Sci Fi Fun

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by Cecil, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Cecil

Cecil Earning My Ears

On two seperate trips to disneyworld in the last 4 years one of our favorite dining experiences has been Sci Fi Theatre in MGM Studios. Cool atmosphere and great food....very fun! Sci Fi takes you back to those Saturday afternoon "Creature Features" with great diner food. Sitting in a 50's convertible only adds to the experience. For the younger kids, they get the experience of a "drive in". A don't miss dining experience!:banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessPaczki

PrincessPaczki Mom of 2 Prince's

Hi!:) There has been so much possitive reviews for SF that we have to try it this year. :goodvibes The pictures I have seen of the food and milkshakes look delicious.:thumbsup2

4. briankflanigan

briankflanigan Earning My Ears

I agree that the atmosphere is outstanding but I thought the milkshakes left something to be desired. Everyone in our group Mom, Dad, kids; 6, 9, and 12 loved sitting in the convertible and the food wasn't too bad.

5. JoePa4Ever

JoePa4Ever DIS Veteran

We're so glad we tried Sci Fi for lunch last year - great atmosphere/very fun and we had good sandwiches - we booked lunch there again for this Sept & look forward to going back.

6. 2minny

2minny DIS Veteran

We always love Sci Fi, such a unique experience and we enjoy the burgers. This time I'm trying the Blue salad (can't remember exact name)

7. pauly's girl

pauly's girl Mouseketeer

Love, love, love the Sci~Fi we are going in Sept for our 4th trip and will be doing a lunch at the sci~fi...it's a must do for our family!!

8. tortoni

tortoni DIS Veteran

We love Sci Fi too for atmosphere. I agree with Op that the milkshakes are so so, but some on these boards love them!

9. Disney owl

Disney owl DIS Veteran

glad to see a good review, thanks

10. weswife

weswife DIS Veteran

After reading all of the positive posts, I made a resv. for our trip! We are going in April!!! :thumbsup2

Would anyone know if they have car for someone in a wheelchair?

11. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

They have cars like this:
    [​IMG]

and, if you can transfer, you can move to one of the car seats:
    [​IMG]

12. weswife

weswife DIS Veteran

Thanks again!!!!!! Sue your pics. are a wonderful help!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

13. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I just decided yesterday to add it to my trip this falll. I am really looking foward to having a burger and shake there.

14. mkleinbe

mkleinbe DIS Veteran

We LOVE Sci Fi!!! :banana::thumbsup2:lovestruc

15. Lidian

Lidian DIS Veteran

DH refused to get involved with planning, but did have two dining preferences. One was Sci Fi. So we're booked for dinner there on 4/28.

Question ... Since it appears that a family of four will be seated by 2s, does it make it difficult to have a family meal? Even if so, its just one meal, which isn't a big deal. ^.^

We're excited either way - was mostly just curious. Thanks!

16. Luvmepluto

Luvmepluto "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tr

Their milkshake is suppose to be the RAVE!:woohoo::woohoo:

All the years that I have gone....Sept. 13, 2010 for dinner will be my first Sci-Fi visit. My DD is so excited. She thinks it is the coolest!!! :cool2:

17. KarBear

KarBear DIS Veteran

I have read a lot of complaints about the food here, but we LOVED it!:cool1:

18. evilqueenmindy

evilqueenmindy Mouseketeer

The seating is definitely not conducive to conversation, but you can still interact pretty well, and the screen is the main attraction. We made the mistake of ordering the chips & spinach dip, which was really not easy to share with people in the front seat (But perhaps it served them right for TAKING the front seat.) But it is a blast, the overall experience is really fun.

19. Luvmepluto

Luvmepluto "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tr

We are so excited!

I bet it would be hard to split appetizers. I didn't think about that. :) So, a question? The actually don't show a movie, correct? It's just clips?

20. evilqueenmindy

evilqueenmindy Mouseketeer

No, it's just creature feature clips and such. If you are sharing an appetizer, just stick to onion rings (We were laughing about it for most of the meal,and you can pass the plate forward and back, but this leads to "STOP HOGGING THE DIP" amongst four very mature adults)

21. SlippinFalls

SlippinFalls Mouseketeer

Can't go wrong with the burgers here! I thought the milkshakes were great, but I don't eat them too often so any milkshake is great to me!

It is hard to talk to others in your party when they are in front/behind you, but just relax and enjoy the movie screen!