Sci Fi or Hollywood & Vine

Gonzjj

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide which to do. What are your suggestions. We will have a large party with 4 kids. Most likely for dinner.

Thanks!

Sci-Fi

It's just burgers and stuff but the place is just so cool in there!

You will probably get more votes for 50's, but we prefer Sci-Fi. The food is host okay, but I think that of 50's as well and my boys like the atmosphere at Sci-Fi much better. If its hot outside, it is so nice to escape into the cool darkness if Sci-Fi.

We love Sci-Fi...the burgers and milk shakes are really good, plus the atmosphere is really fun, we actually prefer it over 50's PT (and we like to eat at 50's PT too). As for H&V, we were so disappointed in this restaurant when we first dined here. There were so many dirty tables around us, and the restaurant was not that full....plus the service was not very good. The only good part about the restaurant was that they had a really good corn chowder, everything else on the buffet was blech.

If you are a party of 6 you can all fit in one car at Sci Fi. It is a very unique and fun atmosphere. The food is good, not great, but certainly worth the experience. H&V is just another character meal although not sure how old your kids are, if they like the characters that appear there it could be a better choice.

Feel free to check out my review of Sci Fi, it is a little dated but gives you an idea of the atmosphere, etc.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/studios-scifi-drive-in.htm

I love Sci Fi! It is so cool and unique, evberyone should go at least once. I think the burgers are fantastic too!

We were a party of 8 so we split in two cars with 4 in each. Next to each other. Most cars fit 6. The one thing about the Sci-Fi is that it is quiet in there. No one really talks because you are watching the movies. It is so funny. We loved it.

Not Hollywood and Vine. If your other option is Sci-Fi, then go there by all means. H&V just isn't worth it.

I ate at Sci-Fi in '95 and thought it was cool enough inside to go back 5 years later on my honeymoon... where I got HORRID food poisoning. So...I'd vote for anywhere but there. No amount of atmosphere makes up for getting sick (and I know, that could happen anywhere, but it happened there for me so the thought of their food turns my stomach)

I have never eaten at Hollywood and Vine so I have no opinion there. Sci Fi Dine In has very unique atmosphere; however, we found the food to be just "okay" and the service we had was horrible. Our waitress took our order and we really didn't see her again until she brought our bill. This may have been an off day for them though. It is worth going there once.

If I had to choose between the 2 I would go for Hollywood & Vine.

I am sorry but we have been to Hollywood & Vine three different times and it has never been dirty and we have always had good service. The food is nothing to rave over but it is good and will satisfy.

Sci-Fi - next time someone is there take a picture of the dark booth and see all the food stuck to that booth you can't see in the light. It is gross.
I personally feel the food is just as average as Hollywood & Vine.

Sorry I am a bit of a germaphobe & if I see dirty bathrooms, menu, or seating areas, I will not return to a restaurant in the real world or at Disney.

My vote is for Hollywood & Vine

Sci Fi by a landslide. Good burgers and shakes. :thumbsup2

At Hollywood & Vine, we experienced poor service, dirty buffet area (and bathrooms), and food that was not the appropriate temperatures. :sick:

If you are a party of 6 you can all fit in one car at Sci Fi. It is a very unique and fun atmosphere. The food is good, not great, but certainly worth the experience. H&V is just another character meal although not sure how old your kids are, if they like the characters that appear there it could be a better choice.

Feel free to check out my review of Sci Fi, it is a little dated but gives you an idea of the atmosphere, etc.

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/studios-scifi-drive-in.htm

Thank you for this info. So far it seems like I am sticking with Sci-Fi.

If I had to choose between the 2 I would go for Hollywood & Vine.

I am sorry but we have been to Hollywood & Vine three different times and it has never been dirty and we have always had good service. The food is nothing to rave over but it is good and will satisfy.

Sci-Fi - next time someone is there take a picture of the dark booth and see all the food stuck to that booth you can't see in the light. It is gross.
I personally feel the food is just as average as Hollywood & Vine.

Sorry I am a bit of a germaphobe & if I see dirty bathrooms, menu, or seating areas, I will not return to a restaurant in the real world or at Disney.

My vote is for Hollywood & Vine

Okay that is just gross, anyone else have this issue? Now I am leaning away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter