Scooter Mom Rides Again !!! A Thanksgiving TR-Nov.21-25(Updated12/26-closingthoughts)

Garden Grill looks like it was a great choice for your Thanksgiving dinner!! I haven't been there in years, but I remember loving the spinning restaurant!

Garden Grill looks like it was a great choice for your Thanksgiving dinner!! I haven't been there in years, but I remember loving the spinning restaurant!

It really was !! It had all of the components of a great Thanksgiving meal - without the unpleasant family members, cooking or cleaning. AND in a rotating restaurant - what's not to love ???

Day 2 – Part 5

After dinner, we got back in the car and headed over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Family Lights. When we got there, DD wanted to ride Star Tours and DS wanted to ride Aerosmith. So DH took DD to ride Start Tours and I took DS over to ride RnR. He rode the single rider line which took forever. Usually, single ride is the way to go, but this took a long time. I had wanted to get back over to the Streets of America to see the lights actually come on, but we didn’t make it.

DD and DH rode Star Torus twice during this time and then we met them over at the Christmas display. For those of you that don’t know the

Osborne Lights are:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights on the Streets of America at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park is a breathtaking seasonal display featuring millions of glittering lights perfectly synchronized to holiday music.

The lights are so extensive you may find it hard to comprehend their magnitude. Entire buildings are blanketed in sheets of multi-colored lights, and thousands more lights form twirling carousels, heavenly angels, and even Santa and his reindeer. Approximately every 10 minutes, the lights dim and then dramatically spring to life — dynamically choreographed to traditional holiday music. You have to see the effect to believe it!
Some nights, if you truly believe in holiday magic, the show is capped off with an enchanted flurry of snow.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights started modestly in Arkansas as a single home's annual display. Every year, Jennings Osborne and his family set up an elaborate collection of holiday lights and over the years, the collection of lights grew, and grew... and grew! In 1995, the Osborne family decided to share their magic with the world, and Walt Disney World Resort happily offered to become the new permanent home for this exceptional exhibition of holiday cheer.

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is included with standard admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park.

And if you ask me ….. they are nothing short of amazing.

DSC05557.jpg

DSC05537.jpg

DSC05539.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

DSC05541.jpg

DSC05542.jpg

DSC05543.jpg

DSC05544.jpg

DSC05545.jpg

DSC05546.jpg

DSC05548.jpg

DSC05550.jpg

DSC05551.jpg

DSC05552.jpg

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05558.jpg

We really loved them and if you ever get the chance to go during the Christmas season, I highly recommend that you take the time to see them.

YOU WERE AT THE OSBORNE LIGHTS THAT NIGHT?!?!? So were we...after all of the drama that is! We probably missed each other by two seconds.

I mean, they were AMAZING! I just loved them.

YOU WERE AT THE OSBORNE LIGHTS THAT NIGHT?!?!? So were we...after all of the drama that is! We probably missed each other by two seconds.

I mean, they were AMAZING! I just loved them.

We were so CLOSE !! I mean I could have run over your foot with my scooter or something ......

that is just crazy

I love those lights !!

So much fun.

The Garden Grill is one of my favorites now! SO good and perfect for Thanksgiving! I believe your dessert was the same as ours, which would make sense because it was Triple Berry Cake! Yummy!

The Osborne Lights are just perfect. I will miss seeing them so much this year! :sad1:

After dinner, we got back in the car and headed over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Family Lights. ....

And if you ask me ….. they are nothing short of amazing.

I completely agree! Pictures and video simply don't do the display justice. Katie really wanted to meet up with y'all that night, and I hate that my phone had died! If we hadn't been in such a rush to get from MK over there, I probably would have presence of mind to text your from our hotel room where I could plug in the phone. I was sure you probably had left so quite looking for you shortly after 7:00, but in truth you had probably just gotten back there then. We had such a good time both nights we went.

The Garden Grill is one of my favorites now! SO good and perfect for Thanksgiving! I believe your dessert was the same as ours, which would make sense because it was Triple Berry Cake! Yummy!

The Osborne Lights are just perfect. I will miss seeing them so much this year! :sad1:

That is it !!! Triple Berry Cake !! I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks Marissa !!

I know .... those lights are amazing. Puts you right into the Christmas spirit !!

I completely agree! Pictures and video simply don't do the display justice. Katie really wanted to meet up with y'all that night, and I hate that my phone had died! If we hadn't been in such a rush to get from MK over there, I probably would have presence of mind to text your from our hotel room where I could plug in the phone. I was sure you probably had left so quite looking for you shortly after 7:00, but in truth you had probably just gotten back there then. We had such a good time both nights we went.

I am seriously bummed we missed each other that night. We didn't get to spend enough time together in my opinion. MK would have been so much more fun with you that last day. Next time, I hope we can plan some more time together.

We apparently have a knack for scheduling our trips so that they JUST miss the Osborne Lights by a few days. :headache: SO beautiful!!!!!

Behind again after a couple of days off from the DIS.

Yeah for meeting Danielle - and you are right - she looks so fantastic. Such a different look from when she had dark hair. I love the blond hair.

I love GG - the food there is fabulous. I think the tables are a little small, but hey - what are you going to do? The character interaction is great, too. What a fun meal.

And the Osbourne lights - they are so awesome. What a great day!

We apparently have a knack for scheduling our trips so that they JUST miss the Osborne Lights by a few days. :headache: SO beautiful!!!!!

I just love them !! Maybe one day you can schedule a trip to see the Christmas decorations. Absolutely amazing !!!

Behind again after a couple of days off from the DIS.

Yay !! Welcome back !!

Yeah for meeting Danielle - and you are right - she looks so fantastic. Such a different look from when she had dark hair. I love the blond hair.

She really does look amazing and it was tough to have to stand next to her and look like a giant pink marshmallow. She says her computer is sick, so she hasn't been able to DIS properly.

I love GG - the food there is fabulous. I think the tables are a little small, but hey - what are you going to do? The character interaction is great, too. What a fun meal.

Yes, our table got small very fast with all of that food they bring. But our server was great and kept everything moving. We love the characters there. DS has decided he is too cool for the characters, but DD is still really into them.

And the Osbourne lights - they are so awesome. What a great day!

So, so amazing !! It was great day !!

Day 2  Part 6

So, if you remember, we checked out of our studio that morning, but didnt get the chance to check back into our 1BR before we left for the parks. So when we got back to the resort, we moved all of our stuff into the 1BR villa. They had texted me our room number earlier in the day. So I knew it was 4303.

And of course I got some photos.

Master Bedroom

DSC05561.jpg

DSC05562.jpg

DSC05563.jpg

Bathroom

DSC05564.jpg

DSC05565.jpg

DSC05566.jpg

DSC05567.jpg

Dining and living area

DSC05568.jpg

Kitchen

DSC05569.jpg

Foyer

DSC05570.jpg

More horsey pillows.

DSC05571.jpg

There has been a little debate as to who these horses are. And I looked all over and this is an article that I found. When I review the photos in this article:

http://www.makinmemoriesphotoblog.c...ted-horse-history-at-saratoga-springs-resort/

I find that I think the pillows in our unit were Khan from Mulan and Buck from Home on the Range. I think they might have had different pillows in other rooms though.

Curtains

DSC05572.jpg

Chair

DSC05573.jpg

Lamp

DSC05574.jpg

After that, DH and the kids arrived with all of our crap and it never looked this way again. But we settled in for the night and got some rest after we unpacked. An exciting day was ahead for DH !!

Garden Grill looks like a great place to have dinner on Thanksgiving! I think I'm going to make an ADR there for my DH and I the next time we are in Disney, I keep seeing reviews of it and it looks really good!

I love that Pluto was doing dog commands! :rotfl:

I love the Osborne Lights so much, they are amazing! I'm so sad that I'm not in Disney right now to enjoy them, I think I took my Christmas trip a little too early this year! :confused3

Your room is beautiful, I'd love to stay in a one bedroom villa someday, just for the jacuzzi tub, but that seems really pointless, considering it's just my DH and I! :rotfl2:

Garden Grill looks like a great place to have dinner on Thanksgiving! I think I'm going to make an ADR there for my DH and I the next time we are in Disney, I keep seeing reviews of it and it looks really good!

It really is a good place to eat and we left completely stuffed, just like a real Thanksgiving should be.

I love that Pluto was doing dog commands! :rotfl:

DD really enjoyed that interaction !! It was really funny.

I love the Osborne Lights so much, they are amazing! I'm so sad that I'm not in Disney right now to enjoy them, I think I took my Christmas trip a little too early this year! :confused3

Well it is just a good reason to schedule a Christmastime trip then, right ??

Your room is beautiful, I'd love to stay in a one bedroom villa someday, just for the jacuzzi tub, but that seems really pointless, considering it's just my DH and I! :rotfl2:

We really like the space a 1BR provides and DH really likes it, too. The kids really like the jacuzzi tub. I have used it a couple of times. We have one at home, but the ones at Disney have a little more space. And I don't have to clean them. DD loves getting bath bombs from Basin to use while we are there. And at home of course.

Yay, I got my computer back! So I'm here to finally comment.

You are so right, it was a busy busy day on Thanksgiving.

I think we probably just missed each other in the area around Soarin' getting FP's. That was our first destination too, but we came from the back of the park. Hahaha.

We haven't eaten at Akershus in years! I actually haven't been there since it became a princess meal. I think it was a protest over the fact that they took the original buffet away and we loved that. Haha. But it looks really good.

I wish our meet could have been longer, but I'm very glad we were able to meet each other, even if it was for a few minutes.

You're so funny! Thank you for saying that I looked fantastic. You look fabulous too. I'm going to say that the shadows in the photo worked to my advantage. Hahaha. I don't look that good in person. :lmao: I have to steal your pics for my TR, because mine are from the side. :rotfl2:

I do always make stupid faces, don't I? I was probably making ridiculous faces even when we were talking. I like to call it "animated".

That's hilarious, the guys getting sick after Mission: Space. It's so common. "Wait, I have to take a minute...." :rotfl:

Mmmm, your pictures make me want to eat at the Garden Grill again sometime soon.

I am a little sad, we did not get to make it to the Osborne Lights. I was trying not to overwhelm Jeni with so much that was going on.

Girl you did not look like a giant pink marshmallow! ;)

Okay so backing up to the start of your Turkey Day at Epcot..World Showcase looks quite empty in your pics, but I guess being earlyish in the day, people were still hanging out in Future World.

I love your DS wheeling about in the scooter. You’re probably right; it probably was his favorite ride. LOL!

So, I think back in July, DD finally decided she was going on the Orange side of M:S. She doesn’t like riding alone, but her curiosity finally got the better of her. She loved it! And since she keeps saying she can’t wait until we meet up with y’all again so your DS can ride it with her. I then have to remind her of a little thing called motion sickness. She says you can’t tell the ride is spinning, but I tell her people that are sensitive to motion can. (And I think you spotted some people that were probably more sensitive to motion than they thought.) I wish I could ride it, and RnRC for that matter, with her. I love a good thrill ride, but I’m old and they don’t love me back now. 

Duffy is so stinkin’ cute. I know people don’t like him and don’t understand him, but how can you not like something that cute??!! We saw him, but the line was pretty long the day we were in Epcot. We were on a storytellers mission so we didn’t stop.

Garden Grill looks so yummy. There wasn’t anything open there when I booked our meal. I had Tusker House originally, but then took a look at some of the menus and decided the Trails End menu was probably better for us. Katie doesn’t care for turkey unless it is fried, and Trails End had fried chicken and ham. At the time my mom was supposed to go with us, and she prefers ham herself, so Trails End it was. It was pretty good. I think I’d go back for the regular buffet with the bbq etc. Probably would try somewhere else for Thanksgiving.

I had no idea that the Saratoga Springs villas were so pretty! I thought I remembered them looking a lot more frumpy or something. Were they recently remodeled, do you know?

Those Disney horse pillows are just genius. I'm gonna need one of each. (Maybe two of Maximus.) ;)

Yay, I got my computer back! So I'm here to finally comment.

Glad you got your computer back from the doctor. Hope it is all well now.

You are so right, it was a busy busy day on Thanksgiving.

It was crazy busy in World Showcase later on that day.

I think we probably just missed each other in the area around Soarin' getting FP's. That was our first destination too, but we came from the back of the park. Hahaha.

DH went to get the fast passes for us. Since I was in the scooter, the only way down there is via elevator, so we just figured it would be quicker if he ran ahead while we looked around.

We haven't eaten at Akershus in years! I actually haven't been there since it became a princess meal. I think it was a protest over the fact that they took the original buffet away and we loved that. Haha. But it looks really good.

We really enjoyed the breakfast. I don't know anything about lunch or dinner. We would do the breakfast again for sure.

I wish our meet could have been longer, but I'm very glad we were able to meet each other, even if it was for a few minutes.

I wished that, too. But is was good to meet at least for a few minutes. Maybe another time !! We are bound to be back during the same time again at some point.

You're so funny! Thank you for saying that I looked fantastic. You look fabulous too. I'm going to say that the shadows in the photo worked to my advantage. Hahaha. I don't look that good in person. :lmao: I have to steal your pics for my TR, because mine are from the side. :rotfl2:

Pictures don't lie, girl, you do too look that good. And obviously you need to hire my DS as your personal photographer. I mean he did get a really great shot of you. You can borrow my pics of course, but I want to see yours so please post them here.

I do always make stupid faces, don't I? I was probably making ridiculous faces even when we were talking. I like to call it "animated".

You faces are not stupid, they are very funny and always make me laugh. And yes, you are animated, but I love people like that. I makes you fun and interesting.

That's hilarious, the guys getting sick after Mission: Space. It's so common. "Wait, I have to take a minute...." :rotfl:

Haha - I probably shouldn't have taken that photo, but it was so funny.

Mmmm, your pictures make me want to eat at the Garden Grill again sometime soon.

We had a great meal and the kids ate well for a change

I am a little sad, we did not get to make it to the Osborne Lights. I was trying not to overwhelm Jeni with so much that was going on.

We wanted to see them more, but near the end of the day, my ankle would just be so sore and I would be so tired from it hurting all day it was just hard for me to want to do anything at night. I am still that way now.

Girl you did not look like a giant pink marshmallow! ;)

I said - pictures don't lie ........

Okay so backing up to the start of your Turkey Day at Epcot..World Showcase looks quite empty in your pics, but I guess being earlyish in the day, people were still hanging out in Future World.

Well we had a breakfast ressie at about 9:30 AM and WS doesn't open until 11:00 AM, right ?? At least I think that is right. It was open when we got done with breakfast and it was crazy busy.

I love your DS wheeling about in the scooter. You’re probably right; it probably was his favorite ride. LOL!

Every time I jumped out, he jumped in to ride it around. I had to start taking the key with me so he wouldn't hurt someone.

So, I think back in July, DD finally decided she was going on the Orange side of M:S. She doesn’t like riding alone, but her curiosity finally got the better of her. She loved it! And since she keeps saying she can’t wait until we meet up with y’all again so your DS can ride it with her. I then have to remind her of a little thing called motion sickness. She says you can’t tell the ride is spinning, but I tell her people that are sensitive to motion can. (And I think you spotted some people that were probably more sensitive to motion than they thought.) I wish I could ride it, and RnRC for that matter, with her. I love a good thrill ride, but I’m old and they don’t love me back now. 

He would love to do that with her. He wants to try it, but he gets sick on the tea cups, so I am not sure he will like it. Neither DH nor I will ride the Orange side.

Duffy is so stinkin’ cute. I know people don’t like him and don’t understand him, but how can you not like something that cute??!! We saw him, but the line was pretty long the day we were in Epcot. We were on a storytellers mission so we didn’t stop.

I think Duffy is cute, too and DD wants a bear, but I have holding her off from buying one. Because the the very LAST thing she needs is another stuffed animal.

Garden Grill looks so yummy. There wasn’t anything open there when I booked our meal. I had Tusker House originally, but then took a look at some of the menus and decided the Trails End menu was probably better for us. Katie doesn’t care for turkey unless it is fried, and Trails End had fried chicken and ham. At the time my mom was supposed to go with us, and she prefers ham herself, so Trails End it was. It was pretty good. I think I’d go back for the regular buffet with the bbq etc. Probably would try somewhere else for Thanksgiving.

Garden Grill was the perfect Thanksgiving meal. We would definitely do Thanksgiving there again. DH really enjoyed it. Another good Thanksgiving meal would be Liberty Tree Tavern. I bet that place is mobbed on Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter