Sci-Fi seating

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by livsmom04, Feb 4, 2013.

1. livsmom04

livsmom04 DIS Veteran

We are planning a trip to WDW in June and would love to go back to Sci-Fi with our daughter and my mom. We although didn't care for the seating in the cars when we went in August. My mom has had knee surgery in the past 2 years and I have a feeling it will be hard for her to get in and out of the table. Is there any way for us to request a non car table? Thanks!

2. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I believe they have several non-car tables. Just request one when you check in.

3. livsmom04

livsmom04 DIS Veteran

Thank you. I just want us to have a good experience and don't want my mom not being able to get in and out of table to affect our trip.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

They have a few non-booth car tables (the center of the "car" is the table and regular chairs are used). These are primarily for wheelchair/ECV accessible, but you can always ask. If you go to TripAdvisor's page for Sci-Fi there is a photo of one of these tables.

There are also picnic table type seats in the back. These have either a bench or a chair. The Disney Food Blog has a photo towards the middle of their review. You can request one of these when you check-in.
    http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/09/26/review-sci-fi-dine-in-theaters-new-menu/

6. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

duplicate info

7. MyPrinceWillCome

MyPrinceWillCome Mouseketeer

I haven't been to Sci-Fi in awhile, but I've never seen anyone sitting at those picnic tables. Always assumed they were just for show.

8. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

I believe they offer them to walk ups. We had a reservation one night, but stopped by about an hour early to see if we could get in. The hostess said they had a picnic table available, but if we wanted a car we would have to wait until our res time.

9. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

We got the table inside a car with a walk up one day. Could have gotten the picnic table but the other choice worked better with our group of 8.