school is stressing me OUT! best de-stressor? a trip to Disney of course! pg 25 p 364

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by longing2Batdisney, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mommytothreeboys

mommytothreeboys DIS Veteran

Great pics of Ashton! What a little ham!

Gwendolyn's cake looks DELICIOUS! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

As I told you on FB, I absolutely LOVE This one.

4. longing2Batdisney

longing2Batdisney DIS Veteran

Thanks! yes Lisa I have not wanted to let too many people know how old I really was when Gwendolyn came along....:rotfl:

Thanks! on Ashton's pictures, he has heard me say he was a stinker and is telling eveyone he shows his new book to that he was a silly stink ;)

thanks! Ashley, I hope you guys are able to join us I know Danny really enjoyed meeting Chris, yesterday; and I know Ashton would love to hang out with Noah. (I just really need to get a handle on his new problem...:confused3, he knows it is wrong and making himself sick with it).

Thanks! April

Thanks! Jen...he thinks he is being funny and at this time in his life everything is about being funny :rotfl:

Thanks! Jamie

Thanks! Pam

Thanks! Missy and yes that cake is DELICIOUS!!! I decided to give my mom a surprise bday party (60) and I have decided that is the cake I am ordering!!!
    :thumbsup2
    I love that one too! wasn't crazy about the majority of them but I do like that one!

5. longing2Batdisney

down here in Louisiana we have been blessed with some beautiful weather for the last few weeks...on Friday I decided to take the kids to play in the sand at Gulfport/Biloxi beach. On the way of course I had to stop at the outlet (aka: Disney store)...we didn't buy much, bought Ashton two rashguards (my mom bought a swimsuit last year w/o the rashguard--hoping they match close enough. Chloe's mom bought him a new swimsuit for Easter with Mickey so I bought him the rashguard to match) and I bought myself a new park bag! I know I could use it for other uses but I don't see myself doing that (I like a side hip bag for the parks but not for everyday use)...

My mom and I had bought Ashton a pair of crocs and athens crocs with jibbitz. Chloe is always wanting to wear Ashton's crocs so I bought her a cute pair of croc sandels and let her pick out two jibbitz (I put them in her Easter bag) along with two outfits (one a Belle t-shirt), Eric Carle's book "the Grumpy Ladybug" and a stuffed ladybug (Kohl's had them on sale for $5 each to benefit something can't remember at the moment). No candy, I do not do candy for Easter bags, I will probably do cupcakes or bake cookies and let them decorate, but no candy. The week of Easter we will work on the real meaning of Easter but for now we are doing all the Easter bunny, chicks and fun. Normally, I would just give her the shoes and outfits but I thought it would be more exciting for her to have it given gift wise...:confused3

well here are a few of the photos I took along the way....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

It looks like you had a fun day of shopping and beach time! I wish we were closer to the beach so we could do a day trip like your's.

7. longing2Batdisney

Hey Lisa!
    maybe one weekend for one of your little road trips you guys can drive down, then Dana and I could meet you there...sounds like a fun weekend!

8. mommytothreeboys

The beach looks heavenly! :cloud9:

I looked at buying that same bag in black! Very cute! :thumbsup2

9. longing2Batdisney

haha! I had the black bag in my hand and Chloe told me she rathered the brown one...what does a 4 yr old know

10. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

I love the new park bag! So cute!

11. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Ahhhh...the beach (I can't wait to be on one soon). Love your purchases...especially the Mickey bag. The kids look like they are having a lot of fun in the sand. :goodvibes

12. longing2Batdisney

I was on the computer and waiting at 5:00 am this morning; each time I tried to call to work on a few special ones I was told it was not open...so, I stopped calling...I know impatient :sad2:

here is what I managed to come up with:

Wednesday:
    Hollywood & Vine 8:05 am
    (thought this would be a nice addition as this is the day we had planned to meet with Kathy and Mark at DHS)

Thursday:
    Donald's Tusker House 8:15 am

Friday:
    Ohana's friends breakfast 7:35 am
    Coral Reef 4:50 pm
    (was trying to get Garden Grill with Mary and family but unable to get anything before 7)

Saturday:
    Crystal Palace 8:10 am

Sunday:
    NONE
    (was suppose to meet w/ Kayce at WCC but unable to book anything there, CM's, or Ohana's until 5 or later--was planning to be in the park for 4:30 for MNSSHP)

Monday:
    Chef Mickey 11:00 am
    (thought this may be a nice way to end our visit)

what ADR's I would be willing to change?!?
    Chef Mickey -- I may change our ressie's to room only Tuesday night and would need to subtract an ADR
    Danny said he like the way Coral Reef sounded (when I was trying to get a back up for GG) and I read good reviews

Have a great day! everyone!!!!

13. longing2Batdisney

Thanks! Shannon -- I thought I was cute when I had seen it and how perfect as a park bag--the perfect size!

you will be on a BEAUTIFUL beach very soon! and the temps should be heavenly. The kids had a blast playing in the sand, it was just sooooo windy I kept having to move them to keep it from blowing on our blanket and lunch :upsidedow

14. aprilisis

aprilisis <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Your ADRs sound great! I'm so jealous that you have beach weather!!!! We are getting a foot of snow tonight.

15. mommytothreeboys

Yay for ADRs! :banana:

We loved breakfast at 'Ohana and really enjoyed Coral Reef as well. Nice choices! :thumbsup2

16. jngwright

jngwright DIS Veteran

Connie...I am SO jealous of your beach pics.:goodvibes

17. PittypatBR

PittypatBR DIS Veteran

I'm in!! I need a little sand in my life right now! :banana:

Where is the Disney store outlet? Is it in the Gulfport Outlet Mall?

18. 3princesses+aprince

3princesses+aprince DIS Veteran

All Right for having your ADRs booked! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new bag.....oh my god, so cute. Those crocs are adorable too.

And Jealous....yes I am too that you were at the beach. Nice pics.

19. longing2Batdisney

April I am so sorry to hear that you guys are still in the throws of winter. But, you will be in WDW in a month and having lots of warm weather! :sunny:
    I think we are going to enjoy both! :thumbsup2
    I was fun! and hope to do that more often with the kids this year before they start school!

yes, the outlet in Gulfport, I like to go to Lakeside in Metairie too (I just don't do it as often due to traffic). We'll have to plan something soon!

Pam, that's right, you are up there in the north too! We did not have much of a winter this year and you guys can't seem to get rid of it!

The crocs were on sale on the crocs site (cheaper than I paid/I was so mad) the other day w/ free shipping (FALLSHIP).

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I plan to get up tomorrow at 6 and see if I can book a table w/ Mary and family at the Garden Grill on Friday the 30th. So, I may be changing the Coral Reef.

20. longing2Batdisney

Hello! everyone, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Saturday afternoon I finally talked Danny into taking a ride out to Tickfaw State park about 20 min from our house. We had a wonderful evening walking the nature walkways and letting Ashton run around. Now, we are trying to find another day we can leave early one morning, pack a lunch, and spend the day exploring. Thought I would share a few shots I took while there (I am trying to get a four swamp scenes to put in Dayne's room. When he moved into Gwendolyn's room earlier this year, he went with camoflauge (sp) and I figure since he is studying to be a Wildlife and Fishery agent it would fit. I think I may have two so far, now I just need to get Danny to take me to another spot I heard about.

[​IMG]

we were able to see this heron eating a snake
    [​IMG]

these little creatures were ALL OVER the railing and we had to watch as we walked under trees many were hanging by their silk
    [​IMG]

one of my favorite of Ashton and Danny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ashton had to take a picture of the wild strawberries
    [​IMG]

and since I hardly ever allow pictures of me...
    [​IMG]

hope you enjoyed our little adventure...have a great week everyone!

21. mommytothreeboys

What a great way to spend an afternoon. It's beautiful there! :)