sci fi or 50's??

kdkbrebel

DIS Veteran
we are planning a trip july 21-29 07 on the DDP and I can't decide wich ADR's to make. We have only been once before in 03, we did eat at sci fi then and from what I can remember it was good. Any advice or input on either 50's or sci fi would be greatly appreciated. It will be me my DH, DS14 and DD9.
thanks.

Try the 50s Prime Time Cafe on this trip. The food is very good, and the atmosphere is great fun.

We have eaten at both places but 50's is now a regular spot for us each trip. The wait staff is so much fun at 50's, you should give it a try.

I like the food at 50's better put you can't beat the atmopshere at Sci - Fi.
We usually do both each trip.
50's can be hit or miss if you don't get a good waiter with personality or if you get a table in a back corner it can ruin the experience. Last time we went we got a table near the bathroom & kitchen and it was awful.
On the other hand there are no bad tables at Sci-Fi but the movie clips are the same every year.

I feel these two restaurants are like night and day, and I don't mean just literally. 50s Prime Time Cafe is perhaps the best value for the money at WDW -- great food, good services, and it is the ultimate Disney dining experience, being in the middle of the "show". Sci-Fi isn't as good on any metric.

We haven't eaten at the Sci Fi, but we had two great experiences at 50's PT in 2005, however this time it was not a good one! We were kept waiting 45 minutes for our reservation and then were rushed through the 3 course meal in about 35 minutes! Service was not the best, and little interaction, though the server was friendly enough. Food was good, but they brought our our entrees about 2 minutes after we got our starters!:confused3

I doubt we will be back which is a shame, but obviously they don't need our business!:)

Have to say everywhere else we ate all the time we were at WDW was brilliant.

We usually have a lot of fun at 50's Prime Time Cafe. Last time we ate their Aunt Claire waited on us & she made the meal delightful!

Hi
we always put 50's Prime Time on our list. The food is good and the atmosphere is alot of fun! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We go to 50's PT for the food, it is basic food like my grandma used to make (pot roast and meatloaf) and the fired chicken - yum yum!

Sometimes we get a great server and sometimes an adequate server, but for us it is a must every trip and all for the food.

(My father has been made to stand in the corner and has worn a bib - and loved every minute of it!)

food at 50's is better and the wait staff is a lot of fun. sci fi food is bad. at least we've never had a good meal there. kids tend to like it and find the cars fun to be in but i'd definitely pick 50's

Thanks everyone for all your input. I love to plan, I guess its a good thing. I found these boards about a week before our trip in 03 and wished it had been much sooner. So I am definately getting a jump start this time.
Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!