Scooter Mom Rides Again !!! A Thanksgiving TR-Nov.21-25(Updated12/26-closingthoughts)

MMMMM. PRETZEL BREAD. :love:

I totally agree that Le Cellier shouldn't have gone up to 2-credits. I just don't understand why they felt the need to basically double in price, as far as the dining plan goes at least! It's silly.

I know, right ??? That pretzel bread is so good.

I see it as an epic fail. But I guess we will see how it goes. They better step up their game for lunch in my opinion. Sigh. If only they had the F&W kiosk year round and we could get our soup fix anytime we wanted.

I get that they probably want a bit of consistency with the LC lunch/dinner credit amount, but I agree that the lunch menu will definitely need an overhaul to warrant 2 credits. Maybe it'll be like the Brown Derby, with one menu for both lunch and dinner?

Is Brown Derby two credits ?? I have never been there. Is that the only lunch that is tow credits ?? Just curious.

*drools over all of your food pictures*

The chocolate moose is the cutest thing EVER.

Day 4 – Part 5

After our delicious meal at Le Cellier, we caught the boat back to HS, headed out to the car and made our way back to SSR to get some rest. After an hour or two, DH took the kids back over to Disney Quest while got some laundry done, and packed some. They stayed for about 3 hours and got food from the counter service at Disney Quest and brought it back to the room.

DH and I split a hamburger

DSC05756.jpg

The kids each got chicken and french fries.

DSC05755.jpg

For dessert, they got two brownies and a strawberry shortcake.

DSC05754.jpg

DSC05753.jpg

This day was the college football rivalry weekend and our team, the South Carolina Gamecocks were playing our rivals, Clemson. This was a highly anticipated game because we were 9-2 and they were 10-1. They were ranked 11 and we were ranked twelve. So the match up for this year was a very exciting one. Clemson was ahead in the first quarter and we had a back-up quarterback in the game. Our #1 quarterback was hurt and NOT playing this evening. Also, our star running back had gotten hurt a week or two before, so we didn’t have him either.

But we fought back and ended up winning 27-17. It was a very exciting game and the fourth year in a row that we won. Over 100 years, Clemson has the overall win record, but it has felt good to have bragging rights for another year.

We got our things gathered together and went to sleep. The next day was our last day - waaaahhhhhh !!

Oh NO!!!!!! Last Day already? Boo!

Glad the kids enjoyed Disney Quest.

Is Brown Derby two credits ?? I have never been there. Is that the only lunch that is two credits ?? Just curious.

Yes, I know it is 2 credits for lunch and dinner - I believe it is the only one like that! I've never been there either, but DF's family went there and LOVED it.

I hate Clemson...:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Another reason why we will BFF's forever !!!

Oh NO!!!!!! Last Day already? Boo!

Glad the kids enjoyed Disney Quest.

Yes, but I have 200 photos from that day and there's a lot to talk about, so stay with me !!

The kids loved Disney Quest. Since I was in the scooter, it was hard for me to really enjoy it. But DH didn't seem to mind taking them.

Yes, I know it is 2 credits for lunch and dinner - I believe it is the only one like that! I've never been there either, but DF's family went there and LOVED it.

I want to try the Deluxe Plan just once. But I doubt we ever will. DH moans about how much food is on the regular DDP. We might try the HBD some day. I think the Yachtsman is the next signature on our list.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 5 – Part 1

We got up and got the car packed. I checked out and then we caught the bus to Magic Kingdom.

DSC05757.jpg

For once, we made rope drop. I was excited to finally see the opening show.

DSC05758.jpg

DSC05759.jpg

DSC05760.jpg

The kids were whining about all of the singing and when were we gonna go in ?? Until the train came.

DSC05761.jpg

DSC05762.jpg

And the characters came out. Then they had their attention.

DSC05763.jpg

DSC05764.jpg

DSC05765.jpg

DSC05766.jpg

After the show, we headed in with the masses.

DSC05768.jpg

We headed straight to the New Fantasyland.

DSC05769.jpg

DSC05770.jpg

DSC05773.jpg

DSC05774.jpg

DSC05775.jpg

DSC05776.jpg

DSC05777.jpg

Gaston’s Tavern

DSC05778.jpg

Cute bathroom sign

DSC05779.jpg

DSC05780.jpg

Next up Journey of the Little Mermaid

Yummy Le Cellier pics! I had that pecan pie in a glass thing too. It was extremely rich, too rich for me!!

Wow, I saw that it was a Thanksgiving trip and thought maybe I wasn't too far behind... and here you are posting about the last day. :rotfl2::lmao:

Just a few comments, the EPCOT Segway tour looks like it would be an absolute blast. Even if your DH didn't exactly take many pictures. I think I'd be a little preoccupied with keeping from running over somebody with the segway to take pictures too. That and I'm sure there was a wealth of knowlege to be gained just by paying attention and taking in the details.

I'm sorry about your ankle, but I'm sure the scooter was a lifesaver. I went in the summer of 2008 after an injury and it was brutal. I'd had surgery to repair a torn achilles tendon in January of that year. When we went to Disney World, I had just been out of a walking boot for a little over a month and what I wouldn't have given for a scooter a few of those days! :rolleyes: Even now, being on my feet at the parks all day and walking causes a lot of pain and swelling. I went through a whole bottle of Advil during our trip this year. I hope everything heals properly for you!

Yummy Le Cellier pics! I had that pecan pie in a glass thing too. It was extremely rich, too rich for me!!

It was very rich. Very delicious, but very rich. I couldn't finish and neither could DH. I would order it again, though !!

Can't wait to see more pictures of New Fantasyland!!! That bathrooms sign is too cute! :goodvibes

I have lots more photos !! It was all wonderful. Can't wait to see it again !!

Wow, I saw that it was a Thanksgiving trip and thought maybe I wasn't too far behind... and here you are posting about the last day. :rotfl2::lmao:

Yes, I am posting once a day so I can be finished before our next trip in January.

Just a few comments, the EPCOT Segway tour looks like it would be an absolute blast. Even if your DH didn't exactly take many pictures. I think I'd be a little preoccupied with keeping from running over somebody with the segway to take pictures too. That and I'm sure there was a wealth of knowlege to be gained just by paying attention and taking in the details.

I completely understood why he didn't take photos. He absolutely loved the tour and still talks about how much fun it was.

I'm sorry about your ankle, but I'm sure the scooter was a lifesaver. I went in the summer of 2008 after an injury and it was brutal. I'd had surgery to repair a torn achilles tendon in January of that year. When we went to Disney World, I had just been out of a walking boot for a little over a month and what I wouldn't have given for a scooter a few of those days! :rolleyes: Even now, being on my feet at the parks all day and walking causes a lot of pain and swelling. I went through a whole bottle of Advil during our trip this year. I hope everything heals properly for you!

this whole ankle thing has been horrible. And since you had the achilles injury, you kind of know what I am going through. There's no way I could have made it through without the scooter and when we go in January, there will be no way I can do it without the scooter. I am walking much better, but even getting out of the car and walking into a store. Doing my shopping and getting back to the car is trial. So there is no way I can last through even 30 minutes of walking in the parks. Plus, I still have a very pronounced limp.

Day 5 – Part 2

We headed to ride Journey of the Little Mermaid.

DSC05781.jpg

DSC05782.jpg

I asked DH to take a lot of photos. He line was moving pretty fast, so eh didn’t get much of the details. But here is what he got.

DSC05783.jpg

DSC05784.jpg

DSC05785.jpg

DSC05786.jpg

DSC05788.jpg

DSC05789.jpg

DSC05790.jpg

We were worried about taking flash photos on the ride and we usually don’t, but EVERYONE else was doing it. So when in Rome …..

DSC05791.jpg

DSC05793.jpg

DSC05798.jpg

DSC05799.jpg

Those were the best ones he got. Most of them were blurry.

After that, DH and DS went over to get fast passes for BTMRR while DD and I went to see Ariel in her grotto.

DSC05805.jpg

DSC05806.jpg

DSC05808.jpg

DSC05809.jpg

Ariel was really great spent a lot of time talking to her. This was really great character interaction. And she was truly beautiful.

DSC05811.jpg

DSC05812.jpg

DSC05813.jpg

DSC05815.jpg

DSC05816.jpg

DSC05819.jpg

After that, we looked around New Fantasyland some more.

Thank you for the phototour of Fantasyland. I have no idea how my pictures turned out because they are on a disc I didn't upload yet. I guess I bet get cracking.

I love that picture of the castle. Very cool angel.

DD looks like she is enjoying her visit with Ariel. :goodvibes

Glad the kids had a good time at Disney Quest.

Hooray...you made the opening show at the MK. Too funny that the kids had no interest until the characters came out.

I loved the new Fantasyland and really enjoyed the ride.

Great Fantasyland pics! I actually never got to see the stand by queue for Little Mermaid. It looks like it is as beautiful as advertised!

I am jealous of you seeing the rope drop show at MK. I swore that I was going to do that on my last trip but I never got up early enough to see it. I am definitely a late night person and not an early morning person. :)

Thank you for the phototour of Fantasyland. I have no idea how my pictures turned out because they are on a disc I didn't upload yet. I guess I bet get cracking.

I love that picture of the castle. Very cool angel.

DD looks like she is enjoying her visit with Ariel. :goodvibes

I have lots more photos - coming up !!!

Thanks. I am pretty sure DH took it.

Ariel was wonderful. She was so funny and so great at interacting witht he kids and really took her time to ask questions and listen. I really loved her.

Glad the kids had a good time at Disney Quest.

Hooray...you made the opening show at the MK. Too funny that the kids had no interest until the characters came out.

I loved the new Fantasyland and really enjoyed the ride.

Yes, the kids really like Disney Quest. I am happy that DVC had that offer of the Preium Pass

Great Fantasyland pics! I actually never got to see the stand by queue for Little Mermaid. It looks like it is as beautiful as advertised!

There was much more to it, but the line was moving so fast, we didn't feel like we could stop to take photos.

I am jealous of you seeing the rope drop show at MK. I swore that I was going to do that on my last trip but I never got up early enough to see it. I am definitely a late night person and not an early morning person. :)

We always missed it. Could never make it over there. And finally .... we did.

Loving you TR and pics! :)

:welcome: I am so glad you are reading along. Thanks for stopping in to say hello !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter