Sci Fi or 50's Prime Time?

remfaerie

Disney Dreamer
Which has better food? We've narrowed it down to the 2. I think DH and I would enjoy the atmosphere at both, it pretty much comes down to which places food tastes better. :)

I would give a slight edge to Prime Time as far as the food being a little bit better.

We like to eat at both for later lunches. Very different food with SciFi being more of a sandwich, salad, milk shake kind of place. Dark and fun with more interest on the screen than your lunch partners.

Primetime has more full meals, which we find very satisfying and tasty. Emphasis is more on having fun with the wait staff, surrounding tables and each other.

My grandkids loved having my uncle put in the corner with the whole room saying "shame, shame, shame." He played it up for the kids and they were rolling on their sides.

Food quality and selection - Prime Time
Fun level - Prime Time
Nice cool different experience with decent food - SciFi.

I think you'd enjoy either but some people don't like playing along with the cast members -- the grumpalumps!

I like Sci-Fi a lot, great atmosphere. Never been to 50's, was going to take it over Sci-Fi, but 50's is a little too harshly interactive for my tastes. I'm till going to check 50's out though to see it, I've never gone inside and it looks really neat.

Sci-Fi has good artichoke dip and their ribs sound good.

we ate at 50's in Dec, and Sci-Fi last week - i like Sci-Fi better. but i'm more of a burger and fries person. i also feel that the space in 50's is kind of cramped, where Sci-Fi is more open. The only draw back to Sci-Fi is that it is dark, sometimes you can't see your food.

IMO, the food at 50s is a cut above Sci-Fi. Either way, Have Fun!

I give Prime Time a huge edge in food quality. They're both fun experiences and worth visiting, but as far as food quality, Prime Time wins hands down.

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes I think I'd much rather the food at 50's (Oh how I love comfort food), but we're actually going to go to Sci Fi only b/c DH is so painfully shy, I think he'd might be stressed at 50's. We're on DDP with all our ADR set, or else we'd go to both! Thanks again!!

I wouldn't rule out Prime Time just because of someone being shy. I am painfully shy in most circumstances but I wanted to try Prime Time anyway. Our waiter was very good with us. He joked with us personally without getting anyone else involved, but we also had to tell our "cousin" (the lady behind us) that she had to finish her veggies and we watched a table across the way do the choo choo train. We were able to participate in the antics without all eyes being on us.

At least give it a try. I am still shy (I'm getting better with it) and I would definitely go back.

I've been to both, and 50's Prime Time Cafe definitely has better food.

I liked the atmosphere of the Sci Fi Cafe, but if I remember correctly, I saw the same footage over and over again on the "drive in" screen, and the food was so so (to me comparable to Pinnochio's CS at MK). You'd think they could get at least an hour of footage to loop, rather than around 20 minutes worth, which meant we saw the same footage at least 3 times.

It was kind of a one-time-only place at the Sci Fi Cafe (and I LOVE old sci-fi). I wasn't that impressed by it.

But I went to the 50's Prime Time Cafe twice in the early 1990's and loved it! Yes, it's very crowded, but we had a lot of fun, and the food is better.

If you're going to go to Sci Fi, go for a late afternoon snack (like a milkshake), and you'll stay just long enough to see the "movie" loop only once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter