I love all the Christmas trees in Camp Mini Mickey. they are so fun and festive.

The fact that the hippos were out of the pool and laying around outside was cool to me. I always see jus the tops of their noses.

I know, right ??? I never get lion photos either. Just an ear or something.

Yes, all of the trees were very cute. We really loved them and all of the cute decorations.

Day 3 – Part 3

After our lunch, it was time for our Dinosaur FP’s

DSC05585.jpg

DH, BFF and all of the kids rode. It is too bumpy for my super sore ankle, so I opted to browse the gift shops and take photos.

DSC05587.jpg

DSC05588.jpg

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05594.jpg

I saw this shirt and I had to have it. It is long sleeved and those can be hard to find at Disney.

DSC05590.jpg

After they got off the ride, DD wanted to get Pluto to sign her hat. Once my BFF saw that Pluto and Goofy were in their Christmas outfits she had to get in line with us. It was a fairly long line, but we were all willing to wait. DH and DS went to go ride Expedition Everest while we were waiting.

DSC05591.jpg

DSC05592.jpg

DSC05596.jpg

DD liked the dog bone ornaments in the tree

DSC05597.jpg

DSC05598.jpg

DSC05599.jpg

Then it was our turn to meet them.

Pluto signing DD’s hat.

DSC05600.jpg

Santa Goofy

DSC05601.jpg

DSC05602.jpg

DSC05603.jpg

DSC05604.jpg

DSC05606.jpg

Just as we were getting done, DH and DS met back up with us and we decided to head back to SSR to get some rest.

The Christmas tree on the way out

DSC05607.jpg

DSC05608.jpg

DSC05609.jpg

This day we waited in line for a lot of characters. But looking back on it, the waiting wasn't bad at all since my BFF was with us. It really helps to have a friend along to talk to and distract you from being impatient.

Meeting characters is honestly one of my favorite things to do at Disney, so I'm glad yall met so many that day! It's especially awesome when they're in special outfits, like Santa Goofy!

I love the shirt you bought! They have such cute Christmas merchandise. :goodvibes

Meeting characters is honestly one of my favorite things to do at Disney, so I'm glad yall met so many that day! It's especially awesome when they're in special outfits, like Santa Goofy!

I love the shirt you bought! They have such cute Christmas merchandise. :goodvibes

They do and it is hard not to buy all of it. And then I come home and have what Stringbean calls "souvenir regret".

It's too bad you had to pass on EE and Dino because of your ankle, but there's always next trip - right?

I love the Christmas tree in the front of AK. I think its my favorite! :)

It's too bad you had to pass on EE and Dino because of your ankle, but there's always next trip - right?

I love the Christmas tree in the front of AK. I think its my favorite! :)

Yes, I had to miss a lot of things because the ankle was so tender. I didn't ride the safari either because it was too bumpy or any of the boat rides you have to step up and down into like POTC or Splash. But yes, I just figured that I would do those things on another trip. No biggie. I didn't mind waiting for everyone.

The tree at AK has the coolest ornaments on it.

Day 3 Part 4

After a couple hours rest, we caught the bus to Magic Kingdom.

DD and her autographed Pluto hat

DSC05610.jpg

DH got some décor photos.

DSC05611.jpg

DSC05612.jpg

DSC05613.jpg

The lady in that photo is laughing because I totally busted her photo bombing someones photopass photo. It was really funny !!

DSC05614.jpg

DSC05615.jpg

We found a good spot and didn't go any further than here

DSC05616.jpg

My goal for this moment was to stay for Cinderellas Wish which was the ceremonial lighting of the castle that they do each night during Christmas. We waited for the sun to go down.

DSC05618.jpg

DS was being goofy and dancing.

DSC05620.jpg

The sun continues to set.

DSC05624.jpg

DSC05633.jpg

DSC05635.jpg

DH decorated my scooter with Christmas lights. He took a photo as I got my phone ready to post to Facebook.

DSC05636.jpg

The Fairy Godmother comes out and there's a little ceremony.

DSC05640.jpg

The characters discuss wanting to decorate the castle for Christmas. They all give suggestions and in the end Cinderella makes a wish and

DSC05641.jpg

The castle is lit. And it is stunning to watch it happen.

DSC05642.jpg

Oh my goodness, photo bombing lady is too funny! That's hilarious that you caught her.

That castle lighting ceremony is one of the most beautiful things ever. It's just so special. AHHH love it.

Oh my goodness, photo bombing lady is too funny! That's hilarious that you caught her.

That castle lighting ceremony is one of the most beautiful things ever. It's just so special. AHHH love it.

I so busted her !! I pointed to her and in a stage whisper I said, "I saw what you did !!" She was dying laughing and so was her husband. We all got a kick out of it and the people getting their photo taken had no clue.

The photobomb thing is funny! I love that you said something, so funny! Those safari pictures were good. The hippos were so active!

The photobomb thing is funny! I love that you said something, so funny! Those safari pictures were good. The hippos were so active!

She was hilarious trying to photo bomb them. We all shared the joke. I am so happy DH was able to capture the moment.

For realz !! My bestie got some great safari photos !! I am so glad she shared them !!

Too funny about the woman trying to photo bomb! She looks like she's having an awesome time! :laughing:

Someday, I would love to see the Castle Lighting Ceremony! It looks gorgeous in pictures, I imagine it's stunning in person!

Too funny about the woman trying to photo bomb! She looks like she's having an awesome time! :laughing:

Someday, I would love to see the Castle Lighting Ceremony! It looks gorgeous in pictures, I imagine it's stunning in person!

Yes. It was sooo funny !!

I have been wanting to see it for years as well. We didn't get to it last year so this year, I made it a priority. DD was hungry and just ready to go eat, so she was whiny and DH was all spazzing about us being late to our ADR. But I didn't care. I was determined to see it and see it I did !! It turned out on the way over to GF to eat, everyone said how awesome it was and that they were glad we waited for it .

When they actually light it, it sparkles a little at each section and then lights up so that is really cool. They don't just flip a switch. And it just takes about 20 minutes.

Yes. It was sooo funny !!

I have been wanting to see it for years as well. We didn't get to it last year so this year, I made it a priority. DD was hungry and just ready to go eat, so she was whiny and DH was all spazzing about us being late to our ADR. But I didn't care. I was determined to see it and see it I did !! It turned out on the way over to GF to eat, everyone said how awesome it was and that they were glad we waited for it .

When they actually light it, it sparkles a little at each section and then lights up so that is really cool. They don't just flip a switch. And it just takes about 20 minutes.

At the risk of being called a troublemaker, good for your for insisting on staying to see the castle lighting! We saw it lit from California Grill this year. Sadly, the track is not piped in for that, but it was beautiful to watch it being lit from there. Somehow I managed to mess us up seeing it lit live our night in MK. I wasn't paying attention to time that night, and we missed it. I think we were eating.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the safari pics. My dear friend here is making look good though. She picked the best ones in the lot to post. She's sweet like that!

I have a great story to share about our ride on Dinosaur when I have more time to post it. Until then.....

I love all of the holiday photos. I missed the castle lighting every time I went down in December so it's a priority next year.

I always decorate my scooter when I go in the fall or in december. Just puts me in a festive mood.

At the risk of being called a troublemaker, good for your for insisting on staying to see the castle lighting! We saw it lit from California Grill this year. Sadly, the track is not piped in for that, but it was beautiful to watch it being lit from there. Somehow I managed to mess us up seeing it lit live our night in MK. I wasn't paying attention to time that night, and we missed it. I think we were eating.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the safari pics. My dear friend here is making look good though. She picked the best ones in the lot to post. She's sweet like that!

I have a great story to share about our ride on Dinosaur when I have more time to post it. Until then.....

They all ended up being glad we stayed because it was so beautiful to watch. Bummer you didn't get to see it. It is one of those truly magical moments.

The safari pics are awesome, girl. Thanks for sharing !!!

Can't wait to hear it !!!

I love all of the holiday photos. I missed the castle lighting every time I went down in December so it's a priority next year.

I always decorate my scooter when I go in the fall or in december. Just puts me in a festive mood.

We really love Disney during the holidays. They really do it up right. I highly recommend taking the time to see the castle lighting.

It was actually seeing your scooter in your TR that gave me the idea.

Day 3  Part 5

We had a dinner ressie at the Grand Floridian Café on this night and it was for 6:30 PM. We still had to catch the monorail and get over there. So, yeah, we were gonna be late. DH was kinda freaking about it, but I wasnt really worried.

So we got there finally  it took 30 minutes, by the way  and DH checked us in while I got a bio-break.

DSC05646.jpg

DS hopped on my scooter the minute I got off of it.

DSC05645.jpg

We waited a few minutes and got some photos.

DSC05647.jpg

DSC05648.jpg

DSC05649.jpg

Minnie in the beautiful marble floor.

DSC05650.jpg

Then we were seated.

We had a waitress who was very curt and brusque in that kind of a New Yorker kind of way. And there isnt anything wrong with that, but she wasnt really warm and fuzzy. She was nice enough, I guess. We discussed that we were on the dining plan and ordered some drinks. Our waitress brusquely reminded us those werent on the dining plan. Um, yeah &.. we know.

Anyway, I ordered a Magical Star cocktail.

DSC05652.jpg

This was yummy and glow-y.

DH ordered a nice red wine

DSC05657.jpg

We were brought rolls.

DSC05653.jpg

I just love the ones they have with the currants in them. Last time we ate here, they were served warm and they were delicious. This time, they were cold and kinda hard and that took away from their deliciousness.

So for dinner DH, DS and I ordered the

Bone-in New York Strip Steak - house-mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and bordelaise $29.99

DSC05654.jpg

This was just not good. It wasnt inedible, but for $30 ??? It should be amazing and it wasnt. There were potatoes underneath there and they were served as if they had been scooped out of a pan with an ice cream scoop. And they werent that great either. Some of them werent even cooked all of the way through. And the greens ?? Just some salad greens. Served under a warm steak and next to warm potatoes. I mean, who wants to eat that ?? I assumed they were a garnish and I pushed them aside. The steak itself was cooked OK, but the actual steak was a very poor quality for a New York Strip. It was thin and sorta fatty and I get that some marbling is good for a steak, but this just wasnt a good New York Strip.

Here is a photo of the one we had in September of 2011

100_3378.jpg

Looks amazing, right ?? And it was. This one we had THIS time  not so much.

DD ordered

Shrimp and Orecchiette Pasta - Prosciutto, Peas, and Asiago Cream Sauce $18.99

DSC05655.jpg

I asked for it to be just sauce and pasta. It came out with everything in it. And since DD is the pickiest person on the planet, I sent it back. And we eventually got the right thing. This was just OK as will. DD ate some, but wasnt wowed by it.

For dessert, DS got just some vanilla ice cream

DSC05662.jpg

DD got worms and dirt

DSC05661.jpg

And DH and I got the

Dessert Sampler for Two - Fresh Berry Tart, Boston Creme Pie, Key Lime Tart, and Lemon Cheesecake $9.99

DSC05660.jpg

This was good and DD stole our solid chocolate Mickey for herself.

So when we were done it took forever to get our bill. I went to use the restroom and DH stayed behind to settle. He tried to use our Tales in Wonderland card for the drinks, but the waitress told him that he couldnt use it because we were on the dining plan.

So I wish I had stayed so I could have set that straight. So she KNEW we were on the dining plan, but managed to charge our credit card $187 for the meal IN ADDITION to charging us 4 meal credits.

Thankfully DH noticed the screw up and got it all straightened out. He was in there for a while and we were wondering what was going on. He was pretty peeved when he came back to meet us.

I just have to say I dont know what happened to this restaurant in a year, but we wont go back here again. Our meal last year was amazing and we really enjoyed it. This time we didnt. And I was happy we were on the dining plan. I couldnt imagine anyone paying $187 for this meal. It wasnt even worth $50. I mean the quality of this steak was bad and not even anywhere near worth $30.

It could have been worse. I guess.

So DH and the kids wanted to head up to Basin to get some candles for Christmas gifts and DD wanted some more bath bombs. So we took a couple of photos

DSC05663.jpg

DSC05664.jpg

DSC05665.jpg

I was getting tired and it was showing in my photos, I think. My ankle was hurting and I was just wanting to get back to the resort. So we got what we wanted at Basin.

Some candles

DSC05752.jpg

DSC05751.jpg

DSC05750.jpg

These candles are soy based chips, I think and each color has a different scent. The kids really enjoyed scooping up the little chips and putting them in the empty jars. One was for us.

And we got DD some bath bombs. You get this canister for $19.99 and you get as many bath bombs as you can fit in there. We can usually squeeze in seven of them.

DSC05749.jpg

After that, we hopped the monorail back to MK and caught the bus back to Saratoga Springs and went to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter