Sci Fi Dine In vs 50s Prime Time

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by disneypanda11, Jul 23, 2014.

1. disneypanda11

disneypanda11 Earning My Ears

Which do you prefer based on food quality, service and atmosphere? We've never dined at either but plan to pick one for our 2nd HS day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dislover1991

Dislover1991 DIS Veteran

We like Sci Fi. Never been to 50s Prime Time, but all the food seems a bit like "comfort food" which none of us really care for too much. Plus we LOVE the burgers at Sci Fi!

4. litlemermaid183

litlemermaid183 Earning My Ears

I love Prime Time - it's one of my favorite places to eat at WDW. Sci-Fi I thought it was neat, but the food is nothing spectacular. My recommendation would be eat at prime time and go get dessert at Sci-Fi so you can still enjoy the experience.

5. KateB

KateB Mouseketeer

After our last trip I will never eat at Prime Time again. We had an awful waiter who never came around and was down right rude. I know they are supposed to be like family members but when we asked about where in China he was from he was super defensive & called me ignorant. Never again! I actually complained about him, and I never do that. The table next to us was close enough to hear us, or eat right off our plates and they were shocked. Aside for the terrible waiter, our food was ok but not good. Our meals were cold and pretty bland. All around not a good experience.

That said we eat at Sci-Fi almost ever trip and love it. While it is quite dark we love the food. Not to mention the silly Sci-Fi clips.

6. mom2my3kids

mom2my3kids Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

This should be moved and not under dining reviews..

7. suzimar57

suzimar57 Miss my Happy Place.

we like both for different reasons....

sci-fi is cool, dark, quiet & you get to watch movie trailers

the food is eh - burgers, fries, shakes - can't go wrong with the basics

50s prime time is bright, colorful, noisy & you get to watch those B&W TVs

the food is better - homestyle, "comfort" style - pot roast, fried chicken

we always go to both every trip, on the same day (sci-fi at 1130, 50s at 4)

8. disneypanda11

disneypanda11 Earning My Ears

Sorry- on mobile and clicked over one too many forums!

Thanks all for the advice sounds like some positives and negatives maybe to each.

9. Newsies

Newsies princess in training ♚

50s Prime Time WITHOUT A DOUBT! The food is delicious and the waiters are funny. I've never had a bad experience there. We went on our last trip and our waiter, our "brother" made us set the table before we got our food. I got a PB&J Milkshake to start with and it was delicious. Fried Chicken was fantastic, with a crispy layer and yummy mashed potatoes. For dessert I got dad's brownie sundae and it was possibly the best dessert on the trip- too bad I wasn't able to eat it all! The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the greens that came with my chicken. They should go back to green beans.

When I went to Sci Fi back in 2010 I was disappointed. The theming and everything is great but my food was bleh. I got the mac and cheese and it was just awful. Dessert, apple cobbler, was only decent.

10. starousse

starousse DIS Veteran

Prefer atmosphere of Sci-Fi and the food at Primetime.

11. SGMCO

SGMCO Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

We enjoyed the Food and Atmosphere at Sci Fi better. It's a more relaxed atmosphere, not stressful like PT.

12. roselark

roselark DIS Veteran

Definitely Sci-fi! Love it!

I have been to 50's Prime Time twice and did not like it either time. The atmosphere was fun, but I found the food to be sub-par. Hubby refuses to go back...

13. Deanie1

Deanie1 Mouseketeer

I have only eaten at Sci-Fi and we found the atmosphere good and the food pretty decent. I have no desire to eat at Prime Time. I had enough of people (parents) harassing me over not eating my vegetables and I don't need someone that I don't even know bugging me! :headache: EEspecially on vacation.