school is stressing me OUT! best de-stressor? a trip to Disney of course! pg 25 p 364

Woo-Hoo! :woohoo: An extra day AND you save money! Gotta love it! :thumbsup2

That's what I was thinking! :mickeyjum

I think changing to the Pop is a great idea, saving money and getting an extra day on the dining plan:thumbsup2. I don't think that you would need to stay at RPR for the front of the line passes for the tuesday. The passes don't work for the main Harry Potter ride (Forbidden Journey) anyway, so either way you would have to wait in line for that one.

Ashton will love the Pirate's League. I would try to make an appt. close to party time, Noah smeared his "make-up" within the first hour, it wasn't so cool after that.:laughing:

I'm thinking it is going to be slow that Tuesday, too. If not we can do Harry Potter when we walk in and than move to Seuss Landing, than over to Marvel from there. Danny can go find Jurassic Park on his own if he wants and Ashton and I can go back to Seuss Landing.

I was thinking Ashton would enjoy Pirate's League, I just need to start looking for a pirate costume--not Hook in case it is hot. I was going to do Hook this past year since he was Peter Pan the two years before but that costume looks hot....OH! if Ashton smears his he will have a fit for sure.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for an added day of staying and dining.

I'm happy I decided to do it that way; although, I was looking forward to a new experience...can't have it all on my pocket book :confused3

I still think you should do CP for early entrance to the MK...it is amazing gets those photos. Or what we will do sometimes is go to EMH's at the MK for the morning and then do breakfast at CP around 10 a.m. once the "regular" guests come in who can't take advantage of EMH.

I like both your ideas on this one...

Hi, Dana. We've missed you around here.

Yes, we have!

I think you made the right decision...an extra day plus an extra dining credit sound worth it to me! Plus, I have heard GREAT things about Pop! We were going to stay there this time but its not one of the shuttle resorts to the race. I think you will really enjoy having that extra day! :cool1:

We enjoyed the POP in April; much more than ASSp. ASSp was nice just preferred POP and we rathered the busses here. Although, they could be just as crowded.

I am excited about the extra night! I was already planning on sticking around for the party that night and just moving on to possibly Lake City. But, sounds like it last a while...so, this way we can enjoy the party sleep till about nine the next morning get breakfast and check out. Than, drive straight through to home!

I think I will probably try for Crystal Palace and see if I can get prior to park opening.

I can not stand damp cold and this is what we have right now
(you guys too, I know) the wood rack got wet so no fires hoping the heater does not run the light bill up to high. We made it most of the day with it on low but as the sun is going down I just went crank it up and pulled out the fleece blankets....
can't wait for Sat and Sun with the temps in the 60's again!

We usually get an ADR for about 8am and by the time you are done eating, the park is just opening.

I hate this cold weather. Shannon left to go to work this morning, he must be freezing on the water. I wish we had a fireplace, my light bill will be high because I don't want to freeze tonight. Might have to have a sleepover with my girls in my bedroom tonight and we can keep each other warm.

We usually get an ADR for about 8am and by the time you are done eating, the park is just opening.

I hate this cold weather. Shannon left to go to work this morning, he must be freezing on the water. I wish we had a fireplace, my light bill will be high because I don't want to freeze tonight. Might have to have a sleepover with my girls in my bedroom tonight and we can keep each other warm.

We have a fireplace; but Danny put the wood rack at the end of the patio and covered it with Ashton's plastic pool...needless to say the wind blew the pool way into the back yard (I was not going chase it). Needless to say the wood is now just wet enough to smoke awhile before burning.

Danny worked on the river all day today (Dayne refused to go--must be nice to make your own hours-he works with Danny and one of the owners is his godfather so they don't care; less they have to pay him :rolleyes1 crazy though, none of his other friends are making what he makes for three days a week, he is going to Delgado on Mon & Wed) anyway Danny said his feet will not warm up; I don't get him :confused3 he is the supervisor on the job and yet he will hook instead of operating the crane :confused3 in this weather I know I would be in the dry crane. But, he is sitting in front of the fireplace now trying to get it lit. I am hoping once he gets it lit I can keep it lit until Sat.

When my dad worked nights my mom would let me and my sister sleep with her it was always so great in the winter! :cloud9: good memories!

For those of you that followed my last TR you may remember Danny & I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this June.
We finally decided on a Caribbean cruise out of New Orleans in May (I did not want to chance tropical systems they normally start around June in the Bahama area);
we are sailing to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau on the Carnival Triumph. We are so excited; we are lucky enough to have friends traveling with us, and we will be celebrating his 40th :bday: It is going to be so much fun :yay: it can't get here fast enough.
party: WE ONLY HAVE 98 DAYS TO GO!! party:

today I paid the cruise in FULL!!!! :banana:
I wanted to pay our disney trip in full but Danny said to wait :confused3 so I paid most of it and just leaving a small balance to work on. I also booked Dayne a room only at the POP (he really thinks he wants to join us; but, he wants to bring a friend along and does not want to do the DDP). So, I figured I would book a room and if any good deals come up I'll roll it over for him and if he decides not to come I'll just CX the room at a later date.

Totally jealous here! I haven't cruised since 2003. They are SOOOOO fun though, you are going to have a great time!

Great news on the cruise. We also booked a cruise, a Disney cruise, but not until June 2012. It's a long ways away.

Stay warm. My plans to have my girls sleep with me, they both left me tonight.

I'm finally here Connie!! Great start! I'm really looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone too! I need to start thinking about ADRs too! It's always so hard to choose!;)

Such great news on booking the cruise! I didn't know that you could do a eastern caribbean trip out of New Orleans, last time I checked you couldn't. Is the Truimph a new ship coming in to port? Guess I need to do some checking. So excited for you and Danny- you two will have so much fun!

You are going to have a fabulous cruise! I'm so excited for you!! :banana:

thanks! Missy!!! I can't wait
Totally jealous here! I haven't cruised since 2003. They are SOOOOO fun though, you are going to have a great time!
Kayce, Danny & I have been on one cruise in 2001; we have been wanting to go on another cruise.
Great news on the cruise. We also booked a cruise, a Disney cruise, but not until June 2012. It's a long ways away.
It will be here before you know it! and this way you should not get the disney blues as bad when you return this year since you have the cruise to look forward to!

Stay warm. My plans to have my girls sleep with me, they both left me tonight.

Such great news on booking the cruise! I didn't know that you could do a eastern caribbean trip out of New Orleans, last time I checked you couldn't. Is the Truimph a new ship coming in to port? Guess I need to do some checking. So excited for you and Danny- you two will have so much fun!

Ashley the Triumph has been doing this cruise for at least a year or better but it is a limited itinerary, my parents went last year and we have some friends that went last June I believe. I want to say the Triumph came here in 2009 when the Conquest left (may be wrong)...it is a little more expensive than the Western Caribbean cruise but not much more. Mom and Dad have sailed the Triumph at least four times now and have enjoyed each one of their sailings.

I'm finally here Connie!! Great start! I'm really looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone too! I need to start thinking about ADRs too! It's always so hard to choose!;)

Hello! Wendy
very happy to have you here!! it will be so much fun to see all the kids together...
I still need to sit with Danny with a list of resturants; but, when I am to sit with him lately we have been looking over excursions for the cruise. He keeps telling me Disney is a ways off and we have time ....h e does not understand NO! we have until April 1 to try and get some of the time specific ones I want...men huh! :confused3 just no clue what it takes to plan! :rotfl:

Garden grill?!?
Mary (Lisa has made mention and had great pictures too) has me thinking this one will be the next one on the list...

so, we are at
Donald's Tusker House
Ohana's Friendship Breakfast
Garden Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Crystal Palace (not sure which meal--really thinking breakfast to get into the park before opens)

if I go with this list that would be our five; three breakfast and two dinners...
so, thoughts would be
Donald's Tusker House - AK day
Crystal Palace - MK day
Garden Grill - Epcot day
Ohana's - DHS day wondering if I should re think this one to the Hollywood & Vine breakfast--Ashton would love the characters there too! but thinking the food would be better at Ohana's
WCC- MK day or the day we arrive

Garden grill?!?
Mary (Lisa has made mention and had great pictures too) has me thinking this one will be the next one on the list...

so, we are at
Donald's Tusker House
Garden Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Crystal Palace (not sure which meal--really thinking breakfast to get into the park before opens)

if I go with this list that would be our five; three breakfast and two dinners...
so, thoughts would be
Crystal Palace - MK day
Garden Grill - Epcot day
Ohana's - DHS day wondering if I should re think this one to the Hollywood & Vine breakfast--Ashton would love the characters there too! but thinking the food would be better at Ohana's

We liked garden Grill-the character interaction was really good. And so was the dessert if I remember right. I was not so impressed with Holllywood and Vine food wise. The characters were pretty fun though. Looks like a good list!

Hiya Connie!

