sci-fi dine in

pggirl

Mouseketeer
has anyone had a good dinner here? despite all the bad food reviews, i think i want to make an adr here. is there a better option at dhs?

DBF and I always have dinner here! He get's the ribs, and i enjoy the steak. For another option in DHS, 50's Prime Time is also very yummy, we usually eat at both!! and 50's has an amazing PB&J shake that is to die for!!! :goodvibes No matter which you choose, im sure you will have a yummy time!

thanks for your quick post! which of the two do you think a 5 year old boy would prefer? the theming at sci-fi looks cool and that is why i am hoping the food there is ok, i am not looking for the best meal of my life!

We go to Sci-Fi every trip and it's another restaurant that I don't expect to get the best meal ever from, but have always had decent food and a great atmosphere. It's quiet, the movies are funny, the food is good and it provides a nice break from the parks.

Typically, we have gone at lunch ant gotten burgers and onion rings, which you can probably also order off of the dinner menu. From what I understand, Sci-Fi also has the best Rueben at Walt Disney World. For us, we stay away anything too fancy and don't get steaks or things with seafood and stick with your standard fare of burgers, shakes, onion rings/fries.

I'd definitely recommend going and hope you have a fantastic time!

DW & I have lunch there and we both like it. And the shorts on the movie screen are super.I get the buger and fries " I`m a plain guy " LOL:lmao: DW get my different items.She has tried most of them.

Sci-Fi is great for the atmosphere. My 4 year old loved sitting in the car to eat. We had dinner there and the food was not so great. The milkshakes was awesome, though! Despite the food, we had such fun at this restaurant. My son still talks about it. I recommend giving it a try.

Found it!

Sci-Fi Diner

This is one of our favorites for lunch! It doesn't work that well for us on the DDP, so we always do it OOP.

Just walking inside here makes me know I'm in Disney! I LOVE going at lunch when it is so bright and sunny outside and a dark, cool night inside. It really feels magical to me. :cloud9:

That's not us out front, just some people who happened to be standing there. The parks were really not crowded at all. We are used to June when you can barely see the entrance for all the people. :goodvibes

IMG_0229-Copy.jpg

Even the check-in area wasn't crowded!

IMG_0230.jpg

There were auditioning people for American Idol right outside the restaurant. They were asking people to cheer as the contestants ran out with their golden tickets. It was fun to watch as we waited for our table.

Here is the view from our car. We had two rows, so the boys sat in the front and DH and I sat in the back seat.

IMG_0236-Copy.jpg

This is a view of the kitchen area. It is set-up to look like a snack bar at a drive-in movie.

IMG_0250.jpg

DH and I both started with my favorite. Vanilla Coke! So sweet and yummy.

IMG_0237.jpg

DH has to have the 7 Bean Beef Chili (that comes with shredded cheddar, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips). It looks and smells wonderful, but he doesn't share. ;) He must really like it, because he orders it every time and cleans his plate.

IMG_0235.jpg

The boys both had the same thing. The menu lists appetizer choices as tomato soup or garden salad, sadly my boys don't eat either. They always let us substitute another side. We chose apple slices (without brown sugar). They both had burgers (with cheese, mustard and ketchup) and fries. And as usual, milk to drink.

While I was taking pictures of our food, the kids attacked theirs. So sorry for this picture, but I wanted to give you an idea of a kids meal here.

IMG_0247.jpg

DH and I were pretty boring this trip. We ordered a lot of the same meals. This time we both had Angus Chuck Burgers (Flame-broiled beef patty topped with cheddar or swiss cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms and crispy bacon. Served with a choice of cucumber-melon salad or french fries.) We even both chose swiss cheese! :confused3 For our sides, DH had fries and I had BOTH! I love the cucumber-melon salad, but I really like having fries with my burger. So I had the salad with my meal and a side of fries. We both ordered our burgers well-done, and they were still very juicy and not over-done. The entire meal was really good.

IMG_0238-Copy.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240-Copy.jpg

Our CM was Tony, and he was great! He had fun with the boys, and took a couple of pictures for us. There are ketchup and mustard bottles on the tables, and Tony brought us all small cups of mayo.

This was our day to celebrate DS7's birthday. (We each picked a day or two to wear a button. Since we can't go on our "real" birthday, we pick a Disney birthday.)

Both boys had ice cream with their meals, but DS7's came with a candle. It looks a little melty, but he finished it off anyway.

IMG_0246.jpg

The total cost for this meal was $59.99 before tip. We love it here and will be back again year after year. The burgers and fries are great, but the atmosphere is the BEST! :thumbsup2

We went here for lunch and LOVED it. DH had the rueben, I had the wedge salad with steak and blue cheese, and both DD had hot dogs. We loved the theming, and thought the food was good. Like pretty much every restaurant in the World, you'll get plenty of people who say they loved it and plenty of people who hated it. We are in the "We loved it camp". :cool1:

We think the food is just OK. We have tried it 3 times, but were never that excited about the food. Great place for kids but much quieter than I had expected!

Great place for kids but much quieter than I had expected!

My 1 yo loved the quiet. She laid her blanket down on the high chair tray and had a sweet little nap. It was so sweet. We enjoyed the quiet, but it was kind of eerily quiet at first.

We eat here for lunch every year. The food is pretty good, but we like it to get out of the heat and my dd always liked to sit in the "cars". She is older now, but still likes to ask for a drink with an ice cube that lights up.

We go every year and always enjoy it there. The food has always been good and such a fun place to visit for the kids.

My kids were 6 and 7 last year and really liked the restaurant. They thought it was great to sit in a car and eat. The restaurant is so different, that the atmosphere makes it cool for them. Food was definitely decent. I've had worse and I've had better, but I remember we left there pleasantly surprised with how much we liked the meal.

thanks everyone for your feedback, especialy trublu for the great pics! i think the restuarant is just what we are looking for, different theming with OK food if we keep it on the simple side.

thanks all! :banana:

We always avoided this place in the past because of the bad food reviews. A couple of weeks ago we were in HS and wanted to try something different, I really don't like most of the CS places there. I am so glad we decided to try it! The food was decent, much better than the crap they serve at our local Applebee's or Chili's. The atmosphere is what makes it worthwhile, we really enjoyed it.

I would suggest going for lunch, there seems to be more of a selection.

thanks everyone for your feedback, especialy trublu for the great pics! i think the restuarant is just what we are looking for, different theming with OK food if we keep it on the simple side.

thanks all! :banana:
Any time! :goodvibes It makes all those dirty looks I got from DH for taking pictures of his food worth it! :rotfl:

Never been there for dinner, but I've had the burger for lunch and it's great. The atmosphere is awesome.

I've been to Mama Melrose three times and I really only enjoyed it the first time.

Never been to 50's Prime Time, and it doesn't interest anyone in my family at all.

We might try the Hollywood Brown Derby, but I don't think it's that kid friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter