scifi onion rings 8.00 is this enough for more than one person

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by cottontail, Apr 6, 2012.

1. cottontail

cottontail DIS Veteran

Hi: Checking out the scifi restaurant, the onion rings look expensive is there enough for more than one person and are they good.

Deb.

2. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

I'm interested in this too, my DD10 has started to like onion rings and saw pictures of them from 50's (I am already a lover of them, but have never had them there) therefore wants to try them when we eat there. I am thinking they will be large enough for us to split (she could never eat a whole serving on her own), but wasn't sure.

Oops, I meant to say Sci-Fi, not 50's...however I wouldn't mind knowing about those as well.

3. scottashackleton

scottashackleton Disney Couple for Life!

The onion rings are great. My girlfriend and I usually share them but that's not saying I couldn't easily put them down myself. They are the thicker variety, you won't get a heaping plate of stringy slop, but still very delectable w/ a horseradish sauce.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. kath2me

kath2me Mouseketeer

they are really good, I always tell my dd ( 21 ), i'm ordering Onion rings and Milk shake,, believe me, those 2 things alone can be filling enough for lunch, but I end up getting a burger and we split the OR,, in answer, yes enough to share....and good they are...YUMMY

6. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

The onion rings are delicious but there are only enough for one person. At least it was when I was there in September 2011. I believe I got 6 onion rings and several of them were small.

I remember when they would load the plate up and it would definitely be enough for 2 people but not anymore.

7. gretchenohar@hotmail

gretchenohar@hotmail <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I'm pretty sure Julie mentioned the onion rings at Sci-Fi in this week's Podcast - and if I'm not mistaken, she felt the price was pretty high for the amt of rings she rec'd.
    I hope someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong....

8. P00H1010

P00H1010 DIS Veteran

We had them a couple years ago and they were very tasty :). DH had a burger and I had a chicken sandwich and we got the onion rings to share.

9. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

I thing just about everything at WDW in terms of dining it meant to share! Share a burger and onion ri gs and you are set for the day!:woohoo:

10. DisneyRookie2007

DisneyRookie2007 DIS Veteran

I had them on our last trip. My wife and I split the burger and the onion rings. It was just the right amount of food.

I think you could easily eat the whole serving yourself, but add that to a whole burger and you'd likely be leaving something on your plate.