Love Crystal Palace for any meal, Ohana was good for dinner so I"m sure breakfast is good too. We weren't that impressed with the food at Garden Grill but we did enjoy the characters. We are big fans of Tusker House for any meal and Whispering Canyon is more about the atmosphere than the food. The food was just okay the first time and pretty good the second time. Ask for the Bandana Bandit when you arrive. She is sooooo fun!!! She and Joe really got into being rude with one another. ;)

You have some great meals planned! I love all of those places- well, I haven't been to WCC yet, but I really want to try it. That is awesome that you paid the cruise in full!

Garden grill?!?

so, we are at
Donald's Tusker House
Garden Grill
Whispering Canyon Cafe

so, thoughts would be
Crystal Palace - MK day
Garden Grill - Epcot day

Your choices sound great. We've tried Garden Grill onour 2009 trip and we really enjoyed this meal. The characters were great and the girls loved that the restaurant slowly spins around and you get to see part of the Land ride. the food was great.

We've done Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was far better than dinner. The characters have changed to add Handy Manny, i beleive. I would definately go back here for breakfast.

Looks great Connie! I'd stick with 'Ohana, but I haven't been to H&V, so I may be a little biased!

Hello! Missy Happy :bday: hope you are having a magical day! pixiedust: I have not heard many good things about H&V food wise; but, I do know Ashton would love the characters there. But, he will love the characters anywhere we go! :thumbsup2

We liked garden Grill-the character interaction was really good. And so was the dessert if I remember right. I was not so impressed with Holllywood and Vine food wise. The characters were pretty fun though. Looks like a good list!

Mary, seems to be the concensus on the food at H&V from different threads I have read. But, now I have even more to look forward to at Garden Grill if we make it a date with you guys...need to see if we can get Leanne & her family to join in with us, make it more fun and see if Kayce wants to join us too (not sure if she is doing the DDP or CS...don't remember at the moment).

Hiya Connie!

Love Crystal Palace for any meal, Ohana was good for dinner so I"m sure breakfast is good too. We weren't that impressed with the food at Garden Grill but we did enjoy the characters. We are big fans of Tusker House for any meal and Whispering Canyon is more about the atmosphere than the food. The food was just okay the first time and pretty good the second time. Ask for the Bandana Bandit when you arrive. She is sooooo fun!!! She and Joe really got into being rude with one another. ;)

Hey Leanne! thanks for the info on WCC I will have to make a note of that, although Danny rarely plays along with anything he normally smiles and nods :rotfl:

Thinking I really want to try CP before park opening, but, their menu sounds like it would be a winner at any of the selections.

I'm also thinking you guys may need to give Garden Grill another chance; like maybe when we give it a try along with Mary and crew.

You have some great meals planned! I love all of those places- well, I haven't been to WCC yet, but I really want to try it. That is awesome that you paid the cruise in full!

Thanks! April, I can't wait to see what we think about all this dining should make for a new experience...and thinking by making it an overload of characters we may be able to skip the character lines in the park. Although, I do want to try and visit Mickey and Minnie at AK this year.

Your choices sound great. We've tried Garden Grill onour 2009 trip and we really enjoyed this meal. The characters were great and the girls loved that the restaurant slowly spins around and you get to see part of the Land ride. the food was great.

We've done Hollywood and Vine for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was far better than dinner. The characters have changed to add Handy Manny, i beleive. I would definately go back here for breakfast.

That is good to know about H&V breakfast vs dinner...I don't know if it will make the list but I do know Ashton would enjoy meeting Oso, Handy Manny, Leo & June.
:wave: Hope everyone is getting a little sun this week! today was our first sunny day in over a week! :sunny: still too nasty to enjoy going outside the yard is slush from all the wet weather for the past few weeks.

Have a great week! Everyone!!! :sunny:

Haven't done H & V, but I would if the kids were into the Playhouse Disney characters. If Ashton likes them, it may be your only chance before he outgrows them.

The characters at Garden Grill are great, the food was a little different for the kids. I'm pretty sure mine only ate a little bit of chicken, rolls, and desserts (of course!:laughing:). I would go back for the characters, not for the food.

Mary, seems to be the concensus on the food at H&V from different threads I have read. But, now I have even more to look forward to at Garden Grill if we make it a date with you guys...need to see if we can get Leanne & her family to join in with us, make it more fun and see if Kayce wants to join us too (not sure if she is doing the DDP or CS...don't remember at the moment).

Yes...doing DDP. Would love a Garden Grill meet up if you guys do it, depending on when of course. :) We have a lot of the same to-do restaurants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter